- When the player selects Alpha at Frenemy, she mentions the malware.Alpha: I got some malware yesterday and turned evil for a few hours. But no worries - I'm all fixed up now!
- When talking with Alpha at Frenemy, she mentions her Handlers.Alpha: This is the first time I've been away from my Handlers.
- When the player selects Alpha and then Ayano, Ayano sometimes hints that Alpha might have violent tendencies.Ayano: A.I. kind of freak me out a bit. Like, what if they randomly become violent and attack their friends?Ayano: I hope all those rumors about Alpha aren't true. Those poor kids...
- Ayano can join the computer gaming club.
- Ayano has a computer in her room, where she can post on Aka Demi's forum.
- The Handlers were the ones who disinfected Alpha when she caught that malware.
- Ayano knows about the malware that turned Alpha evil.
- Ayano has access to the internet, so she's capable of downloading computer programming tools and uploading malware.
- Perhaps some of the gaming club members know a thing or two about hacking (as part of modding or cheating games), and offered to teach Ayano what they know.
- Assuming that she got good enough at malware to infect Alpha, Ayano still wouldn't be experienced enough to know how to cover the malware's tracks or make it difficult to reverse, thus her blatant hacking was discovered and eradicated by Alpha's handlers within a few hours of the infection.
- The only character who regularly comments on this is Ayano, presumably because she is the only girl obsessive enough to keep track of Marshmellow, letting her easily notice his impossible schedule.
- Other characters sometimes mention Marshmellow working several jobs at once. Presumably, they simply saw him at more than one of the places he works.
Fumi was openly attacked by Ayano, and yet she doesn't suspect that Ayano is the one who attacked her. How can this be? What happened?
The problem with that is, even if Ayano's Mask of Sanity is resilient enough to last through however many dates it takes to fool Fumi's first impression, Fumi should have been able to see Ayano's face during the Katana Incident, and Fumi should have been able to revise her first impression of Ayano accordingly.
Given the previous reasons, how could Fumi not see Ayano's face? Maybe...
- Fumi failed all her spot checks.
- Fumi lost or turned off her glassware scanners just before the attack.
- The first thing Ayano did was break or knock away Fumi's glassware scanners.
- Fumi fought Ayano off while sleeping.
- Fumi simply believed Ayano when she told the same lie she tells the player, that the katana attack was "just a joke".
- Ayano started Obfuscating Stupidity the moment she realized that Fumi was about to Curb Stomp her.
- Ayano invoked Unprovoked Pervert Payback on Fumi and then "apologized" for the "misunderstanding".
- Ayano tried to make it look like she was startled into attacking. This would be particularly convincing if Ayano timed her attack shortly after Fumi took her to a horror movie for a date.
- Ayano claimed that her attack was an attempt at a Love Duel. With Fumi coming from the future, there seem to be numerous things she doesn't immediately grasp about the time she's in now. When Ayano realized she was about to get sliced to bits, she could've used this to her advantage and said something along the lines of, "Senpai, what are you doing? This is a Love Duel! Do they not have these anymore in your future?" If so, Fumi could've taken the incident as a compliment and sign of Ayano's affection, with the whole thing even ending up as a Relationship Upgrade in her mind.
Bonus Fridge Horror: If being raped gives Ayano an opportunity to finally kill Fumi (either during or after), would Ayano consider the incident Worth It? Or would she then proceed to kill the player character and herself because she's Defiled Forever?
"My Psionic Skimmer cannot detect the motives of whomever is hunting me. They are either extremely skilled, or utterly emotionless."
If Ayano only pulled a katana on Fumi and decided to do nothing after Fumi pulled her own, Fumi might just think that waving weapons at people is still a thing that happens in the past because this girl obviously shows no hostile intent.
The bonus to this WMG being the mental image that Fumi just greets everyone this way because, hey, when in Rome, and no one really calls her on it.