Weyes Blood is the stage name of Singer-Songwriter Natalie Laura Mering (born June 11, 1988). Her music combines influences from Baroque Pop, chamber pop, and psychedelic folk and harkens back to music of the 1960s and 70s.
She was originally a Noise Rock musician and was bassist to the experimental band Jackie-O Motherfucker and the singer to the band Satanized. She has gone through multiple changes in her music throughout her career, as well as changing her stage name multiple times, from Wise Blood to Weyes Bluhd to Weyes Blood.
Her most popular and critically acclaimed album is 2019's Titanic Rising, which brought her new fame.
- 2011 - The Outside Room
- 2014 - The Innocents
- 2016 - Front Row Seat to Earth
- 2019 - Titanic Rising
- 2022 - And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow
- Baroque Pop
- Cover Version: She performed a cover of "You’re no Good" for the soundtrack of Minions: The Rise of Gru.
- Face on the Cover: Her face appears on all of her album covers.
- Folk Music
- Genre Roulette: She has performed a variety of genres, such as noise rock, baroque pop, chamber pop, folk, soft rock, psychedelic rock, and others.
- Genre Shift: She started as a Noise Rock musician but eventually started making baroque pop music.
- Genre Throwback: Her music takes heavy inspiration from the Baroque Pop of the 1960s and 70s.
- Green Aesop: Some songs from Titanic Rising have an environmental message.
- Indie Pop
- Instrumentals: She has had multiple instrumental songs, including the title track of Titanic Rising.
- Noise Rock: Her early music was noise rock before she moved to baroque pop.
- Psychedelic Rock
- Singer-Songwriter: She writes and performs her own music.
- Shout-Out: Her stage name is a reference to the novel Wise Blood.
- Stage Name: Her original stage name was Wise Blood, but she ended up changing it to Weyes Bluhd and finally Weyes Blood.
- Title Track: Titanic Rising features an instrumental song of the same name.