The World Forged by PowersCharacters and groups.
open/close all folders
Harde Ware Systems and Family
- Mega-Corp: Though not entirely evil. They sell to both the government and the public.
- Portal Network:
- Powered Armour: The HardeWare Stores sell these to the general public as well as the military.
Tropes applying to two or more of them.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The members of the -Ware family each have their own colour for their eyes and also their text.
- Electronic Eyes: All of the Masters family have this. It seems to be their trademark.
- Noodle Incident: We don't talk about what happened at the 2009 Annual HWSys christmas party.
HardeWare / Ezekiel MastersHardeWare, the most famous superhero in the world and widely believed to be the most powerful despite having a fairly weak power set. He has almost a constant supply of innovation and can out think almost anyone else on the planet, having about 70 thoughts in his head at once when not concentrating if he gets stuck on a particularly hard problem or is in the middle of an intense battle his thought rate can reach into the three-hundreds. He has a thing for Aurelia much to her fathers chagrin and he tends to be a loving father, but what ever you do, don't mention the Christmas party incident, I MEAN IT!
- Artificial Limbs:
- Chekhov's Gun: HardeWare's HardeSuit
- Crimefighting with Cash: As the one of the two primary shareholders in HWSys he has quite a lot of financial leverage and his government contracts allow him to get away with things he really shouldn't be able to get away with.
- Ditzy Genius:
- Gadgeteer Genius: HardeWare all the way.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: HardeWare and Peter.
- Instant Armor: HardeWare's suit may not be entirely instant but he can have it sent to him in pieces from HardeWare Towers and assemble it once it gets there.
- Insufferable Genius: HardeWare, again.
- Large Ham:
- Powered Armour: And (of course) HardeWare has the best in the world, OOC the suit took about a week to perfect and is still tweaked now and then, with the combined efforts of all 3 of the GM's... and Mega... the suit was made to have almost no weakness'. In character the suit has yet to be used as of its huge amount of overpowered-ness but it will make its début someday.
- Truly Single Parent:
- We Can Rebuild Him: HardeWare's artificial arm, eye and spine are a result of this having happened to him a few times in the past. Only in this case he tends to rebuild himself. Furthermore he expresses a rather casual attitude about his willingness to do so again.
TestWare / Cache Masters
- Cute Bruiser: With her powered armour, weapons, cybernetics and nano-bots she is far more powerful than your average school-girl.
- Deadpan Snarker:
- Healing Factor: TestWare has nanbots in her blood that repair her as well as enhance her.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: TestWare is HardeWare's daughter by this method.
- Powered Armour:
- Power Source: Her heart contains the excel reactor which has more power than she could use in her lifetime.
SoftWare / Arania Masters
- Brain Uploading: SoftWare's personality is mostly based on HardeWare's personality.
- Motor Mouth: SoftWare has a tendency to alternate between this and silence.
- Ridiculously Human Robot:
- Robot Girl:
- Wall Crawl:
WetWare / Peter Vanderheijden /Shift
- Arms Dealer: Although he also sells damn near everything else.
- Awesomeness by Analysis:
- Combat Pragmatist
- Corrupt Corporate Executive:
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Peter and Charles
- I Have Many Names: Shift, Aginor, Wetware, Mr. Vanderheijden, Peter.
- Magnificent Bastard: Shift is practically a textbook example.
- Pragmatic Villainy:
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite everything, this still fits.
- Team Dad: For the HardeWare family, even if they only call him 'uncle'.
- The Stoic
- The Unfettered
- Vetinari Job Security: Peter Vanderheijden has known HardeWare since college and seems to be the only one capable of dealing with him regularly without going insane.
- Villain Protagonist: Peter Vanderheijden moonlights as Shift; a power hungry gun racketeer.
- Weak, but Skilled
- Would Hit a Girl
Jade / Charles Ravenholm
- Combat Pragmatist
- The Casanova: With a small helping of his powers.
- The Dragon: for Shift
- Mind Control: And he's not very nice about it, either.
- Blob Monster: A mostly hidden example. Shapeshifting Forgelings live among us disguised as cars, and mailboxes and even your next door neighbor. They're mostly observers but they will try to kill you if you attempt to expose them to the public. This trope applies to most other freemorphs (including Utility Fog) as well unless they're Super Smoke instead. Though some can be both.
The Mad Welder
- Cool Car: The Mad Welder has the Iron Steed.
- Extranormal Institute: The Lightblood Academy is not only for the rich but also has scholarships for the extraordinary. It features combat training for the students among other things.
- Virtual Training Simulation: Lightblood academy has a well equipped gym with holograms and forcefields for students to practice in.