- All-Star Cast: We've got Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Julie Bowen, Ray Liotta, Rob Schneider, June Squibb, Kenan Thompson, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Buscemi, Maya Rudolph, Tim Meadows, Noah Schnapp, Michael Chiklis, Colin Quinn, Mikey Day, Blake Clark, Melissa Villaseñor, Ben Stiller (reprising his role from Happy Gilmore), and a number of former Disney Channel stars (Karan Brar, China Anne McClain, Paris Berelc, Peyton List, Kelli Berglund, Kevin Quinn, and Bradley Steven Perry).
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: The movie playing at the drive-in is a made-up old black-and-white movie called I Was A Teenage Zombie which is obviously lampooning films such as I Was a Teenage Werewolf and I Was A Teenage Frankenstein, but there actually does exist a movie called I Was A Teenage Zombie that also lampoons the two films mentioned above, though it came out in 1987, is in color, and is about a drug dealer coming back from the dead after teenagers kill him and dump his body into a river contaminated with nuclear waste, the Teenage Zombie of the title coming into play once the reanimated drug dealer kills him and his friends dump his body in the same river to bring him back.
- California Doubling: scenes were filmed in neighboring Marblehead, Massachusetts due to Salem, Massachusetts being somewhat urbanized.
- In Memoriam: The film is dedicated to Cameron Boyce (see What Could Have Been below)."Gone way too soon and one of the kindest, coolest, funniest, and most talented kids we knew. You live on forever in our hearts and are truly missed every day."
- Playing Against Type: Karan Brar, best known as the nerdy and easily bullied Ravi Ross in Jessie and Bunk'd plays a jerk who pranks the much older Hubie at their jobs in the deli. As noted below, Cameron Boyce, who had played several jerks in his career, was the original choice for the role.
- Production Posse: Many of the Happy Madison alumni appear including Rob Schneider, Steve Buscemi, Ben Stiller, Kevin James, Blake Clark, Dan Patrick, and China Anne McClain. Sandler’s daughters Sadie and Sunny also have central roles.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: Not for the film itself, but WHDH news anchor Alaina Pinto was fired from the station for her part in the gag where every woman on the local news show dresses as Harley Quinn, which was apparently a contract violation.
- Role Reprise: Ben Stiller as Hal the orderly 24 years after Happy Gilmore.
- Those Two Actors: Peyton List and Karan Brar are once again acting together after the Diary of a Wimpy Kid films and Jessie.
- Underage Casting: China Anne McClain, who was 21 years old during filming, portrays an elementary school teacher.
- What Could Have Been: Cameron Boyce, who previously co-starred with Adam Sandler in the Grown Ups films, was supposed to play Deli Mike Mundi, but passed away due to complications from epilepsy before shooting. The role instead went to his former Jessie co-star Karan Brar, and the film is dedicated to his memory.
Trivia / Hubie Halloween