- Actor Allusion: Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter voice Elise's parents. Not the first time they've played a married couple.
- Also in Baseball, the police sketches of Dan and Chris are actually the faces of Curtis Armstrong and Dave Foley, their voice actors.
- In Canada, Chris admits he's 1/16th Canadian. His voice actor, Dave Foley, is 100% Canadian.
- Tara Strong playing a spoiled kid named Timmy.
- Paget Brewster was also on another show where she played a government agent (both FBI and CIA).
- Clancy Brown playing a Superman ripoff named Terrifi-guy.
- Crossdressing Voices:
- One episode had Dan babysitting a boy named Timmy, who's voiced by Tara Strong
- Subverted with Paget Brewster as Mr. Mumbles. Despite the male name, she's actually a girl.
- Defictionalization: Dan's "Almost Grandmas Deviled Eggs" recipe from "The Family Thanksgiving". Dan's "Jerk" shirt can also be bought & worn.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Season 1 is available on DVD, but not the rest of the seasons.
- Production Posse: This show reunites actor Curtis Armstrong with animator Bill Kopp, the show's director. The two had previously worked together on Eek! The Cat, which Kopp co-created and in which Armstrong provided the voice for Scooter the Caveman for the "Terrible Thunderlizards" segments.
- Screwed by the Network: The show was suddenly cancelled after season 3, in spite of good reviews and ratings. Starz (which owns Film Roman and distributes it on DVD and Digital) could potentially revive it at some point.
- Talking to Himself: Paget Brewster as Elise and Mr. Mumbles
- Tuckerization: Yes, Dan and Chris do share the name of the show's two creators.
- What Could Have Been: The series was initially envisioned as a live-action, TV-MA-rated sitcom (with HBO as the most likely network for it; that or Starz). Hearing that [adult swim] was hearing pitches for new series prompted Chris Pearson and Dan Mandel to re-work the format as an animated series. The show was brought to The Hub (a more-or-less family-friendly channel, filled with stuff primarily for children, like Littlest Pet Shop and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magicnote ) by Margaret Loesch, former head of Marvel Productions and Fox Kids, who operated the production company which produces the show and picked up the show as the channel's founding CEO. (She jokes about launching an entire network just to give Pearson and Mandel a show.)
- In a 2012 Comic Con panel, it was revealed that there was supposed to be a Dan vs. Ted episode and at least two scripts had been written, one of which eventually became the Dan vs. Dan.
- The Wiki Rule: The Dan Vs. Wiki.
- Write Who You Know: Elise is loosely based on Chris Pearson's wife, Elise.
Trivia / Dan Vs.