- "I smell! I SMELL! I SMELL!... Ducky."
- "You smell me?"
- The first thing Spike does when he's born? He eats his own nest. It's his Establishing Character Moment.
- Following this in the group shot of the 5 moving along, Ducky is leading Spike along with a leaf that Spike keeps trying to eat, indicating that was the only way they could get him to keep up.
- There was supposed to be a scene beforehand where that was indeed the case. The artwork for it is available online.
- Following this in the group shot of the 5 moving along, Ducky is leading Spike along with a leaf that Spike keeps trying to eat, indicating that was the only way they could get him to keep up.
- Petrie deciding that he can stay on Littlefoot's head and hang onto his tree star, accompanied by him rolling the tree star up, holding it like a bayonet, and marching back and forth on Littlefoot's head.
- "You got a nice flat head, Flathead. Hee hee!"
- When Spike first hatches, it's subtly implied from the angle of Ducky's head that she gets a look at more than just Spike's tail, and her positively chipper tone when naming him is jarringly funny given the awkward pause beforehand.
Ducky: You should come out, you should! You are late!
- "Uhhhhh... You are a Spiketail, so we will call you Spike!"
- Before that, Ducky's assessment of the situation when she sees his egg hatching. You really can't say she's wrong.
- Ducky: " Petrie, do not feel sad. It is alright. Many things cannot fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike... "
open/close all folders
The Great Valley Adventure
- When Strut (one of the two egg-thief villains) mentions being "eggs-hausted", his partner Ozzy kicks him in the face for it.
- Littlefoot and his friends pursue the egg thieves into a cave. Hilarity Ensues as Littlefoot and Ozzie bump into each other, scream, and unintentionally send everyone else screaming and running blindly through the caves.
- Following their misadventure with the quicksand, Cera gathers the gang to complain about their parents' subsequent scoldings.Cera: I suppose you all got the same lecture I had?
Petrie: "Me too young to wander far."
Duckie: "We are not grown-ups and should remember it."
Littlefoot: "There are many dangers. I must always be careful."
Cera: "Don't hang around with longnecks, big-faces and spiketails." [beat, everyone stares wide-eyed at Cera] Well...it was mostly the same lecture.
- Then there's the fact that Strut acts a lot like Pinky.
The Time of the Great Giving
- Hyp, Mutt and Nod may be big bullies, but they sure really steal the show. Like how Nod constantly repeats whatever Hyp says and Mutt needs some prodding from his friends.
Journey Through the Mists
- Icky gets stuck in a log so Dil chomps him out of there, so his neck is only stuck in part of the log. He panics when he thinks Dil is going to eat him, but Dil bites off the last part of the log. After the log is gone, the look on Icky's face is priceless.
- The following line from Ichy and Dil's Villain Song. Really, Ichy was the clear winner of this roasting contest.Ichy: And who needs you!? You flatfoot four foot quitter! You're bitter and you're mad, 'cause you're as ugly as your DAD!
The Mysterious Island
- Cera's reaction to finding out the Great Valley dinosaurs may have to split back into seperate herds:
- When the children walk off again, (this time, to find more green food), you may get a kick out of them walking funny, especially with Petrie carrying Ducky as they hop along. Cera even lampshades it.Cera: This is stupid. Why do we have to walk like this?
- Even though it's quite a serious situation, the reactions to the five friends going missing may make you laugh too, especially Topps' one.
Topps: This is all your fault, Longneck! My daughter is gone, and I blame that boy of yours!
- Mr. Threehorn growls at Grandpa Longneck at how he blames Littlefoot for getting Cera missing, but when he's questioned on why, he is reduced to stammering since can't think of a valid reason.
Grandpa Longneck: Littlefoot? Why?
Topps: Because...well, uh...Because I have to blame somebody, don't I?
- When the gang first encounter the "Big Water", they all eagerly dunk in to drink up, only to come out spitting and gagging. Spike accidentally swallows a big gulp.
- Soon after that, Ducky noticed Spike is smiling (he was staring at the titular island). She tries to push the smile down because he supposed to be sad like the rest of the group for not finding any drinkable water. She immediately gave up.
- When Chomper claims his parents would like the gang, Cera replies: "How? Rare, medium, or well done?"
