"It all began with a phone call."
One day, a random Mugenite was bored and lacked ideas for creative videos. Then a friend of his linked him to a friend who's doing a M.U.G.E.N
series. Inspiration struck and he made one himself. HvH MUGEN was born.
HvH (It's suppose to mean something, but that is up to the viewer to know) is a MUGEN series created by solkenneth003 (aka sol003) that originally started out with the name New Age MUGEN, and acts as a crossover between Melty Blood
with his Original Characters
as the focus, it has since then expanded to have six chapters (with an additional Perspective Flip
chapter), which also caused New Age MUGEN to eventually enter Canon Discontinuity
. It's currently on it's 5th Chapter Run, with the plot being written by malice600
The series focuses on different themes with each chapter and always contains different protagonists, allowing for different focus each time.
The current list of chapters:
Can be viewed here.
The rest is seen here
It's done with collaboration with his Childhood Friend
A few notable friends who help him include FateofTime
(now DT Koichi), Rever900
He also has help from DevilRaptorB
(They are also doing their own series which can be found here: 
). Also has a page here
Also has a site with some snippets of backstory regarding each characters here.Warning
: The series itself has a tendency to perform Plot Twists
so there's most likely spoilers when going through here.
HvH MUGEN provides some examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: VQM EP 15 has this happen to Reaverance as he attempts to discover what Maki is really doing.
- The Ace: Bounty Hunter's Guild has a crew of seven skilled individuals dubbed The Seven Ace Mercenaries of the Guild. Most of them has showed up by the time of DCM.
- A-Cup Angst / Petite Pride: Akiha and Sakuya... got along rather well.
Akiha: We share similar problems.
Sakuya: You wouldn't understand. I've had it harder compared to your sister.
- Action Girl: Any female character who can be in combat.
- Adaptational Badass: A few of characters not known for their fighting prowess turns rather badass in HvH. Makoto's combat skills are explained that she's been trained by Dante himself!
- Amasawa Ikumi went from an ordinary girl into one of the biggest badass of the entire series almost on par with Ishima Kaigen by the time of PHM. She receives alot of psychological issues though.
- Affably Evil: Kazami Yuuka shows signs of this. She's rather nice while talking about killing stuff.
- All-Loving Hero: Elena is the epitome of goodness and hope as shown by her actions in PHM EP 15.
- All There in the Manual: The backstory for The Faction is this. Most of them can be found in sol003's site.
- Aloof Ally: Max has shades of this early on.
- Alternate Dimension: Parallel Dimension 008 from VQM.
- Alternate Universe: Satuzinki is apparently from one of these, being an alternate Sakuya who accepted Remilia's offer to become a vampire and is traveling through dimensions to avenge her mistress and has gone quite Ax-Crazy through the centuries.
- Revealed in DCM, there's two main 'verses. TERA-A, where the main story takes place, and GAIA-A, where some of the more recent characters are from. Both TERA and GAIA are sol003 and malice600's 'verse respectively, with the originals being TERA-0 and GAIA-0
- Yggdrasil (A world, not the Norse Mythology version), which is in another universe called GAIA-A, is said to be the world where the real Maki Kuronami came from.
- Altum Videtur: Viper is rather fond of breaking into Latin.
- Anti-Hero: A couple of characters are Type II. Type II Is seem to be cropping up lately though.
- Anti-Villain: Vega acts as one as revealed at the end of EDM.
- As Long as There Is Evil: The Kamishura is empowered by this.
"I am an entity of chaos... I cannot be destroyed. As long as a single human in this universe desires evil... I will live! You cannot destroy me!"
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The Queen employs this trope as she proceeds to curbstomp everything in the vicinity of the Village of Isda. Unfortunately she is currently out of action due to overdoing things just a bit.
- Badass: Gilgamesh, Ikumi, Makoto, Max, Nanaya, Saber, Sol, Shiki, Viper and Youmu to list a few.
