The Flying Dutchman takes residence in SpongeBob's house after his ship gets wrecked and scares SpongeBob silly, but his scariness wears off, so SpongeBob agrees to help him get it back
Ghost Host contains examples of:
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: The Flying Dutchman makes a habit of scaring SpongeBob when he stays with him while his ship gets repaired. Eventually, SpongeBob gets less scared of the Dutchman's antics to the point where he becomes unfazed at even his most elaborate horrors.
- Delayed Reaction: A customer falls asleep on a mattress being sold to him. The Flying Dutchman comes in and tries to scare the sleeping dude, but no matter how much he tries, he won't wake up. Only when The Flying Dutchman gave up and the salesman has come back already did the customer wake up and scream in terror.
- Series Continuity Error: Squidward claims to not believe in ghosts, but has encountered the Flying Dutchman numerous times before.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: The Flying Dutchman. When he does leave he reveals that his ship has been repaired for 3 months.
- Your Cheating Heart: The Flying Dutchman is seen flirting with a woman, who points out the wedding ring on his finger. After which, he tosses it aside.
SpongeBob and Patrick help Sandy build an invention that will impress her bosses, otherwise she will have to leave Bikini Bottom forever.
Chimps Ahoy contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Parodied when Patrick invents a portal to an alternate universe, but SpongeBob points out that it's just a mirror. When Patrick complains, an image of SpongeBob appears and speaks in a German accent, "Well, I thought it was a pretty good idea."
- Black Comedy Burst: SpongeBob tests out one of Sandy's inventions, a helmet that lets the user talk to nuts. Then Sandy shows him her nut-achino machine, which can blend nuts into coffee. She puts the peanut in the machine and it screams in agony as SpongeBob looks incredibly forlorn and takes off the helmet while Taps plays.
- Melancholy Musical Number: Sandy sings a sad song about how much she'll miss Bikini Bottom if she has to leave.
- With a Foot on the Bus: Sandy nearly gets on the bus out of Bikini Bottom.