A 1986 comedy film co-starring Bruce Greenwood and Michael David Wright. After Alan and Todd's aunt dies in a drowning accident, they inherit her bikini store on the boardwalk.
As usual, you can find the basics at IMDB.
"The Malibu Trope Shop":
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Alan and Todd's aunt gets drunk and decides to jet ski into a rising surf. She drowns.
- Blithe Spirit: Todd. He drinks directly from the carton, then pours cereal into his mouth. Cindy and Kathy to a lesser extent.
- Briar Patching: Alan begs Jane not to rip the last bikini. He warns her that "If you do(She rips the bikini) you're gonna have to pay for it."
- The Comically Serious: Alan is shown taking notes of what the speaker says during his graduation. His Character Development to loosen up is most of the plot.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Jane is cute, but is a serial whiner.
- Daddy's Girl: Jane is implied to be this. Her relationship with her mom isn't explored, but she is shown to be very close to her dad.
- Dream Sequence: When he sees Ronnie getting into the hot tub, Alan fantasizes about getting in there with her and making out. Later, after breaking up with Jane, he does it for real.
- Failed a Spot Check: One scene reveals that some of the bikinis were made from water-soluble thread, leading to the women running down the beach in those bikinis getting exposed when they get splashed.
- Fanservice: There are women in bikinis throughout the movie. Todd spends most of the movie shirtless, too.
- Lethal Chef: Cindy and Kathy. Some of their meals include pineapple inside-out cake, and pork tartar.
- Naughty Birdwatching: The changing rooms in the shop are equipped with one-way mirrors so people can watch the women getting dressed/undressed.
- Not So Above It All: Alan clearly is wanting to enjoy himself, but holds himself back.
- Of Corsets Funny: Near the end, to distract the police, two kids that have been helping Allen and Todd tear off Jane's dress, revealing a girdle and super-bra.
- Sex Comedy: Of the teen variety, following in the footsteps of Porky's.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: During the Tan Lines/bikini contest, Margie Hill says that she doesn't have any tan lines because she likes to tan "au naturel," and removes her bikini top to flash her breasts. Some tourists see her and a woman screams, leading to police getting involved. Two police officers use their caps to cover Margie's breasts.
- Spoiled Brat: Jane is definitely this.
- Vitriolic Brothers: Todd and Alan are this at first, and don't get along well at all, but they team up later in the film.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Todd spends most of the movie shirtless or with his shirt unbuttoned.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: It's about a bikini shop.