- When Chomper goes to gather green food for his friends, his parents witness this and get the assumption that he is gathering them for himself.Chomper's Dad: Sometimes I worry about that boy.
- Chomper's mother, with Chomper translating, assures his friends that they're safe with them. Chomper's father leans over and sniffs at the plant-eaters (who earlier had disguised their scent with bad-smelling plants), and remarks to his mate, "Anything that smells like that couldn't taste very good anyway."Littlefoot: What did he say?
Chomper: He, uh... he says "Yeah, same goes for him."
- The climax: Chomper bites on the Plated Sharptooth's tail to protect his friends. The Plated Sharptooth tries shaking him off, but Chomper holds on tightly. Then he tries to kill Chomper, only for Chomper to let go, and the Plated Sharptooth bites his own tail instead, causing tears to well up in his eyes as he roars in pain.
- As Elsie is returning the gang back to their families, Cera gets seasick and complains that she hates the water.
The Secret of Saurus Rock
- The twins Dinah and Dana may be viewed as annoying scrappies, but they sure are hilarious.
- When the gang come to rescue the twins from falling of the Saurus Rock mountain. The twins land right on top of Cera, and the rock she's standing on crumbles and breaks off the cliff, taking her and the twins with it. The pointy rock lands on the ground, just inches from impaling Spike, who faints.
The Stone of Cold Fire
- This exchange after Rinkus knocks Petrie out of the air:Pterano: (hits Rinkus) If there's one thing I will not tolerate, it's violence!
Rinkus: Then why are you hitting me?!
Pterano: Right, make that two things: violence and stupid questions! (hits him again)
- Sierra expressing his hatred for Ducky's Catchphrase.Ducky: You are not very good at landing, are you?
Sierra: "Pipe down, or I'll—
Pterano: Sierra! Show a little self control, will you?
Sierra: Self control my tail-bone! I've been puttin' up with that whiny little voice since we took off! (imitating Ducky) "No, no, no! Yep, yep, yep!" It's driving me nuts, nuts, NUTS!
- The chase in the canyon after the gang rescue Ducky. Basically, Littlefoot and Ducky are riding a log down the river while Cera and Spike waterski behind them, all the while being chased by Pterano and co. It ends when Littlefoot distracts them long enough that they crash into an overhanging rock. Complete with a priceless Oh, Crap! face from Pterano, since he's being towed along by the others and is the only one who can see what's coming.
Sierra: Don't mind if we do. (grabs Pterano's wing and Rinkus grabs the other as he chuckles evilly and they drag him along)
- Pterano trying to stop Rinkus and Sierra from attacking the gang and telling them to "get a grip!" Their response?
Pterano: Let go of me! How dare yoooooouuuuuuuuu!
The Big Freeze
- Cera's "mad" song has a moment where she screams so loud that it echoes through the entire valley. And then, we see her dad's reaction:Mr. Threehorn: (proudly) Ohoho, she's mad at somebody!
- As the gang hikes through deep snow, Littlefoot mutters 'How could this get any worse?'. Cut to the gang struggling through a blizzard as Cera shouts "You had to ask, didn't you?!"
- Even if it makes perfect sense for large roaming animals, this line by Tippy's mother.Tippy's mother: Now remember, Tippy, bolt your food. That way you can eat more.
Journey to Big Water
- Littlefoot wants to play with his friends, but unfortunately, they're all too busy and preoccupied.
Littlefoot: Hey, Cera, wanna race me to Ducky's and Spike's?
- Cera and her dad are struggling move a huge fallen tree.
Cera: I can't, Littlefoot. I gotta help my father move this tree. It fell on top of our sleeping place.
Cera: Sorry, Littlefoot. (she and her dad continue to shove the tree, to no avail)
Littlefoot: Hey, maybe I could help?
Topps: I appreciate the offer, Littlefoot, but my daughter and I are fully capable of doing the job ourselves! (resumes trying to shove the tree, which still barely moves)
Littlefoot: Ok, Cera, I'll see you later?
Cera: Uh-huh. (continues vainly trying to move the heavy tree)
Ducky: Mama says we have to move because the sky-water has made our nesting place too squishy. See? (She stomps on the mud puddles) Though me and Spike really like it.