- Badass Normal: Kung Fu Man is undeniably the ultimate badass normal. In a world filled with guys who has supernatural abilities and the like, he's the only one who fights with sheer fighting abilities alone. He's also the world's greatest martial artist.
- Badass Crew: Rebellion's Heart becomes one by the end of EDM.
- Badass Grandpa: And a general too!
Giano: Alright then... If you want to play with gramps, gramps will play.
- Bad Moon Rising: The Crimson Moon in NAM. It heavily amplifies any vampire's ability. (not counting TATARI)
- Berserk Button: Max and his hat are very close. Don't mess with it. Or die trying.
- Agito doesn't like being called a shabazo. He becomes rather dangerous if you do call him that.
- The fastest way to bring down the wrath of Melira is to hurt or try to kill Yukari. Considering she's one of the few true goddesses of the HvH MUGEN universe, pissing her off like this is very much a Bad Move.
- Big Bad
- EDM features Vega.
- AFM features Vega's former ally, Zao Mai/Zaiko Matsuri. and before the end, Orochi takes Zaiko's position and becomes the final boss.
- VQM has Roreto Naia, who it's revealed is working for Nyarlathotep, who is probably working for ∞ (Infinity).
- PHM originally started with Yumeka presented as an antagonist in the first half. Then Madotsuki, before settling with the Kamishura.
- NAM has Viper Delacroix, though it's revealed at the end it's actually ∞ (Infinity) who's the Big Bad
- Big Damn Heroes: A common event. One prominent moment is when Shiki helps Max and Saber fend off the Living Armor, with heroic music playing and all.
- Maki pulls one at VQM EP 20. To an Eldritch Abomination.
- Subverted with PHM EP 15 when Herashi attempted to help Elena but instead got chewed on for getting in her way.
- Bigger Bad: Nyarlathotep fulfills this role as she's the one responsible for majority of the events and even the destruction of her own world.
- Though, it can be argued that since she worked with ∞, it can be said that he's the true Bigger Bad
- Big Good: Yakumo Yukari is one. She only cares about making sure peace and order comes to Gensokyo. Her methods tend to not be good though. The only reason she's treated as a Big Good is because she's the one leading the good guys.
- Bilingual Bonus: Several. From Viper's Latin, to Ruby Heart's French and to the Village of Isda's Tagalog.
- Isda also means fish in Tagalog. Basically, Village of Fish.
- A portion of a conversation between Elena and Viper in PHM was entirely in Latin.
- Bittersweet Ending:
- AFM. Rebellion's Heart managed to defeat Orochi, preventing The End of the World as We Know It but Chris and Kaigen end up trapped in Hell. Afterwards, Rebellion's Heart is disbanded and Ikumi gains Survivor Guilt.
- The same happens in PHM wherein Madotsuki dies, but this time, without regrets, stopping it from going into full-blown Downer Ending.
- Bishounen Line: Sort of. After Queen Nila's One-Winged Angel form was defeated, Nyarlathotep possesses her.
- Black Cloak: Reaverance sports one. It's still remained to be seen if he's actually evil or not.
- BloodMagic/BloodyMurder: Ikumi specializes in this.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The ending for AFM. It ends with Kaigen locked in Hell with... well, demons.
- Book Ends: The 2nd season of VQM started with Maki lost in a desert, and ends with Max lost in a forest.
- The Bus Came Back: It took three chapters, but Ryougi finally shows herself in PHM EP 2.
- Similarly with Ein in the same episode, after being absent for a whole chapter.
- Butt Monkey: Yamazaki Agito. This transcends to even his Resident Evil 3 Let's Play, where the zombies are given voices, Agito is almost always the first one to get shot.
- Gilgamesh is also showing signs of this. But he's slowly growing out of it ever since VQM.
- Call Back: PHM is one gigantic call back to the previous three chapters. Ranging from having cameos of characters that are dead, to the usage of throwaway scenes from earlier chapters.
- The Cameo: Nezayu Herashi and Yamazaki Rojin both created by HerashiNanaya444/GrinnRhipper and angeldagdag respectively.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Played straight. As the chapter progresses, things get progressively darker.
