open/close all folders
Erik WilhelmOur protagonist, a laid-back, easygoing teenage boy starting his third year at Privatgymnasium St. Dymphna. He can often be found wandering the school campus at all hours.
- Badass Longcoat: He sports a very nice one in his character design, and while whether he's badass in the conventional sense of the word has yet to be seen, he's been described as an outdoorsy type of person.
- Career-Ending Injury: Downplayed. Erik loves hiking and mountain climbing, however an accident left him with a psychosomatic injury. Nothing is physically wrong with his leg but it still doesn't act correctly.
- Megane: He wears a pair of spectacles in official art.
- Real Men Wear Pink: In the "Contest Entry Transcript" story, Erik is having his nails done courtesy of Sofiya.
- Red-Headed Hero: Erik has red hair, and he's our protagonist.
Jeanne LefevreOne of the romance options in the game, Jeanne is an ace student who also doubles as a kind, helpful tutor to her peers, mostly in the areas of mathematics and science. She's a very curious girl who likes reading up on subjects she loves, whether in the library or from the Internet. She's the head of the astronomy club with her best friend, Isolda.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Jeanne has some considerable pudginess to her figure, as evidenced by official art.
- Meganekko: Jeanne is designed to be this.
- Nice Girl: She's dutiful and ever-helpful to her classmates, even helping them out with their schoolwork if needed.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She shares this dynamic with Isolda.
- Those Two Girls: With Isolda, of course.
Katja BöhmA gentle, sophisticated girl, Katja is a star student and lead soprano of the St. Dymphna's Girls' Choir. Though her aloof presence may prove intimidating to some, she's actually quite helpful to new students, often giving advice and support during their transition to their new accommodations.
- The Ace: She's described to do excellently in anything she tries.
- Amazonian Beauty: Katja is quite tall and according to concept art packs a surprisingly muscular body beneath her clothes.
- Eyepatch of Power: She wears one over her right eye.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Katja has blonde hair, and is a pillar of emotional support for those who need it.
- Ojou: A classy, proper girl. Erik considers her an oddity for being a bit too formal in both speech and mannerism.
- School Idol: An intelligent girl and choir soprano with a lot of admirers.
- Self-Harm: Implied by the gauze on her wrists.
- The Tease: Acts like this to Erik in one of her side stories.
Isolda GaillardIsolda prefers to keep to herself rather than interact with other students as a part of a group. She is quiet yet ambitious, and enjoys a close relationship with her natural surroundings, leading the astronomy club with Jeanne. However, she is also a bit of a worrywart and will often misinterpret passing remarks as holding far more importance than they actually do.
- Does Not Like Spam: Dislikes eating eels.
- Must Have Caffeine: Her character design has her be a coffee junkie.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Jeanne.
Lena ForstSarcastic, brutally honest, and utterly devoid of tact, Lena is the indisputable star reporter of the school newspaper. She often gets lost in her own world but doesn't hesitate to voice out her thoughts. With her sometimes off-putting personality, Lena seems content to revel in being misunderstood.
- Bifauxnen: She's a tall girl with a slim build and short hair. Erik mentions that if not for her name, he'd mistake her for a boy.
- Cool Mask: Wears one, which is strongly reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She's much more tanned than the rest.
- Deadpan Snarker: Devs describe her as a piercingly sarcastic person.
- Mad Hatter: Downplayed. As per her character description, she revels in having her eccentricities be misunderstood by people.
- Intrepid Reporter: School version.
Annaliese KoellAnnaliese, always the silent, unassuming type, shuts them off from her world by listening to music on her questionably expensive headphones. What genre she listens to is a mystery, since she's not a very gregarious person. She also prefers very baggy clothes, either for comfort or for hiding herself from people.
- Conveniently Seated: She sits next to a window and spends a lot of her time staring out of it.
- Eyes Always Averted: She's too shy and anxious to hold eye contact often.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: She uses the seldom-seen earbud variant. She often listens to music, even during class.
- Hime Cut: Reflects her withdrawn, quiet nature well.
- No Name Given: In the demo, Erik never learns her name.
- Shrinking Violet: She's painfully shy.
