The idea of the comic is to make the series closer to Takeshi Shudō's vision: a family-aimed (rather than kid-aimed) work that grows with its audience. The comic also adds a lot of elements from the games.
The rewrite adds a second childhood friend for Ash and Gary named "Sayako". Sayako is based on the original design for a female playable character in Red and Green, which was later used as the basis for both Leaf and Green.
This comic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change:
- Leaf's counterpart is given the name "Sayako" because she didn't have a confirmed name at the time.
- Daisy uses her The Electric Tale of Pikachu name Satsuki instead of her game canon name of "Nanami".
- Age Lift: Professor Oak is 50 instead of the 47 that he is in the games.
- Arranged Marriage: According to the artist, both Professor Oak and his son were in arranged marriages. However, arranged marriages aren't common in Ash's time.
- Childhood Friends: Ash, Gary, and Sayako have been friends since childhood.
- Love Triangle: If these pictures are to be believed, Ash is Archie, Sayako is Betty, Misty is Veronica, and Sabrina is a yandere. Another picture shows that Jimmy (the male protagonist of The Legend of Thunder) is himself going to be in one with Marina (the female protagonist of The Legend of Thunder) and Whitney.
- Patchwork Fic: The comic adds elements from the games, such as Ash wearing Red's clothes and a cut female playable character being a major character. It also has elements of The Electric Tale of Pikachu, such as the name of Gary's sister, and Pocket Monsters: The Animation, such as the Age of Majority being 10.