- Character Focus: Amasawa Ikumi has the most amount of screentime in the entire series so far.
- Averted by the time of DCM, she hasn't showed up for a while now.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Anyone from Kaio that comes to our world has this. In their respective world, they're just regular Badass Normal.
- Chase Scene: AFM EP 25. Lampshaded in the title of the episode.
- Chess Motifs: The strongest chess piece is The Queen. In VQM, Queen Nila demonstrates just how powerful she is. Even Gill is afraid of her.
- Combination Attack: With the appearance of Summon Programs, this has become possible for Max and Viper. Max's assist is Maki Kuronami, his opposite-sex alternate self, while Viper's assist is Lady Giselle Delacroix, his deceased sister.
- Crapsack World: According to Max and Elena, this is what Kaio is, a world always riddled with war.
- Cluster G-Bomb
Maki: Sheesh, I really should've brought pants instead of a goddamn skirt. That goddamn vendor suggesting a goddamn shitty attire... Argh, goddamnit!
- Taken Up to Eleven in PHM, where the real Maki is shown to swear quite a lot that Symbol Swearing was required.
: It was nice meeting you, male me
Max: Yeah. Not quite as bad as I thought it'll be. Tone down the swearin' though.
Maki: Ah, shut up. I'll swear how much I want.
- Continuity Nod: Shiki graduates at the end of AFM considering it's been two years since Tsukihime occurred. Each game of Touhou also happens, albeit much faster. (The only exception would be Phantasmagoria of Flower View, which happened between AFM and VQM.)
- Cool Car: Chris apparently owns one.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Happens a lot to poor Agito.
- One occurs at VQM EP 20. Not played for laughs.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Viper Delacroix is one of the most competent enemy in the entire series.
- Dare to Be Badass: EDM EP 1 has Chris ask Shiki to lend a hand in a tournament. He accepts.
- Dark Is Not Evil: During Maki's childhood she was given a portion of the Kamishura's power, which allowed her to see spirits and use a magic that allows her to Teleport Spam. Despite that, she's still a mostly good person at heart.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sol turns into one with Shiki and Jin, there's also Deadpan Snarker incarnate, Max Reco
Max Reco: Uh, no. I'm just a jerkass.
- Demoted to Extra: Arcueid of all people got struck by this. She's barely featured in EDM and in AFM, she's not even considered a major character! Thankfully, by the time VQM rolls around, she becomes a major character again.
- Dr. Wily got Demoted to Extra in AFM. By that point, he's no longer in any fight.
- Did You Just Punch Out Nyarlathotep?: Yukari single-handedly defeats former friend, Nyarlathotep in VQM EP 1.
- And as of VQM EP 20, Sol and Dante have joined the ranks.
- It's eventually revealed in VQM EP 22 that all her defeats so far are nothing permanent, since she cannot die as long as she uses a mask to take form. She also always becomes stronger after each death.
- To an extent this was what happened in PHM when Remilia alongside Yumeka, defeated Walpurgisnacht.
- Divine Ranks: It's been cropping up lately with the emergence of the more powerful characters. They're categorized by the Greek Alphabet, with the weakest being Alpha-class and the strongest being Omega-class. Then above all of them are the Origin Concepts
- Doomed Moral Victor: Queen Nila can be considered one, since she only fought to protect her people. Except she's fighting against the 'good guys'
- Doppelgänger: VQM EP 14 has Youmu's group fight some.
- Driving Question: Who's the mysterious person that killed Melira and Zaiko? As of the present, it's still not revealed.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Chris got hit by one at the end of AFM. Kaigen did so too, but it was more of a Stupid Sacrifice.
- Eldritch Abomination: ∞ is heavily implied to be something like this. There's also Nyarlathotep herself.
- Emotionless Girl: Ein is a notable example.
- Empathic Weapon: Viper's Obsidian Nightmare (his black sword) was revealed to be one housing the spirit of his sister, Giselle.
- The Empress: A possible future for the real Maki Kuronami.
