open/close all folders
The mane cast as a whole has examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass / Adaptational Villainy: All of the characters are pretty nasty compared to the original series. Some can be just plain jerkasses, while others can be portrayed as outright villains.
- Dwindling Party: The mane cast gets gradually smaller as the shorts progress. By "PARTY.MOV", Twilight is the only Element bearer still able to do anything—and by that time, she's too distraught to even try. This is undone due to Applejack causing a Cosmic Retcon.
- Informed Attribute: Assuming the bearers of the elements are the same as in the show's canon, most of the ponies count—Rarity is far from generous, Fluttershy is...not particularly kind, Pinkie Pie is revealed to be a very depressed pony, Twilight Sparkle epically fails at magic any time she tries anything, and there's hardly any display of loyalty from Rainbow Dash (though the one time she did show it, she did it big time).
- Jerkass: All of them, but especially Rarity. Ironically, Fluttershy still seems to be the nicest of the group, even when she turns out to be an Axe-Crazy psycho
- Heel–Face Turn: The ending of SWAG.MOV seems to point to at least most of them becoming better ponies, although Paco's Twitter states that Rarity is still abusing him.
- Kick the Dog: In "SWAG.MOV", when Applejack returns to Ponyville after her adventures in Equestria Prime and tries to tell her friends about how she saved the multiverse, they tell her nobody cares. Considering how Twilus told her what she's done was the most important thing anyone in existence has ever done, and that her own universe would have been forever destroyed by Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom if not for the Cosmic Retcon her absence caused, this is a hard blow.
- Lady Swearsalot: All of them except for Fluttershy, who, true to her nature in canon, never swears once. Not even after she snaps!
- Larynx Dissonance: Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy sound very male, the latter sounding like Fat Albert.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Each cast member represents one:
- Pride: Twilight Sparkle (boasts being a genius in "MAGIC.MOV")
- Envy: Pinkie Pie (Craves Attention)
- Wrath: Fluttershy (vengefully murders Rainbow Dash in "SHED.MOV")
- Sloth: Spike (loafs around and does drugs)
- Greed: Rarity (has dollar signs for a cutie mark)
- Gluttony: Applejack (has an insatiable appetite for apples)
- Lust: Rainbow Dash ("Suck my tit, bitch!")
- Vitriolic Best Buds: At the end of "SWAG.MOV", all six ponies give each other a warm Group Hug when they realize that, for the first time since "APPLE.MOV", they're all together.
Twilight "Sparkle" Mengele
"This is my favorite kind of magic!"The hero of PONY.MOV (or at least the closest we get to one). She's on a quest to find the Elements of Harmony to stop a rampaging god of chaos from destroying her home, being the only one of her friends who remotely cares. Also a mad scientist and practicioner of the dark arts. Voiced by Kira Buckland.
— "MAGIC.MOV", right before trying to resurrect Rainbow Dash
- Anti-Hero: She may be an arrogant Know-Nothing Know-It-All and go to extreme lengths to accomplish her goals (such as using black magic and ethically questionable science), but she really does try to save Ponyville, and is truly devastated when she fails.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: In "DRESS.MOV" when Twilight randomly starts...clopping.
- Broken Bird: In SWAG.MOV, she's so broken by the destruction of Ponyville that Rainbow Dash's sudden revival fails to catch her full attention.
- Despair Event Horizon: After Discord destroys Ponyville, Twilight laments her inability to save everyone and that her so-called friends did nothing to help.
- Furry Reminder: Twilight poops just like a real horse.
- Gone Horribly Right: She succeeds in making a robot duplicate of Rainbow Dash, but it goes on a murderous rampage.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Her resurrection spell for Rainbow Dash instead summons the demon Wolflor.
- Good Is Not Nice: She may be a bit of a jerk, but she does everything in her power to try to save Ponyville, and is truly devastated when she fails.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: She was devastated when she fails to save Ponyville.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: She claims to be a total genius, but does not know much about magic.
- Lady of Black Magic: Practices dark arts.
- Mad Scientist: An rare anti-heroic one.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Safe to assume that she's named after that German fellow.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Her attempts to resurrect/replace Rainbow Dash in the name of wielding the Elements of Harmony against Discord only add to Ponyville's destruction.
- Sanity Slippage: She becomes gradually unhinged throughout "MAGIC.MOV".
- Slasher Smile: Sports several of these in "MAGIC.MOV".
