Draw, Paint, Create!
Released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS
, Art Academy
is a game about drawing and making art, all while being taught real-life drawing styles with real-life tools. The game was first released as a two-part series for DSI Ware
as Art Academy: First Semester
and Second Semester
before getting a full retail release the year following. The game's core gameplay consists of "lessons" which teach the player new skills with every level. The game also features a "Free Paint" mode which allows a fully-open canvas to draw on.
The game got a favorable enough score that sequels and spin-offs soon followed, making the game a series for Nintendo.
Games in the series include:
- Art Academy: First Semester
- Art Academy: Second Semester
- Art Academy (Retail Version)
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone (3DS)
- Art Academy: Home Studio (Wii U)
- Art Academy: Pokémon Edition
- Art Academy: Disney Edition