- Enemy Mine: Max and Viper join forces near the end of NAM in order to battle the true form of Orochi.
- Establishing Character Moment: Several.
- In EDM EP 2, Makoto introduces herself by jumping from top of a building to confront Shiki. Alot like what Dante frequenly does in Devil May Cry, Foreshadowing Dante being Makoto's teacher.
- In AFM EP 11, Hisei demonstrates his Jerkass tendencies and bluntly shows he has a minor case of Medium Awareness
- In AFM EP 16, Ikumi starts to show her leadership skills and her hidden feelings for Chris. The episode ended with her finally becoming the leader of Rebellion's Heart.
- In VQM EP 9, Viper makes his appearance by wiping out an entire gang. Establishing that he's a ruthless warrior. (Averted in EP 11 where it's revealed that he didn't kill anyone, showing that he's still ruthless, but merciful.
- In VQM EP 11, Melira manifests a portion of herself on Earth (complete with Dramatic Thunder), before declaring her desire to see humanity's potential.
- Expendable Clone: Majority of the later battles in PHM are against memories of previous opponents.
- Expy: sol003 himself said that all his characters are based on a couple of characters in Wild Arms.
- False Friend: Zao Mai. The Reveal episode is even called Traitor of Humanity to hammer this point home.
- Five-Man Band: Rebellion's Heart
- Flanderization: To an extent, Max's Jerkass status can be considered as one, since he wasn't much of a Jerkass in NAM.
- Giggling Villain: Not actually a villain, but Melira tends to giggle randomly.
Melira: Fufu... hahaha...
- Genki Girl: Sawatari Makoto. She livens up Rebellion's Heart nicely.
- Gender Bender: It's heavily implied in VQM EP 19-20 that Maki is actually Max, who turned into a girl thanks to the thing he drank at EP 8.
- Turns out there's a real Maki Kuronami, but in an alternate universe.
: Geez. I think I'm about to see how others see me. In fanservice
form no less!
- Genre Savvy: Max is a full-blown professional. Shiki and Sol are starting to show signs of this too.
- Ghost Amnesia: Madotsuki has one, she forgot the details of what happened during her last moments and didn't even realize she was Dead All Along
- Grey and Gray Morality: Most of the antagonists shown are not pure evil. Not counting Zaiko, most have valid reasons for what they're doing. Vega wants to rule the world to unite it and bring equality. Orochi hates mankind for being a threat to Gaia, Mother Nature. The good guys themselves are not any nicer either. [[spoilers: Subverted for VQM and PHM. It's the conflict that's Grey and Gray, but the main antagonist is only having fun and completely evil respectively.]]
- VQM slowly turned into this after EP 20.
- Gunpoint Banter: Makoto, and Ein usually pulls this off.
- The Gunslinger: Bloodia is the best gunslinger in the entire series, followed closely by Makoto and Dante.
- Hero Killer: In EDM, The Phantom of Inferno is this. In an April Fool's special, she does exactly that.
- In VQM, The Queen is revealed to be one.
- Heroic BSOD: Ikumi suffered this after Chris becomes possessed by Orochi. Cue her going absolutely batshit crazy.
- Heroic Second Wind: Happens during EP 7 of NAM.
- Hidden Depths: VQM EP 18 shows a completely different side of Viper with his interactions with Maki.
- Honor Before Reason: Ishima Kaigen follows this belief. This is also what caused her Stupid Sacrifice in Hell at the end of AFM.
- As of PHM, it is shown that the Guildmaster is following this belief.
- Humanoid Abomination: Nyarlathotep appears as a woman in a revealing nun's outfit carrying a massive blade.
- Queen Nila can turn into one according to VQM EP 14.
- I Need You Stronger: A common excuse used by enemies during VQM as to why they let the good guys go.
- Interface Screw: The upside-down world Reisen and Max land on in PHM Episode 9. It's totally normal.
- Immune to Fate: According to Melira, this is one of Max's in-born traits. The consequence seems to be his massive bad luck.
Max: I hate my luck.
