- Why didn't Littlefoot's grandparents look for him after the great earthquake in the first film? note
- We're shown a huge split that goes as far as the eye can see (or at least what the camera follows), I always figured that the Littlefoot's grandparents couldn't find a place to cross immediately, and by the time they did it had been so long they would have a much higher chance meeting Littlefoot and his mother at the Valley then trying to backtrack since that's where they were all headed and Littlefoot's mother knows the way (and taught it to her son). And littlefoot does find his grandparents at the Great Valley, he rushes up to them at the end of the original film.
- How can the Great Valley possibly support so many migratory herbivore dinosaurs? Its shown to be big, let's be generous and say its about the size of the Grand Canyon, but even that pales in comparison to the outside world they've all just arrived from.
- A minor nitpick from 'The Great Valley Adventure'; when talking about going to the sinking sand to play, Cera insults the others' cowardice by calling them "a bunch of eggs". Considering that they have the term baby and in fact use it later in the film, isn't that like insulting someone by calling them a zygote?
- That makes sense, considering there are things even a baby can do that an egg can't.
- Could also be that she's basically insinuating that they're useless and just going to sit there and do nothing. Similar to calling someone a "lump on a log"
- Maybe for them, being called an "egg" is a far worse insult than being called a "baby"?
- Something this troper noticed in the TV series: why can small mammals suddenly talk to the dinosaur characters? Anyone who remembers Tickles from the 4th movie can probably see my point.
- Perhaps it's a case of learning the language, similar to how Chomper speaks both Leafeater and Sharptooth
- Another possibility is that Tickles, much like Spike, simply doesn't speak much (if at all)
- Who's older, Littlefoot or Shorty?
- Chomper returns to the Great Valley in the TV series. How did he and his parents get off the island after the land bridge was destroyed by the earthquake?
- Maybe Elsie took them for a ride back to the mainland, like she did with Littlefoot and his friends at the end of 'The Mysterious Island'?
- If Littlefoot is a crossbreed of an Apatosaurus and a Brontosaurus, why does Ali look exactly like him?
- Why do Dinah and Dana have brow horns when Cera has only a nose horn and Dinah and Dana are younger than Cera?
Headscratchers / The Land Before Time