An fanfiction by emletish.
Here, Sokka and the Fisherman from the Episode of the Storm are captured by Zuko.
- Annoying Arrows: Averted. When Zuko is shot by the Yu Yan, there is worry that pulling it out would lead to him dying of blood loss. He winds up passing out when it is pulled out.
- Culture Clash: Aang and Katara have a big one when she discovers the way airbenders deal with family and non-benders. Their fight is enough to make Aang start earth-bending.
- Flowery Insults: While Zuko's insults aren't precisely poetic, he's certainly... creative with them.
- Kick the Dog: Hahn throws into Zuko's face how his father doesn't want him after Zuko calls his plan stupid and even goes as far as suggesting they should drown him as response to the Ozai's insult.
- Kiss of Life: Zuko saves Sokka from drowning during the storm with this.
- Mistaken for Gay: Or at least Mistaken for Bi. Sokka attempts to make Zuko jealous by telling him how handsome and charming Jet was, but all he achieves is making Zuko believe he had a crush on him. Sokka is not amused by this when he founds out.
- Oh, Crap!: The Fisherman is unhappy when he finds out who owns the ship he is on.
- Pet the Dog: When Zuko beats Sokka, he points out errors Sokka had been making and gives tips on how to improve his stance.
- So Proud of You: Iroh tries to use this with Zuko after realizing how little praise he has been getting. Zuko is weirded out by this and asks him to stop doing it so much.
- That Came Out Wrong: The Fisherman and Sokka choose their words poorly when explaining why Sokka was with him and not Katara and Aang.
- Trauma Conga Line: If Canon!Zuko has it bad, Worst Prisoner!Zuko may just have it a little worse. It starts with getting hit by an arrow in the shoulder, then he almost gets killed by a mob, gets manhandled by Bato and when he sneaks into the Pole North with the Gaang, he is used to train the waterbenders into fighting firebenders. And that's just the first book...