- Jerk Ass: Max is generally considered one. But it's taken Up to Eleven once he Genderswaps into Maki.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sol is shown to have one for Makoto. Max is generally nicer against the ladies.
- Just a Kid: Don't call Makoto a kid.
- Just Toying with Them: During PHM EP 12. Melira managed to trump herself by limiting her power from 80% to 98%. And she still managed to give Herashi a hard time.
- Kill Sat: Perfecti apparently has one. Recently, it was rendered useless by Yukari deploying a massive barrier across Japan, preventing further attacks.
- Knife Nut: Yume Nikki protagonist, Madotsuki shows up with her trademark Knife effect, fulfilling this trope.
- Last Name Basis: Japanese characters tend to go by this. Any non-Japanese characters go by First Name Basis instead.
- Certain exceptions tend to pass like Zaiko Matsuri and Maki Kuronami, most likely because they're not Japanese in the first place.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "Skip Cutscene?"
- Lethal Joke Character: VQM EP 10 proves what happens when the two Butt Monkeys of HvH join forces. While competent though, they're still Butt Monkeys
- Agito by himself counts if you call him a shabazo. He effortlessly takes down Zaiko! Complete with RETALIATION.
- Leitmotif: Any major character tends to get their own theme. Some tends to use their original theme from their original series. Others get entirely new ones. Some examples include:
- Like Brother and Sister: Max consider his relationship with Maki as this and Fire-Forged Friends. Justified, since he's already engaged to Elena.
Maki: Welp, is this considered a date then?
Max: Bullshit. I think this is more like a sibling-like relationship.
- Living Relic: According to NAMA, Yukari and Melira are the last of their kind, being from a powerful race called Divine Beings.
- Possibly rectonned. There's now a bunch of new Divinities showing up.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: A crapload. This, being MUGEN, is to be expected. Then there's the Original Characters
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Wily still hasn't lost his touch. Though he did have a few changes.
- Miko: Hakurei Reimu. There's also Kochiya Sanae.
- Mind Screw: Word of God says this will be the basic premise of PHM.
- Multi-Mook Melee: Happens frequently. Usually with Agito's gang backing him up.
- My God, What Have I Done?: This is Kung Fu Man's reaction at the massacre on VQM EP 20.
- Mysterious Backer: Melira can be considered one during NAM.
- Roreto Naia fulfills a role like this. She's neutral to the conflict but offers insight to a chosen few. But it's likely that she has goals of her own.
- Name's the Same: Yamazaki, say hi to Yamazaki and Yamazaki.
- A Nazi by Any Other Name: The Shimmering Dawn from DCM, composed of the bad guys from Akatsuki Blitzkampf.
- Noble Demon: Viper Delacroix. Bonus points for being an actual demon (although half) too.
- No Body Left Behind: After Queen Nila's massacre in the Village of Isda, Roreto Naia tells Kung Fu Man that there are no corpses left behind.
- No Name Given: Kung Fu Man is never referred to by any name. Not even by "Kung Fu Man"
- Bloodia never reveals her name. She's refers to herself as Codename: Bloodia
- Following the theory that Madotsuki is not Madotsuki's true name, her name is never revealed. The same goes for Poniko.
- No Periods, Period: In VQM EP 15, Maki had her period while staying in an inn.
: ...SHIT! I'm bleeding in my @*$&!
- Noodle Incident: In VQM EP 15, Nanaya said they pulled an Indy Escape from a black hole.
- Once a Season
- One Steve Limit: Sorta. There's three Maki Kuronamis. The original, the temporary Max Reco genderswap and the Summon Program
- One-Winged Angel: Queen Nila in VQM EP 20.
- Out of Focus: A sort of gag in the series is the tendency to focus on the supporting cast instead of the protagonist. The tendency to focus on the protagonist is proportional to how close the chapter is to the beginning and the end.
- A major problem during VQM. By the last 5 episodes, half of the cast barely talked.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: Several characters has at least one.
: *to Nrvnqsr
* What the hell? A cannibal? Eat my sword then!