- Ducky and Spike and their family are relocating their nest due to the rain making their current one too muddy.
(Spike slings some mud on Ducky's beak. Ducky flings some on Spike's nose.)
Littlefoot: Well, maybe when you're done moving we can all do something together?
Ducky: Yes! Like play in all this squishy mud!
Littlefoot: Then I'll see ya later?
Ducky: Yup! Yup! Yup! (continues jumping in the mud)
Mama Swimmer: Ducky! Spike! Stop squishing in that mud and come along! We have a nest to build!
Ducky: Okay, Mama.
Littlefoot: Petrie! Petrie! You up there?
- Petrie says he can't play either because he has a terrible sneezing cold.
Petrie: Me up here, Littefoot. But sorry, me can't play today. Me got sniffles from having wet feet. Ah-ah-ah-AAAH-CHOOOO! (his sneeze sends him flying backwards and he thuds on his back) Oooh, me gotta learn how to fall softer.
- Littlefoot becomes increasingly bored with his friends being too busy to play. So he pretends to play with his reflection in the river, alternating between using his normal voice and a big deep voice. It just must be seen to be believed.
- Pretty much everything that comes out of Mo's mouth. He almost steals the whole show with his squeaking and babbling.
- Cera getting pinched by a crab.Cera: Ow! I just stepped on something! (sees a shape in the water) What is that weird-looking thing? (she inhales and puts her head in the water. SNAP!) AAAAAAAAH! (shrieks in pain as she lifts her head out of the water with a crab pinching her nose)
Ducky: Cera, what is that on your nose?
Cera: I dunno! Just get it off! GET IT OFF! (sprints around trying to shake the crab off, screaming and wailing) AAAH! OW! AAAAAAH!
Petrie: (tries pulling the crab off Cera's nose, to no avail) It's stuck!
(Petrie loses his grip, sending Cera tumbling all the way to shore.)
Cera: AAH! LET GO! LET GO! LET GO! LET GO! LET GO! LET GO!
Mo: (squeaks indecipherably)
(The crab finally gets off of Cera's nose and skitters away)
Littlefoot: Wow! Good going, Mo!
Petrie: Yeah! Me wanna learn to squeak like that. It'd sure come in handy.
Ducky: What did you say to it, Mo?
Mo: (indecipherable squeaking)
Cera: Right. Which means?
Mo: Let go.
Cera: Oh, well, yeah. I knew that.
The Great Longneck Migration
- The scene where Petrie and Ducky are debating over which rock Cera should jump to next, unknowing that the next "Rock" is a prehistoric crocodile. This goes on for way longer than is necessary, but the fact that the croc rolls its eyes in total exasperation as if saying "For the love of god, just jump so I can eat you already!" makes it hilarious. For bonus points, Cera has the same reaction while Spike just sits down and sighs with a look that says "Well, I might as well get comfortable 'cause this is gonna take a while..."
- The dinosaurs somehow believe they saved the world upon witnessing an eclipse—despite doing nothing but watching it.Cera: I don't believe it! Longnecks just saved the world! This is gonna kill my dad...
Invasion of the Tinysauruses
- When Littlefoot accidentally knocks every tree sweet off the tree. Realizing how much trouble he's in, he faints. When he comes to, he sees one tinysaurus on his nose and a whole fleet of them eating all the fallen tree sweets. One eats a tree sweet off his nose and he screams, scaring them all away. Then cue Mr. Threehorn and Tria nearby.Tria: Did you hear something?
Topps: [dismissively] Ah, just a flyer.
Tria: Whatever you say, big fella. But it sounded to me like somebody screamed.
Topps: Nah, what would anybody have to scream about on a beautiful day like today? (Topps notices the empty Tree Sweet tree. His eyes widen with horror.) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
(Cut to an aerial view of the valley as Topps screams so loudly, that it echoes through the whole valley, startles everyone who hears it, and even causes a distant avalanche)
Grandma Longneck: What was that?
Grandpa Longneck: (sighs) Mr. Threehorn again.
Grandma Longneck: But what's wrong?
Grandpa Longneck: I don't know, but I'm sure he'll tell us.
