Samuel Henry John Worthington (born 2 August 1976) is an English-Australian actor, mostly well-known for playing soldiers and warriors.
His first notable role was as Marcus Wright in 2009's Terminator Salvation. His breakout role, however, would come later that same year, in James Cameron's Avatar, the highest-grossing film in history, where he played the lead character.
- Terminator Salvation (2009) as Marcus Wright
- Avatar (2009) as Jake Sully
- Clash of the Titans (2010) as Perseus
- Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- The Debt (2011) as Young David Peretz
- Man on a Ledge (2012) as Nick Cassidy
- Sabotage (2014) as James "Monster" Murray
- Cake (2014) as Roy Collins
- Everest (2015) as Guy Cotter
- Hacksaw Ridge (2016) as Captain Glover
- The Shack (2017) as Mackenzie Phillips
- Call of Duty as Alex Mason (voice)
Tropes about his works:
- Dull Surprise: One criticism of him is his apparent inability to emote convincingly.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: If he doesn't try to put on a (shaky) accent, expect him to just use his natural Australian accent.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Another criticism of his acting is his inability to hide his Australian accent.