- Creator Breakdown: "Breakout" was mostly about her dealing with her break up with Nick Jonas.
- "Slide Away" was about dealing with the collapse of her ten-year relationship (which included their eight-month marriage) with Liam Hemsworth.
- Development Hell: Her current recording company is apparently 'holding onto' the tracks she recorded recently and is refusing to release it despite the fact that it's almost finished. The fact that after her fourth album she can move to a different company may be the ultimate reason for it.
- Not to mention that she has two movies in limbo.
- Both movies were (or will be) released, albeit with limited distribution.
- A "Gypsy Heart Tour" DVD was scheduled to be released, but was canceled at the last minute.
- Doing It for the Art: Miley Cyrus And Her Dead Petz may count, a collaboration with The Flaming Lips and Mike WILL Made-It, containing psychedelic rock and trippy EDM tracks with introspective and idiosyncratic, uncompromising (and often very adult) lyrics and ruminations on loss and death. It is only available free of charge on her website. It arguably is unlike anything else in her catalog, even compared to Bangerz.
- Dye Hard: A natural brunette, she bleached her blonde in mid 2012 in addition to cutting her hair to a pixie cut. She has since outgrown her hair to a mid length and reverted back to being a brunette, though with blonde highlights.
- Executive Meddling/Disproportionate Retribution: Her executives from her record label are unnecessarily defensive of her, to the point that any criticism is viewed as acceptable grounds to take down online videos, in spite of the fact that it's perfectly legal and part of being on the internet. Victims of this include The Fine Brothers, who had a Teens React episode taken down.
- Fan Community Nickname: Smilers, based on her father's nickname for her: "Smiley Miley."
- I Am Not Hannah Montana: Many written articles — even in respected print publications — often referred to Cyrus by the name of her most famous role, even when the article in question had nothing to do with the show. This ended in 2013, where her Hotter and Sexier change to a mature image made her name unquestionably Miley Cyrus to those writers.
- Odd Friendship: Snoop Dogg, Kelly Osbourne, Elton John, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pharell Williams, Wiz Khalifa, Demi Moore, Nicki Minaj and much of the main cast of Two and a Half Men are among her friends.
- She is great friends with, and has collaborated many times on- and off-stage with Flaming Lips and their leader, Wayne Coyne.
- Old Shame: After releasing the Lighter and Softer song "Malibu" in May 2017, Miley has said that she regrets recording "Wrecking Ball", partly because it was a Creator Breakdown for her since her relationship with Liam Hemsworth had began to collapse (they had reconciled at the time of the interview and eventually got married, only to separate eight months later) and has admitted that she may Never Live It Down.
- Romance on the Set: She began a romantic relationship with actor Liam Hemsworth whom she met while filming The Last Song.
- Screwed by the Studio: LOL got demoted to a limited release and almost no promotion from Lionsgate, as well as put up against The Avengers. Several people admitted to not even knowing the movie was out.
- Her second appearance on SNL (season 39, episode 2) ended up being pushed back half an hour unannounced due to a football game running long. It could have aired on time if several stations just went straight to the show instead of airing local news first. The move most likely ended up costing the episode viewers.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: At least five-
- "See You Again" is a blatant soundalike of "Sunglasses At Night" by Corey Hart
- "Old Blue Jeans" sounds a lot like "Livin' After Midnight" by Judas Priest
- The chorus of "Wrecking Ball" is similar to "I Could Have Been a Dreamer" by Ronnie James Dio
- The instrumental of "Fly On The Wall" is practically note-for-note identical to that of "Paint" by metal band Skillet
- "Rockstar" sounds so much like "Scotty Doesn't Know" by Lustra that Lustra openly accused her of ripping the song off- to which Disney admitted that she only sang what her songwriters handed her.
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: Her movie The Last Song is a young adult romance tragedy, rather than the more comedic Hannah Montana for which she is famous.
Trivia / Miley Cyrus