- Later when all the dinosaurs arrive at the empty tree sweet tree.Petrie: So, Cera, you mad you not gonna get first bite of tree sweets?
Cera: WHAT DO YOU THINK?!
[Her scream sends Petrie flying backwards and he thuds to the ground]
Petrie: Uh... yes?
- As everyone searches for the tiny longnecks, the adults end up making themselves look silly (one mistakes her own tail for a tiny longneck and chases it round and round in circles, and another gets his head stuck beneath a tree root), while Petrie searches from high in the sky.Ducky: You know, Spike, searching for little ones is kinda fun. I do not think grown-ups are very good at it, though. (both giggle) And I do not think Petrie will be able to see anything from up there, either.
Petrie: Nothing escapes looker in the sky! AHA! There you are! Me swoop down on tree sweet-stealer and— (Petrie thuds right on Grandpa Longneck's snout; He limply falls to the ground)
Grandpa Longneck: Petrie, are you alright?
Petrie: Ohh... Me okay. But you look way lot littler from up there. (faints)
- While looking for the tiny creatures, Littlefoot begins innocently asking Cera too many questions about her dad's new love, each question making Cera more and more angry until she finally snaps.Littlefoot: And they swarmed all over the tree just like a bunch of little creepy-crawlers! Only a lot bigger and—
Cera: OKAY! OKAY! Nobody really cares.
Littlefoot: Hey, who was that with your dad, anyway? They sure looked friendly. (Cera grumbles) Have you known her long? Hey, you think maybe he likes her? (Cera growls and grits her teeth) She gonna be your new mom? (Cera loses her temper and charges at Littlefoot)
Cera: NO! ARE YOU CRAZY?! No! No! NO!
(Cera chases Littlefoot, who leaps over a bush and hides behind a log. She bursts through the bush, scattering all the leaves, panting heavily with intense fury)
Littlefoot: Sorry! I was only asking.
Cera: Well, don't ever ask again! Hmmph! (she turns and marches away)
Littlefoot: Okay. Sure. You wanna look for tiny longnecks now?
Cera: NO! ("NO! NO! NO!" echoes)
Littlefoot: Sorta a waste of time, anyway. How do you find something that little in a valley this big? WHOA! (falls into a hole)
- After falling in that hole, Littlefoot discovers the mini-longnecks.Skitter: (muffled) Would you please get off of me?
Littlefoot: Huh? Who said that?
Skitter: Do you mind? I can't breathe! (Littlefoot stands up to see that he landed on a tiny longneck) Ahh, that's better.
Littlefoot: AAAAH! (runs away in panic)
Skitter: ...Was it something I said?
- This gem after Littlefoot discovers how nice the Tinysauruses are.Skitter: My name's Skitter. What's yours?
Littlefoot: They call me Littlefoot.
Skitter: You gotta be kiddin' me!
- Then enters the leader of the Tinysauruses, "Big Daddy"—with the booming voice of Michael Clarke Duncan.Big Daddy: You know better than to bring a big one here! Lizzie, you are grounded!
Lizzie: But, daddy, I—
Littlefoot: Uh, sir? They didn't bring me here. I sorta fell in.
Big Daddy: Oh...[chuckles] Well, nobody's fault then. Well, I guess that's it. (The Tinysauruses sigh in relief. BD's tone turns angry again) WE'RE MOVING!
- Cera, jealous of her father's new girlfriend, is sulking when Ducky and Petrie approach and ask her to hunt for tiny longnecks with them.Petrie: Cera, come hunt with us!
Ducky: Your dad said that whoever finds the tiny longnecks first will get a special treat!
Cera: Yeah? Like what?
Ducky: I do not know exactly, but old Topsy says— (Cera pins Ducky against a tree with her horn)
Cera: DON'T EVER CALL MY DAD THAT AGAIN! Got it?!
(Cera storms off. Ducky slowly slides down.)
Petrie: So, she gonna go with us or what? (Ducky glares at him)
- Cera becomes suspicious upon seeing Littlefoot sneaking out at night, so she wakes up Ducky and Spike.Ducky: I didn't call your dad "Topsy", I promise!
Cera: (sighs) C'mon! And bring Spike.