- Those Wacky Nazis: Her real last name is "Mengele", and she calls Rainbow Dash's defeat of Discord "wunderbar".
- Writer's Block: Twilight struggles to write a letter to Princess Celestia because she hasn't learned anything, so she screws it up and throws it in the trash, which is full of other balls of screwed up paper. Not that Princess Celestia is even alive at that point...
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Twilight's theories about resurrecting dead bodies are all from movies, and she doesn't understand why they don't work. It's because the body she tries resurrecting (i.e., Rainbow Dash) isn't dead.
Spike T. Dragonowitz
"Am I the only sane one in this crazy world of technicolor pony weirdos?!"Twilight's baby dragon assistant, who'd much rather crack jokes—and do crack—than be of any actual assistance. Ironically enough, his pothead tendencies may make him the most rational living being in Equestria, period. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Adaptational Jerkass: In the original series, Spike is a kindhearted baby dragon who cares about his friends. Here, he's an amoral stoner who does nothing but smoke weed and call others out for their stupidity and annoyance.
- Catch-Phrase: Whenever someone is injured or dead, Spike hovers over them and says, "Yo, [character name]... Y'alright?"
- Characterization Marches On: Spike slowly grows more cynical and frustrated with the weirdness surrounding him. And Max Gilardi's voice helps with this..
- Comically Missing the Point: When trying to recall what Fluttershy keeps telling everyone about her shed:Fluttershy: (in three consecutive flashbacks) Stay outta my shed!
Spike: I think she said we're always welcome in her shed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has a lot of snark at his disposal.
- Everyone Has Standards: He is horrified at Fluttershy turning Derpy into a toaster.
- Jerkass: Cements this with his reaction to Jappleack's return.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Has called out Twilight Sparkle for creating robots and creatures that would cause more problems than solve them.. He also has a point about saying "anybody" instead of "any pony"..
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Feels concern for Applejack when she eats too many apples. Also gets mortified when Fluttershy killed Derpy and turned her skin into a toaster cover.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: What the "T" in his name stands for is never revealed.
- Troll: He takes nothing seriously.
- Only Sane Man: Spike is an amoral stoner, but is by far one of the sanest characters in the series, often calling attention to how bizarre or stupid everyone else is.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He's the closest this series has to one, Jerkass tendencies aside; there's never a serious moment around this guy.
- Pungeon Master: In "MAGIC.MOV", Spike shows he is quite fond of making puns at every possible opportunity.
- The Stoner: He is usually seen holding a bong.
- Stoners Are Funny: He uses a bong.
- This Is Gonna Suck: When confronted by an insane Fluttershy:Spike: Well, we're fucked.
- Would Hit a Girl: He threatened to kill Applejack in "SWAG.MOV".
Applejack / Jappleack
"Boy, lemme tell ya, I sure do love apples."A pony who sure does love apples. And that's all there is to her. Unless you take Ask Jappleack into account, where she embarks on an (ahem) interesting journey. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Adaptational Jerkass / Adaptational Villainy: See-saws between these two tropes. While she's kind on the original show, here she's at best a showoff that likes to boast about herself and at worst, a bully who treats her younger sister like trash.
- Ambiguous Gender: Everyone on the show refers to her as a female, but her response to a Tumblr question asking if she's a boy or a girl is "I don't know".
- Badass Boast: Has a pretty epic one to counter Appelox's:Jappleack: He called himself "Glutton of the Void". I don't know where he got the balls to give himself that title, but gluttony is my territory.
- Balloon Belly: After eating tons of apples in "APPLE.MOV".
- Big Eater: If eating two barrelfulls of apples in "APPLE.MOV" isn't an example, I don't know what is. Also, biting off Appelox's head makes her the biggest eater in existence.
- Berserk Button:
- Don't call her crazy.
- Also, don't tell her that she can't eat all those apples.
- But Now I Must Go: Jappleack has to return to her home universe to prevent reality from tearing itself apart after she kills Appelox, leaving behind her new friends in the process.
- Character Development: Happens in Ask Jappleack. See Took a Level in Kindness.
- Chekhov's Skill: Pretty much everything she does in "APPLE.MOV" ends up being significant in Ask Jappleack. Her tripping out from eating so many apples? She's not tripping out, her consciousness is transported into the realm of a world-consuming Eldritch Abomination. Eating so many apples in the first place? Well what do you know, said abomination is made of apples...
