Hello TV Tropes! I am a huge fan <3. If I could marry an Anthropomorphic Personification
, I would marry TV Tropes. I used to edit here a lot way back before you had to get known to use the wiki, which is why I have so few edits under my belt with this handle. No, I'm not writing this in third person, partly because I prefer to use The All-Concealing I
but mostly just because it would be a hassle to make work with this particular text.
You can find me on Stumbleupon
most of the time, or you can email me at my gmail
account (booleanearth). Most of my time here is spent adding examples to existing pages, organizing and alphabetizing
, or fixing other people's wiki-markup and spelling/grammar mistakes.
My name, for those wondering, expresses the basic concept of reality that most of society (Buddhists, scientists, and several others excepted) takes for granted: everything is either true or false. It is or it isn't. This is the basis of axiomatic logic (at least up until Einstein and Godel). It is the most fundamental dichotomy of our culture, although whether it is actually accurate is a matter of opinion
. I chose that for my handle because my last one was stupid, so I wanted it to express an idea rather than just be my name followed by numbers or some variation of "Fan Of X." I chose that idea specifically for the euphony
of the phrase I created.
Due to being banned from the forums by The Fast One for silly reasons and also general disagreement with the direction the site is going, this troper has more or less left for greener pastures. I hope one day I might be permitted to return, but until then I can be found on Twitter or Goodreads.
open/close all folders
Tropes I or my life provide an example of
- Chaotic Good
- The Confidant: For friends.
- Deadpan Snarker
- A Deist
- DistinctiveAppearance: I dye my hair various colours, wear hats, and carry a pocket-watch.
- Ditzy Genius or Genius Ditz: I'm ambivalent about whether I'm more of an intellectual or a dork. Needless to say, I'm both.
- Dogged Nice Guy: I've been this once or twice, but I try not to be because some people find it creepy.
- Dreadful Musician: I can sort of sing, but I generally have no musical talent.
- Friend to All Living Things - I've not seen you hate on anyone. - Your secret lover (apparently)
- Fool for Love: I am very affectionate and devoted.
- For Happiness: My general philosophy.
- I Just Want to Be Loved
- The Insomniac
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Meta Girl
- Moe - You sort of have that vibe. - Haldo
- Ms Imagination
- Multidisciplinary Scientist: I consider myself well-rounded, knowing a little bit about everything. On the downside, this means I have no expertise in basically anything.
- Neat Freak
- Nice Jewish Boy: How I was raised.
- Ordinary High-School Student: For now...
- The Philosopher
- Pungeon Master
- The Quiet One
- Rebellious Spirit: A bit.
- Reclusive Artist
- Satellite Character: I tend to this with Love Interests.
- Serial Tweaker: If you look at my edit history, you'll see a lot of the same page four or five times in a row.
- Socially-Awkward Hero
- Squishy Wizard: Whenever I play a Role-Playing Game.
- The Storyteller: I'm a writer, so you know how it is.
- Super OCD: Not this, but the boring Real Life version.
- Vigilante Taxonomist
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Due to recent illness, I've become this to a lot of people.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Oddly, I've grown more innocent and more optimistic as I've gotten older. I used to be The Cynic but no longer.
Tropes I am quite fond of
Works and people I love (by no means a complete list)
- Ace Of Cakes
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Batman: The Animated Series: Truly an amazing show.
- The Big Sleep: both the Raymond Chandler novel and the film with Humphrey Bogart
- The Birds
- Blade Runner
- Bujingai: The Forsaken City: I don't really play a lot of video games, but I love things with their own unique mythos and visual style. Love or hate the gameplay and storyline, this is a bloody beautiful game.
- Christopher Nolan: Following, Memento, The Dark Knight, and especially Inception were all amazing.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still: The original, not the terrible Keanu Reeves remake.
- Doctor Who: "My doctor" (as everyone has one who is their representation of him forever) is David Tennant and my favourite companion is Martha.
- Donnie Darko
- The Edge Chronicles
- Garth Nix and his works.
- G. K. Chesterton
- Good Eats
- Hilari Bell and her works.
- Homestuck: The greatest thing ever.
- House: Actually, I hate the show more with every new episode, but I still watch religiously....don't judge me!
- Invader Zim
- Invisible Monsters: Chuck Palahniuk is basically always gross, but this is either the best or the worst thing I've ever read. I can't decide.
- The Jungle
- Kat Dennings
- The Lost Room: This one fell through the cracks of history, but it's still pretty great.
- Mean Girls
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Yes it's great and no I'm not ashamed. Before you ask: my favourite ponies are Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.
- Neil Gaiman and everything he's ever done
- OK Go: Even more than the music (which is still pretty good!), the band itself is just full of brilliant, funny, creative, sexy people.
- Old Boy
- Most of the novels of Philip K. Dick (notably excluding A Scanner Darkly, which is terrible)
- The Princess Bride
- Samurai Jack
- Saul Rubinek
- Scrubs: Let's not talk about the last season.
- Shining Force: I loved playing the original Shining Force as a kid, and later rediscovered Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD.
- Sita Sings the Blues
- Shinjuku Incident: Maybe not love per se, but I like it enough that I made a page for it!
- Songs To Wear Pants To
- Soylent Green: I'm seemingly the only one who loved this movie. It is so much more than its infamous ending.
- Tales of the Otori
- That '70s Show
- They Might Be Giants
- The Trotsky
- Things Of Interest: I adore Sam Hughes.
- This Is Spinal Tap
- TV Tropes
- Twin Peaks: The owls are not what they seem...
- Warehouse 13: Artie/Claudia OTP!
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union
Pages I've launched or heavily revamped
If you have something to say to or about me, or just feel like performing an act of Internet graffiti, you can put it here.