Petrie: What... is matter... with you?
- Then when Ducky wakes up Petrie, startling him so much that he flies upwards with Ducky holding onto him.
Ducky: Well, Cera was wondering if you could come down.
Petrie: Well... me think... me have no CHOIIIIIIICE! (he and Ducky plummet to the ground)
- As Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike secretly follow Littlefoot into the night.Cera: What do you think he's doing? Taking a snack to Grandma and Grandpa?
Petrie: Maybe he gather tree stars in his sleep.
Ducky: (sleepily) I do not care. Nope... nope... (yawns) ...nope.
Cera: Well, it's better than looking for tiny creatures that probably don't even exist. C'mon.
(Ducky, Petrie and Spike sleepily follow Cera. They hide behind a bush as they watch Littlefoot drag the pile of tree stars. Spike stubs his toe on a rock, promptly awaking him as he lets out a loud pained yelp.)
Littlefoot: Huh? (looks around to see what made the noise; Cera covers Spike's mouth; Littlefoot shrugs and moves on. Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike peek out of the bush)
Petrie: Where'd he go?
Cera: He can't move that fast. (She and the others walk on, not noticing the hole to the Tinysaurus cave; Inside the cave...)
Skitter: Not again!
(The Tinysauruses run for cover as Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike all fall through the hole and land with a thud)
Big Daddy: We expecting anybody else to drop in tonight?
- One of the Fast Biters getting wide-eyed and laughing as Skitter and Lizzy tickle its back.
The Great Day of the Flyers
- When we first see Cera's family and their new egg:Tria: Isn't it beautiful?
Topps: You're planning to stare at it until it hatches? (chuckles)
Tria: (angrily) Hey! I can if I want to.
Topps: (nervously) I-I know. I know.
- Tria thinks her egg is too cold and puts grass shoots on it, getting Topps to pitch in as well. And then when they finish, Tria thinks the egg is now too warm.
Tria: Topsy? Did you lay this egg?
- And when Topps objects...
- Cera's frustration that her dad and step-mom are ignoring her.Cera: I'm heading out to the Mysterious Beyond to see if I could get eaten by a sharptooth.
Topps: (not paying attention) Bye, have fun.
Tria: (ditto) Don't be late.
- After messing up his and his siblings' flying formation and they all have a crash landing, Petrie proceeds to brush himself off and is about to walk off in a dignified manner... until he comes face-to-face with his siblings, all of them shooting daggers at him.
- Before that, Petrie fell into a bush that Mr. Clubtail is about to eat from and begs for him not to eat him. Mr. Clubtail then stalks off, grumbling about how he cannot eat without being disturbed.
- Tria telling Topps to back away from the egg to avoid crushing it, which results in him falling off a ledge.Tria: (relaxed) Much better.
- A lot of the things Guido says or does, especially considering how awkward he is.
- When Topps first meets Guido.
- When Topps storms off, Guido warns him not to go the way he's heading to. Topps does not listen... and falls into a mudhole causing everyone to laugh at him. Topps gets angry with Guido, and the latter jumps into the mud as well to make it even.Topps: Just what we need. Another weirdo.
Grandpa Longneck: (chuckles) I sure wish Grandma was here to see this.
- As everyone is laughing at Topps, Ducky stops laughing thinking it will make Cera mad again. But then she continues when she sees Cera laughing as well.
- The Gang all try to help Guido find out what he is by attempting to have him fit in with the other kinds of dinosaur. When they get to the Threehorns...Topps: Don't even think about it!
(the kids leave without a word)
- Ducky teaching Guido how to swim.Ducky: And then you just paddle with your feet. It is simple.
Guido: Ugh. I gotta tell ya. I have a real problem with swimming where I drink. (gags) It just doesn't seem right.
Ducky: Give it a try. You will be fine. Yep, yep, yep! (takes Guido into the water)
Guido: Wait, wait! And you're sure there's nothing in there that bites?
Ducky: I am pretty sure.
(a shadow swims next to Guido)
Guido: Bad answer! (runs out of the water only to bump into Spike and fall onto his back, as the shadow is revealed to be a turtle) I've just decided I'm not a swimmer.
