Angel tries to find his son after he flees into the city of Los Angeles.
- Arm Cannon: Connor's three-chambered, wrist-mounted stake-launcher.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His other arm has a curved, sickle-like blade strapped to it. It ends up pressed to his own throat by Angel, who then relents - which freaks Connor out more.
- Bullet Time: More like 'Flying Stake and Hurled Axe Time'.
- Cliffhanger: Holtz came through the rift while Groo and Cordy were unconscious.
- Conspicuous CG: Connor jumping on a bus and fighting with Team Angel.
- Damsel in Distress: Connor saves teenage junkie Sunny from being beaten by drug dealer Tyke.
- Distracted by the Smoochies: Groo has been standing motionless for hours, ready to cleave anyone or anything that comes through the rift, when Cordy distracts him with a kiss, whereupon a blast of lightning knocks them unconscious.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Father trying to reconnect with his child who'd been put up for adoption as a baby.
- Ear Ache: Connor slices off Tyke's ear as a trophy, "So he won't forget me." Tyke doesn't — he comes after Connor seeking vengeance.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: Cordelia tries to use her newly-revealed powers to close the rift. After holding her hands skyward and commanding the rift to close in a loud voice...nothing happens.
- Game Face: Connor insists Angel show him the face he used when killing Holtz's family. Doubles as an ironic Call-Back, as it is the way Angel had stopped baby Connor's crying in "Dad".
- Give Me a Sword: Cordy throws Angel a sword so he can fight Connor.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Groo re Angel.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Though not for the usual reasons; Holtz has indoctrinated Connor into believing that Angel is an evil monster.
- Hell-Bent for Leather / Battle Trophy: Connor steals Tyke's jacket after knocking him out.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Connor casually undressing in front of Sunny.
- Mugging the Monster: Connor vs Tyke and his goons. They get in a few hits, but not enough to keep him down.
- Nemean Skinning: Connor wears the skins of "things that I've killed", though he makes sure to nick Tyke's jacket as well — he'd know from first-hand experience just how much work it is to tan leather.
- Not So Different: Wesley curtly turns down Lilah's offer of a job. She hands Wes an antique edition of Dante's Inferno, pointing out that the innermost circle of Hell - in the centre mouth of the Devil himself - is Judas Iscariot.Lilah: The worst spot in Hell is reserved for those who betray. So, don't pretend you're too good to work for us.
- Not What It Looks Like: Tyke thinks that Connor's suit is made out of shammies, not realising they are demon skins.
- Oblivious MockeryGroo: I'm sure Angel has regaled you with his many exploits.
Cordy: Oh, he's tried alright. But I get so bored with all that 'days of yore' crap. (Groo glances at her) Ah, I mean...they're nothing like your thrilling tales of adventure!"
- Offscreen Teleportation: Mistress Meerna, who keeps disappearing from one place and instantly reappearing in another.Lorne: It's been like that all day! One of the nasty side effects of specializing in dimensional magic. What I wouldn't do for a lasso and some crazy glue.
- Oh, Crap!: "That can't be good."
- Outside Ride: Connor jumps onto the back of a moving bus and climbs onto the roof.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: ConnorGunn: Couple of weeks ago he was wearing diapers. Now he's a teenager?
Cordy: Tell me we don't live in a soap opera.
- Police Brutality: The LAPD when they corner Tyke and his drug dealers. They act as a execution squad killing everyone there rather than arresting officers.
- Punch Catch
- Raised by Wolves: Connor
- Revenge Through Corruption: Holtz gets revenge on Angelus by raising Connor to believe his father is evil.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: Averted by Lilah, who offers Wes access to the finest library of mystical, occult, and supernatural reference material in the world plus full medical, dental and 401(k) package.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Connor tracks down Holtz even though he assumed his 'father' was back in the hell dimension. In Season 4 it's revealed that Holtz would have him do this as a training exercise.
- Shout-Out: Gunn calls Connor "Peter Pan" while fighting. Androgynous, supernaturally-agile, dressed in rags? If the shoe fits...
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Wes vs. Lilah. This is the beginning of a beautiful not-quite-friendship.
- Sword over Head: Connor flees the Hyperion when Angel doesn't kill him when he has Connor at his mercy.
- Taking the Bullet / Take Me Instead: Angel to Tyke — these acts make more of an impression on Connor than Angel's words.
- Tastes Like Friendship: Sunny shares her candy bar with Connor.
- This Is the Part Where...: Wesley knows what it means when Lilah turns up uninvited.Wes: I find you being here extremely funny.
Lilah: And how is that?
Wes: Because you're going to offer me a job.
- Wake-Up Fighting: After years surviving in a hell dimension, Connor snaps awake, drawing a knife from a sleeve.
- Walk-In Chime-In: Angel says he hopes Connor will one day accept the demon part of him.Connor: You'd have to kill me first.Tyke: (from the door) Well, that's the plan.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Connor has aged sixteen years despite having only been gone a couple of weeks.