Poor Mitsu is now a ghost and no humans including Madoka can see her. However, now she can go back to being a Stalker with a Crush and with her new powers, become an even better one to boot! Heck, with her new powers she can now drive off anyone who comes too close to her beloved Madoka!
All goes swimmingly until New Transfer Student and Schoolgirl Lesbian Kyouko appears. Kyouko was a childhood friend of Madoka and wants to fulfill the Childhood Marriage Promise the two shared. Mitsu has even more to worry about as Kyouko has the ability to see ghosts!
Honey Crush is a recently finished Manga by Asu Tsubaki, who is perhaps better known as the artist of He Is My Master. Serialized in Yuri Hime S, the work is an irreverent and comedic mixture of Girls' Love with the supernatural.
Honey Crush contains examples of:
- Bifauxnen: Kyouko when she was younger.
- Bittersweet Ending: Kyouko and Mitsu finally admit their feelings for each other, which causes Mitsu to go to heaven and Kyouko to remain behind... Alone and in tears... "Memories of the little lady will never be forgotten..." indeed.
- Bury Your Lesbians: Mitsu, although that doesn't preclude a happy ending for her.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: Between Kyouko and Madoka.
- Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends: Inverted as two of the loose ends are the Official Couple.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Mitsu
- Cute Ghost Girl: Mitsu
- Determinator: Mitsu, not even death stops her!
- The Ditz: Madoka
- Gayngst: Mostly either subverted or used comedically.
- Ghostly Possession: Mitsu does this accidentally to Yamada.
- Go into the Light: Two Mikos try to convince Mitsu to do this, either for profit, or... just because(?). It sets up a moment when Kyouko saves Mitsu from them.
- Go Out with a Smile: Mitsu does this when she finally goes to heaven after admitting her love for Kyouko.
- I See Dead People
- Loners Are Freaks: Played with. Kyouko can see and speak to ghosts, and other people think she is a freak thanks to that and keep their distance. Which leads to Kyouko talking to ghosts to have company...
- New Transfer Student
- Nosebleed: Mitsu has one despite being a ghost.
- One Head Taller: Mitsu and Kyouko.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Power Floats
- Satellite Love Interest: Madoka, despite being introduced on the first page, has since received little to no characterization (except for a narrow-mindedness regarding gender that is unforgivable in a yuri story).
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Mitsu and Kyouko.
- Sleep Cute: Subverted and played for comedy.
- Stalker with a Crush: Mitsu by quite a bit.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Kyouko and Mitsu.
- Tsundere: Mitsu towards Kyouko.
- Unfinished Business: The reason why ghosts are unable to move on.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Kyouko along with many moments of Ship Sinking.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Madoka always assumed Kyouko was a boy in their childhood.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Yamada
- Weirdness Censor: Yamada in particular.
- You Can See Me?
- Zashiki-warashi: Kyouko has one in her house, altough why she is there is never really explained. Mitsu doesn't like her at first. Also Token Mini-Moe.