Ein: All hope is lost amidst disaster. How would you like to be eliminated?
Kaigen: It's you and me now... Amasawa Ikumi. How powerful did you get... After insanity has taken claim of your mind?
Mokou: Will it really matter, when I'll just be burning down everything in my path?
Satuzinki: Let me... taste your blood. Hahaha...
: Oh well. Another corpse is another corpse. Let's party
: Words of a 'trespasser', filled with lies and deceit... That's what you all say. I won't reason with you. Speak the truth with your weapons!
Queen Nila: For your crimes in my world...you shall suffer a fate worse than death.
: Hope you're prepared then, 'cuz I'm gonna send you straight back to hell, you immortal shitbag!
- Precision F-Strike: Despite everyone constantly swearing. The F-word is rarely dropped except near the end of a chapter.
Chris: *In response to seeing BUTA* You gotta be FUCKING kidding me!
Chris: *In response to Max turning his sword into a rifle* FUCK! Is that a rifle?!
Henri: *In response to losing the war* Fuck, I can't let it end like this...
Remilia: I will kill you... I will FUCKING kill you...!!!
- Put on a Bus: Ryougi Shiki early on in Eve's Duet, following the 2nd chapter of Kara no Kyoukai. Oddly enough, she's been featured in both the opening and credits in all three chapters but never made an appearance yet. Foreshadowing?
- Tohno Shiki is placed on one after a fatal attack from Testament.
- Max has been missing since VQM EP 8. He makes a return at the end of VQM EP 20.
- At around VQM EP 18, Youmu's group went missing due to a storm that also caused Maki to separate from them, ending up on the western continent, dying.
- Really 700 Years Old: Anyone that's not human is at least a couple of centuries old. Special mention goes to Melira. Who's really 500,000 years old.
- Reality Warper: Yakumo Yukari, Nyarlathotep, Shinki, Orochi, Melira or anyone in general who's at least god-like.
- In the mysterious Dream World, Madotsuki and Yumeka are this.
- Red Baron: Each character has one in their character list. Some are their original nickname. Others are exclusive in HvH. Examples include: The Blue-eyed Azure Knight (Max Reco), The Immoral Flame (Sol Badguy), The Demon God (Viper Delacroix), The Crimson Meteor (Chris), The Eighth Cloud at the Edge of the Inverted Rainbow (Yakumo Yukari).
- The Rival: Viper is one of these to Max.
- VQM presents rivals for some of the main characters.
- Mai and Sakuya for Youmu
- Ikumi for Akiha
- Dante for Sol
- Sad Battle Music:
- Sanity Slippage: Ikumi thinks she's starting to suffer from one after her Freak Out that nearly killed Akiha.
- Madotsuki slowly goes off the deep end as PHM progresses.
- Shown Their Work: HvH is decent at staying true to the canon of non-original characters. Though, there are some exemptions.
- Sir Swears Alot: Maki Kuronami and to an extent, her Summon Program copy.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Ikumi is starting to become one starting from AFM.
- The Stoic: Kawasumi Mai, Kung Fu Man and Hisui
- Story-Breaker Power: The Melty Blood cast and the Touhou cast can single-handedly break the entire series without trying. They're either nerfed or their enemies are generally stronger.
- Melira. She's already powerful enough when she's using only 20% of her full power. VQM finally demonstrates just how godlike she is once she gets serious...
- Upto Eleven, Melira is apparently not close to being freakishly powerful. Goddess Meiyrranvhell is far more powerful than her, that even if Melira's full power is multiplied by 100, it barely reaches Meiyrranvhell's.
- Summon Magic: Summon Programs, which are similar to Summon Stones in usage. Except it's a requirement that the one being summoned is dead. Somehow, Maki is exempted from that rule, as Melira managed to create a Summon Program from the time she spent with Max.
- Superpowered Evil Side: The characters who can enter Inversion Impulse in Melty Blood would count. Then there's Chris in Flames of Destiny mode and Amasawa Ikumi's Genocide mode.