- When the gang is watching Petrie practiceLittlefoot: He's doing great.
Cera: So far.
Littlefoot: (Death Glare)
- When Petrie messes up his and his siblings' flying formation once again and they fall through a cloud, a nearby Parasaurolophus takes notice of this and comments "Strange weather we're having today."
- This bit after Tricia is born.Petrie: Cute hatchling!
Petrie: ...Me say nothing.
Cera: Hmph! That's what I thought!
- This gem.Mama Flyer: Well? Is it true? Does the Threehorn family have a new addition?
Petrie: Yeah! And, uh...so do we!
Mama Flyer: (Drops berries.)...Petrie? I'm usually the one who makes that announcement.
- When Petrie's siblings tear into him for screwing up their practice again, Guido tries to convince them to cut Petrie some slack for getting confused when flying: "Your rear ends look just like your faces, so, uh, how can he tell which way to go?"
- Cera once again gets in a bad mood, this time over her parents paying more attention to Tricia, that she leaps onto a bush her friends were eating from, which traps Ducky underneath.Cera: (to Littlefoot, livid) What are you looking at?!
(Cera then glares at Spike, who grunts nervously and looks away)
Cera: Where's Ducky?!
Ducky: I am down here.
Cera: What are you doing under a bush?
Ducky: Oh, just resting.
Littlefoot: You okay, Cera? You look upset.
Cera: What have I gotta be upset about? Except my dad and Tria love Tricia and ignore me! My horn could fall right off my nose, and they wouldn't even notice! ARRGH! (stomps on the fallen bush, squishing Ducky with the branches)
Ducky: Ouch! Cera! Uh, if we're gonna keep talking about this, would you please move?
Cera: Oh! Sorry. (steps away, allowing Ducky to free herself)
- Guido running into a tree stump as he tries to follow Petrie and his siblings as they practice.
- Littlefoot startling Petrie as he follows Guido who is sleepwalking.Littlefoot: (coming from behind Petrie, causing him to jump in fright) What's going on?
Petrie: (panting) Where you come from?
Littlefoot: Right over...
Petrie: (angrily) Don't do that ever again!
- Ducky offering to get Cera when the gang's following a sleepwalking Guido.Ducky: I will get Cera. If we have an adventure and Cera is not here, she will get so mad. I do not like it when Cera gets mad. Oh no, no, no!
(cut to the kids still following Guido, only this time Cera has joined them)
Cera: So let me get this straight. You woke me up in the middle of the night, so I can walk all over the valley watching Guido walk all over the valley?!
Ducky: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time.
- When Guido is revealed to be a glider after falling off into a ravine.Petrie: Me no believe it! Guido a flyer!
Ducky: A sleep-flyer!
(The gang stare in amazement as Guido continues to glide over the ravine in his sleep)
Cera: Hey, you know what I just realized?
Cera: We didn't have to use the log after all!
Littlefoot: Heh-heh. Sorry.
- The Spinosaurus snaps up Guido and seemingly eats him... only for its eyes to bug out as Guido tickles its palate with one of his feathers, making it laugh so he would escape.
The Wisdom of Friends
- You gotta admit the Yellow Bellies Loofah and Doofah really steal the show! (What else can you expect from Cuba Gooding Jr. and Sandra Oh?)Loofah: Berry Valley! That's what it's called! Right, Doofah? (Doofah coughs clutching her throat) Uh-oh! HANG ON! I GOTCHA! I GOTCHA! (uses the Heimlich on Doofah, who spits out a bush of flowers)
Doofah: (coughs, then sighs in relief) Thanks, Loofah!
Loofah: We call that one the "yellow belly bounce".
- The running gag of Loofah, Doofah, and Foobie sticking their heads into the sand like ostriches.
- When the gang finally locate the Yellow Belly herd, located in mountainous rock shaped like one.Loofah: Do our rear ends really look like that?! (Looks at his rear end) Wow.
- Littlefoot leading the entire herd of Yellow Bellies to Berry Valley.Cera: Do you have any idea where you're going?
Littlefoot: Sorta. See, I've never heard of Berry Valley before. So it's gonna be someplace I've never been. Right?
Littlefoot: So I'm going in directions I've never gone before. I'm bound to hit it sooner or later. Make sense?