Natalya Petrovna VolkovaNatalya is a recent arrival to the school like Erik, having come from Russia two weeks prior. She's a sweet-natured, gentle violinist who also happens to be a little kid at heart, always energetic and curious, but also very fond of lame jokes. Being a sheltered rich girl new to both the school and the country, she's eager to meet new people and try out new things that strike her very flighty fancy.
- Always Identical Twins: Averted. She and Sofiya look markedly different. For instance, she's bustier and has shorter hair. They also have completely different eye colours.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: She is a joker however her jokes fall flat more often than not.
- The Ditz: She's described an airhead in official info.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She's the vivacious ball of energy to Sofiya's more level-headed character.
- Genki Girl: She's described as being very lively and energetic.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: In one of her non-canon side stories, just playing a video of her singing is enough to corrupt the whole computer system.
- Ojou: Subverted. She has the looks but not the demeanor or personality.
- Pungeon Master: She's fond of puns. Unfortunately, her puns aren't very good.
- Weight Woe: At the very least, she doesn't enjoy eating.
Sofiya Petrovna VolkovaSofiya is Natalya's responsible sister. She defines herself as a jack-of-all-trades, being an excellent cook, athlete, artist, and gymnast—the perfect sister for Natalya to look up to. She's also vivacious, but much more grounded and realistic, and actively seeks out adventure whereas her sister just curiously tags along.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Her job is to rein in Natalya's fancies.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to Natalya's impulsive character.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: A trait that carries over from her original concept.
- In-Series Nickname: Her sister calls her "Sonechka".
- Jack-of-All-Trades: She has many hobbies she does well in.
Brunhilde WilhelmOne of Erik's older sisters, Brunhilde is a calm and collected woman.
- Boyish Short Hair: She dresses in an androgynous style and wears her hair cropped short.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible to Beatrice's foolish.
- In-Series Nickname: Brunhilde usually goes by "Hilda".
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to her sister Beatrice's girly girl.
Beatrice WilhelmBeatrice is Erik's other older sister. She is often mistaken for his younger sibling due to her demeanor.
- Genki Girl: She's very energetic.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish one to Brunhilde's responsible.
- Must Have Caffeine: She's a fan of coffee, even if she won't admit it.
- Older Than They Look: She's in her twenties but looks and acts younger.
- Woman Child: She shows shades of this due to her childlike enthusiasm.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to her sister Hilda's tomboy.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee.
Gustav WilhelmErik's older brother. Not much is known about him besides the fact he shares similar athletic passions as his youngest sibling.
- The Ghost: He's already moved out and thus isn't shown, at least in the demo.
Ela SahinOne of the publicly known major side characters in the game, Ela is definitely the perfect model student, the perfect "face" of St. Dymphna's. A nice, helpful, academically competent role model, she's the kind of kid parents want their children to be.
- Nice Girl: Is friendly and patient, and ready to help students in trouble.
- Nice Hat: Unlike the other students, she wears a beret.
- Student Council President: She is one.
Irene RossOne of the first students Erik meets, Irene is an unusual and energetic girl.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's eccentric and has interests in odd things.
- Fiery Redhead: Albeit of the "spunky" variety more than the "hot-blooded" one.
- Genki Girl: She's quite plucky, as evidenced by her introduction to Erik.
- Informed Judaism: According to Word of God.
- Leitmotif: "In Her Element".
- Reading Lips: She can lip-read but admits that it's very hit-or-miss.
Fran DragovicFran is a blunt and rather frank student that Erik meets on his first day of school. They are prone to teasing others and making mischief.
- Ambiguous Gender: Invoked. Fran is nonbinary but doesn't clarify it. Not even their friends know what pronouns to use. Fran is described as an androgynous person with a voice that is lower than most women's but more high pitched then most men.
- The Gadfly: Fran enjoys teasing other characters.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: They dress in the girl's uniform top paired with trousers.
- Transgender: They're nonbinary and are fine with whatever pronouns.
Ms. Edna ClaesOne of the teachers at the school.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses to go with her prim-and-proper design.
Ms. Hertha WieckOne of the teachers at the school. Ms. Wieck works with the newspaper club.
- Hypocritical Humor: She vapes inside her classroom while telling Erik that smoking isn't allowed indoors.