- In VQM, Rumia goes EX.
- At some point in PHM, Max and Shiki encounter their own evil sides.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Max's sword, The SS003_SW.
- Symbiotic Possession: Melira seems to be possessed by her grandfather, Deus.
- That's an Order: A trademark of Ishima Kaigen. After Ikumi becomes the leader of Rebellion's Heart, she starts pulling this off too.
Kaigen: Roger. Stay alive, no matter what. That's an order!
- Talking Is a Free Action: Mostly averted. Though a few moments do pop up.
- Third-Person Person: Sawatari Makoto. She drops it near the end of EDM.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Whenever someone's Leitmotif plays, that generally means it's time for an asskicking.
- There Was a Door: AFM EP 21. Rojin breaks the door on the apartment where Rebellion's Heart was staying. Hilarity Ensues
- Title Drop
- Took a Level in Badass: Gilgamesh no longer screws around by the time of VQM.
- He took another one in VQM EP 19, where he leads The Imperial alongside Gill.
- Another happened during PHM where he begins wearing his armor.
- Tournament Arc: The entirety of Eve's Duet is this. Of course, it's Not Just a Tournament
- Ultimate Evil: ∞ is considered as one. The Queen from VQM is also treated as one by the good guys.
- The Kamishura is considered one, being called the Devil on multiple occasions..
- Ultimate Life Form: Divine Beings are treated like these.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: The storyline is pretty decent for a MUGEN series, but the fights are usually the highlight.
- The Unpronounceable: Goddess Meiyrranvhell, the Goddess of Yggdrasil. Apparently, there's multiple ways to say her name.
Maki: Actually, it's pronounced "Maribel". At least, that's how I always said Meiyrranvhell. Others say it differently as well. I've heart some "Meiranvell", "Meiyavel", "Mearyavan", "Maerilven", and even "Merry Bell". It's the first time I've heard "Mariaven".
- Villain Protagonist: Viper Delacroix in NAMA.
- Walking the Earth: Majority of the cast in VQM pulls this off.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The Faction has disappeared entirely from the plot after AFM EP 25.
- They got one last reference from Shiki at the end of AFM, but that's it. They haven't appeared since then.
- White and Grey Morality: To an extent, VQM is almost like this, compared to the rest of the chapters.
- To elaborate, Yukari sends people to the Parallel Dimension 008 to help bring back those that were lost in said dimension. Within said dimension, there's The Imperial, which are people from our world that looked evil at the start but are actually looking for a way to get out of the Alternate Dimension. Next, there's Kung Fu Man's group which, while finding information about Roreto Naia, are actively lending a hand to those in need, even if they're from the Parallel Dimension and they'll fight The Imperial if they have to. Then there's The Queen(Nila), who only protects her subjects from 'trespassers'. Though for unknown reasons, she's also trying to bring The End of This Dimension As Know It.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Ein is a really bad assassin.
- Willing Channeler: Nyarlathotep's hosts Nila and Naia allow themselves to be possessed by her, to give her physical form.
- Wistful Amnesia: When Melira 'created' the Summon Program version of Maki Kuronami , she has removed some details of her past, which is somehow important to prevent the real Maki Kuronami from causing a paradox.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: VQM EP 16 Ikumi finally lets go of her guilt and defeats her own Id to contain her own insanity, which was preceded by one of these.
Ikumi: After all this time... I've realized it now. My sanity was slipping because I held myself back. I let my guilt hamper my judgment. My guilt for letting him die in Hell itself. He had no regrets... So should I! I will let you know! Today, I will no longer let my desires get the better of me! Revenge, Hatred, Regret, Guilt, all of them are things of the past! The past shall remain in the past... forever! Now, I walk to the future, and you are the one in my way. Prepare yourself. I shall show you just what I'm truly capable of once my burdens are released. No more running away... Today... All the sins of the past... will be FORGIVEN!!!!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ciel, Ikumi, Max, Remilia and Maki.
"And about damn fucking time you finished this. Now go make another one!" -malice600