Cera: Maybe to some folks...
Loofah: Makes sense to me!
Littlefoot: (whispering to Cera) Is that good or bad?
Cera: Do you have to ask?
- Ducky laughs at Cera who overhears her and gets pissed, and Petrie immediately declares that he wasn't laughing resulting in Ducky getting mad at him for tattling.
- Petrie getting trapped and farted on by a group of yellow-bellies.
- The Running Gag of Littlefoot repeatedly trying to explain "the wisdoms" to Loofah and Doofah only for them to exclaim "sounds like fun" and then promptly forget what they were told.
- The yellow-bellies spot a bunch of berries and rush over to devour them, Ducky and Petrie try to get some but can't get past them, then when the yellow-bellies finally leave they see the bushes barren except for one lone berry... which Spike then snatches up much to their dismay.
- After Littlefoot wakes up Cera to tell him that he's leading the herd of Yellow-Bellies to Berry valley, Cera says she has a "wisdom" for Littlefoot and then yells at him to never wake her up again, Littlefoot's stunned reaction really sells it.
- Loofah and Doofah thinking that the sharpteeth running towards them are a mirage and not realizing they are real until they are right next to them.
Journey of the Brave
- The character of "Wild Arms" (voiced by Damon Wayans Jr.)— who looks as like his name implies—who reports that Bron is trapped by the volcano earthquake, though he's still alive. When Littlefoot insists for Wild Arms to lead him to his father, the latter's response?Wild Arms: So you want me to take you across the earth break, through the land of feathered sharpteeth, along the moving water, all the way back to the same fire mountain that I just escaped from?! HOW FOOLISH DO YOU THINK I LOOK?! (Beat; the dinos stare at him) Uh, let me put it in another way. The answer is no!
- Then when Littlefoot explains his friends that he intends to go save his dad, Petrie thinks he's joking, only to realize in horror that he isn't!Littlefoot: I am going to the fire mountain to help my dad! And nothing's gonna stop me!
Petrie: (laughs) That's very funny, Littlefoot! Me thought you said you were going to fire mountain to save your dad!
Littlefoot: I did say that! I'm going!
(Petrie's smile droops)
Petrie: You no seem funny now...
- The gang ends up on a rocky slab that cannot support the five's weight and it breaks and they end up riding the rock slab down the hill like a sled!
- Etta is pretty funny in general, Reba's voice-acting really sells it and it feels like much of her dialogue was ad-libbed.
- Wild-Arms freaking out at Chomper and fainting.
- In one episode where the gang is looking for sky colored stones (geodes), the episode's 'villain' is Ducky. She goes from being the nicest person in the show to a greedy, deceiving, paranoid hoarder who would rather hunt for gems than help her stuck brother. This can be seen as either hilarious, disturbing, or both.
- In the same episode, Chomper picks up every rock he finds and asks if it's a sky color stone.
- Not to mentioned when he offers a hive of stinging buzzers (bees) to eat for Littlefoot and Petrie, to the latter two's alarm.
- In the episode "March of the Sand Creepers", they find a talking crab who enjoys telling stories. Cera comments: "Great. Not only does he talk, he talks too much."
- The rest of the gang saying "Please" to Scuttle in order to convince him to bring the other crabs out of the Great Valley and back home. As for Cera: "Yeah, please. Whatever."
- In the same episode, after almost drowning to get some seaweed, Cera emerges from a whirlpool covered in kelp fronds. Littlefoot says: "You got the water greens!" To which Cera replies: "Yes, now GET THEM OFF ME!
- Also the Running Gag in which one of the crabs keeps pinching Spike on the nose, eventually angering him to the point of chasing it out of the valley.
- After the gang bringing back seaweed ("about yay high") for Scuttle the second time, Scuttle once again stalls them by asking yet another "small" favor: building him a nest. Cue Big "WHAT?!" from Cera.
- At the end when the crabs are going back home, Scuttle tells the gang he hates saying a long goodbye, so Cera promptly knocks him onto the crab swarm and they carry him away.
