Kenan Thompson (born May 10, 1978) is an American actor and comedian from Atlanta, Georgia.
His career began in The '90s, on the Nickelodeon sketch comedy show All That. He and his fellow cast member Kel Mitchell were later given their own show, Kenan & Kel, which ran for four seasons. In 2003, he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live and went on to become the longest-serving SNL cast member (both overall and the longest-serving African-American cast member, beating out Tim Meadows, who was literally on the show for a decade: 1990 to 2000). Thompson is also the first cast member to be born after SNL's 1975 premierenote , the first SNL cast member to get his start on a mainstream children's shownote ), and has beaten Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis as having the most celebrity impressions at a whopping 140 and counting (with his Bill Cosby impression as the only one he carried over with him from his days as a kid/teen star on All That). See here for an exhaustive list.
- D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994): Russ Tyler.
- D3: The Mighty Ducks (1996): Russ Tyler.
- All That (1994-1999, 2002, 2005, 2019): Various Characters.
- Heavyweights (1995): Roy Murphy.
- Kenan & Kel (1996-2000): Kenan Rockmore.
- Good Burger (1997): Dexter Reed.
- The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000): Lewis.
- Saturday Night Live (2003-present): Various Characters.
- Fat Albert (2004): Fat Albert.
- Snakes on a Plane (2006): Troy.
- The Grinch (2018): Bricklebaum.
- Bring The Funny (2019): Co-host.
- Trolls: World Tour (2020): Tiny Diamond.
- Hubie Halloween (2020): Sgt. Blake.
- Kenan (2021-): Kenan Williams.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: For three years, he and Kel were regulars on two Nickelodeon shows and also made Good Burger during the same time period.
- Older Than They Look: Can pass for 30, but as of season 46 of SNL he's 42.
- Typecasting: If SNL does a sketch revolving around a Game Show, it's almost a guarantee he'll be the one playing the host and Only Sane Man (since Bill Hader — who normally plays game show hosts who are the sane ones — left the show).
- This was also his role in the All That sketch You Can't Win, as his character would always be the one pointing out how ridiculous the rules are.