Frostbite is a platforming video game developed by Activision and released in 1983 for Atari 2600. In the game the player plays as Frostbite Bailey and must help him build an igloo before night falls and the temperature drops. The player does this by jumping between blocks of moving ice floes. Touching ice floes adds blocks to the igloo, but there are enemy characters that wish to hurt you by knocking you into the water.
- Bears Are Bad News: In this case, polar bears. Starting on level 4 a polar bear prowls the shore of the water.
- Endless Game: The game only ends when you lose all of your lives.
- In-Universe Game Clock: The game's stages are broken up into two halves, one taking place during the day, and another taking place at night.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Naturally since the game takes place in an icy environment and is about trying to build igloos while avoiding arctic creatures.
- Video-Game Lives: The player loses a life if anything knocks them into the water, or if the 45 second timer reaches zero.