The Science Adventure Series, or SciADV Series for short, is a collection of stories originally in the forms of Visual Novels. They all span among other different forms of media (such as anime, manga, light novels, drama CDs, and stage plays), whilst sharing a single universe.
The series is part of the collaboration between Japanese visual novel developer nitro+ and video game manufacturer 5pb. Currently, the Science Adventure series covers six visual novels. The series is planned by Chiyomaru Shikura, the CEO of 5pb., music composed by Takeshi Abo and Zizz Studio, written by Naotaka Hayashi along with other writers, and features character designs by artists including Mutsumi Sasaki and Huke.
Another series of visual novels (and other media) by the same creators exist under the 'Science Visual Novels Series' (or SVN) name and is made up of Occultic;Nine and Anonymous;Code. They exist in a different shared universe than the SciADV Series (though the SciADV games do however exist as their fictional game versions in this universe). Or so we were originally told until Shikura held a livestream in 2017 stating that "SVN" isn't a separate series, but rather it's the Western nickname he made up for SciADV, alongside the fact that the O;N visual novel removed all the S;G references in its script.
A list of the main works in the series:
- Chaos;Head (updated version titled Chaos;Head Noah)
- Steins;Gate (updated version titled Steins;Gate Elite)
- Robotics;Notes (updated version titled Robotics;Notes Elite)
- Steins;Gate 0
- Robotics;Notes DaSH
A list of the spin-off games in the series:
- Chaos;Head Love Chu Chu!
- Steins;Gate: Darling of Loving Vows
- Steins;Gate: Variant Space Octet
- Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram
- Chaos;Child Love Chu Chu!!
Tropes common to all instalments in the SciADV Series:
- The Anime of the Game: Each game has received or is receiving an anime adaptation.
- Big Bad: The Committee of 300.
- Dystopia: What The Committee of 300 intend to create in the future and what the main characters of each game are trying to stop, whether they know it or not.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every instalment uses a semicolon inbetween two words.
- The Illuminati / The Man Behind the Man: "The Committee of 300" who have been pulling the strings behind all the antagonists in each game.
- Science Fiction: The primary genre for each game, using real scientific concepts and theories, but also crossing over into fictional territory, using non-accurate science.
- Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child focus on individuals with reality-altering powers.
- Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 focus around time travel.
- Robotics;Notes and Robotics;Notes DaSH focuses on giant robots and virtual reality technology.
- Shared Universe: Constant references, Continuity Nods and characters appear between each instalment, some more obvious than others.