- Chomper's Cloudcuckoolander tendancies bring out much of the humor in the series. Such as in "The Scary Nighttime Adventure" when Mr. Thicknose tells the children about his interests as a hatchling, Chomper cries out "You were a hatchling!?"
- In "The Big Longneck Test", Chomper eats bees out of a hive, much to Shorty's disgust. Cera's comment on this?"You get used to it."
- For the sub-plot of the episode, Shorty lies to Littlefoot's friends that he took the leadership test so that he can be their leader on a trip, which he turns out to be bad at.Cera: How could've Shorty passed the leadership test?!
Petrie: Maybe a test for bad leaders?
- As they leave the Great Stone Walkover, Shorty attempts to lead the Gang the way back... by going the other side from where they came from. This elicits the Gang giving each other a Disapproving Look about Shorty, including Spike.Petrie: That not way back.
Cera: So? There's no point in telling him. He's too busy "leading" us to listen.
Petrie: (sighs) Me wish Littlefoot here...
- At the end when Bron reveals Shorty is not yet ready for the test, Cera snarks "I'll say he's not ready"...before realizing that he lied about taking the test earlier.Chomper: You mean [Shorty] hasn't taken [the test] yet?
Shorty: Uh, no. But I will, soon!
Cera: Hmph. Not too soon, I hope.
- For the sub-plot of the episode, Shorty lies to Littlefoot's friends that he took the leadership test so that he can be their leader on a trip, which he turns out to be bad at.
- In "The Log-Running Game" when Tria reminds Topps he was young once like Cera, Topps responds "I was?".
- This exchange from "The Forbidden Friendship", when Spike and Tippy reveal that they've been playing in secret.Tippy's mother: Well...your Spike must have talked him into it.
Mama Swimmer: My Spike doesn't talk!
- Earlier, Topps and the Spiketail leader get into a fight...only to get their heads stuck to each other because of the cold.
- Episode six has perhaps the strangest inversion of what had become a "Land Before Time" cliche- the main character running away from creatures that want that character dead. Except instead of, say, Littlefoot running from The Sharptooth, it's Chomper, a baby Tyrannosaurus rex, AKA Sharptooth, running away from a herd of Longnecks! Pick the reason why it's funny- Inversion of the predator-prey dynamic, revenge for Littlefoot's mom getting eaten by a Sharptooth, clever moment of self-awareness on the show's part, The fact that the leader of the Herd is Mallory Archer, the list goes on.
- In one episode, the kids all hang out staring at cloud formations. One of the clouds is stated to look like "sweet bubbles" (grapes) and another cloud looks like Chomper. The Chomper cloud starts "eating" the sweet bubble cloud. The real Chomper promptly pops up and says "but I don't like sweet bubbles" and they all laugh.
- "Stranger From the Mysterious Above":
- When Milo, Lydia, and Plower first find Spike sitting on a rock eating from a pile of plants, Plower asks "Why is he eating my bed?"
- Just how the Great Hideous Beast is introduced. As he arrives he makes scary noises and casts a great shadow which cause Spike to cower in fear (and cover his face with the plants he is sitting on), indicating he is a terrifying creature as his name suggests. When he finally appears on-screen, he is revealed to be a Microceratus, a dinosaur that is only 2 feet long.
- And then Spike proceeds to turn around in confusion, knocking the Great Hideous Beast around with his tail. And as it stumbles around in a daze, Spike accidentally hits it again which causes it to get slammed into the cavern wall and trapped by a pile of falling rocks, by which the horned gophers all come out and hail Spike as a hero for it.
- As a reward for defeating the Great Hideous Beast, the horned gophers offer Spike all the food from their colony. Spike is, of course, delighted... until he sees their portions are less than bite-sized compared to him.
- When they get tired of waiting for Mr. Thicknose and Topps to come up with a plan to save Spike themselves, as they're too busy having a "Brains vs. Brawn" argument, the rest of the kids decide to tie some vines together into a long rope which they use to pull Spike out of the hole. But since Spike already find another way out at that point, they end up pulling out the Great Hideous Beast instead.Ducky: You are not Spike. Oh no, no, no!
Cera: I thought he felt lighter.
- The Great Hideous Beast freaking out and making a break for it upon meeting Spike again at the surface world, not wanting to get accidentally tossed around by him again.