The protagonist. She moved to Sweden's Grim Up North to work with the famous genetician Beckert.
- And Then John Was A Vampire: She turns into a vampire after being bitten by Beckert's "private patient".
The second protagonist. She is not happy with her mother's decision to move to a place where the sun does not shine for a month.
- Action Girl: Saga fights back againts the vampires with every weapon she can get her hands on. Including a toaster and a lawn gnome.
A brilliant scientist and medical doctor. He is also vampire and a Nazi with serious masterrace-problems.
- Big Bad: Turns out to be the Nazi vampire behind everything.
An enigmatic and weird goth girl who takes an interest in Saga.
A good-for-nothing intern at the local hospital. He is also a pusher. He is the first person to be turned and unwittingly starts a chain of events that turns into a bloodbath.
- Horror Hunger: While visiting his parents in law, he jumps up during dinner and starts to drink the blood of his parents in law's bunny in the restroom.
A police officer investigating the death of a local biker. He soon realises he is up against something far worse than expected.
- Genre Blind: At first, but he catches on
A music-loving friend of Vega. He host a big party in his house while his parents are away. He is also a vampire.
- The Brute: John is worse than the Big Bad Beckert in that he does not try to fight his urges after turning and shows no regret for what he has done.
- Establishing Character Moment: When he tells Vega she should not have any regret about taking the pills from Sebastian we get a forshadowing, since when he starts killing and maiming his friends, he shows no regret unlike Sebastian and Beckert.
Jacob's partner in the police force.
The progenitor of all the vampires in the film.