- Cluster F-Bomb:
- When being asked on the "Ask Jappleack" blog that she can't eat all those apples.
- Also on "Ask Jappleack" when she is called "Applejack".
- Cool Big Sis: After she Took a Level in Kindness, the epilogue implies she's become this for Apple Bloom, even if she still calls her an ugly slut.
- Defiant to the End: Jappleack's defining character trait. Twilight Prime comments that her urge to rebel seems to be literally integrated into her DNA.
- Despair Event Horizon: After Apple Bloom dies.
- Determinator: Summed up nicely by Twilight Prime at the end of Ask Jappleack:Twilight Prime: She proved that whether you adhere to the laws of faith or of facts, it always boils down to the truth that no hurdle is too high for the sheer force of an indomitable spirit. She proved once and for all...that nopony can tell her what to do.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Jappleack eats Appelox, a Titan who feasts on pieces of the multiverse.
- Dissonant Serenity: Jappleack becomes calm and meditative after swearing to kill Appelox.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Even if the others don't appreciate it, she still becomes a better pony and saves the multiverse from Appelox. In the end, she gets her sister back (and likely Winona too) and she and her friends are on good terms again. She probably worked the hardest for all this.
- Establishing Character Moment: When Twilight sees her eating a whole bushel of apples:Twilight: Applejack, what're you doing? You can't eat all those fucking apples!
Applejack: Fuck you, I can't eat all these apples! (eats the whole bushel in under a minute)
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Subverted; witnessing Appelox's true form is supposed to have this effect, but if anything, it makes her even more determined to kill him.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Jappleack goes through this after Apple Bloom dies.
- Hero of Another Story: She misses most of the main storyline due to having her own adventure in Equestria Prime, and only returns after Discord's been defeated. However, because her actions instigate a Cosmic Retcon that allows Discord to be defeated, she's not entirely inconsequential.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her abuse, she's shown to genuinely love Apple Bloom and is heartbroken when she dies. Post-Character Development, she still insults her sister after she comes back to life, but now it's more playful than cruel.
- Letting Her Hair Down: She loses her ponytail and hat during her Heroic B.S.O.D..
- No Respect Guy: Her friends couldn't care less that she saved the multiverse. Thankfully, Apple Bloom couldn't care enough, to the point of wanting to hear the story four times.
- Other Me Annoys Me: With Applejack Prime at first.
- Pet the Dog: After being told to show her sister some affection for once, she...has her own way of doing it.Jappleack: Don't you leave me. Don't you ever dare fucking leave me.
Apple Bloom: Um... I...I love you too, sis?
- Rounded Character: Her experiences in Ask Jappleack transform her into one of the only characters in her world with any significant Character Depth.
- Shower of Angst: Jappleack takes one after losing her appetite for apples and eating a pear instead, culminating her Heroic B.S.O.D..
- Stranger in a Familiar Land: At the end of her journey, Applejack becomes the only pony in her world to understand love and friendship, and dedicates the rest of her life to teaching what she's learned to her friends. She's already had some success with Apple Bloom.
- Took a Level in Badass: Goes from being an abusive elder sister to volunteering to eat an Eldritch Abomination.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She starts out as a hateful Jerkass who abuses her little sister, and answers many of the questions on her Tumblr like any troll would. Once her sister dies and she discovers the values of love and tolerance from Applejack Prime, she becomes much more mature, loving, and considerate.I0itsmonica: What happened to you, Jappleack?
Jappleack: Meh, I dunno. I guess I just sort of...grew up.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apples, of course. It's deconstructed in Ask Jappleack when a user questions the point of growing apples, causing her to realize that she doesn't even know, and thus doesn't know her purpose in life.
- Toyed with again when she is transported to Equestria Prime and hates the apples there, since the composition of apples differs between her own universe and Equestria Prime.
- Troll: Pre-Character Development.
- Waking Up Elsewhere: After consuming enough apples, Jappleack ends up in the normal version of Equestria.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: Jappleack sometimes does this to Apple Bloom.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Not long after she realizes how much Apple Bloom means to her, Apple Bloom dies.
- Just as she discovers happiness in Equestria Prime, Appelox comes along and tries to destroy it. When she kills Appelox, she finds that her continued presence in Equestria Prime will tear all of reality asunder, forcing her to leave her new friends.
"Yeah, why don'tcha suck my tit, you dumb bitch? Hehehehe! Swag."An ass of a pony who gets a kick out of kicking others around. And swag. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Adaptational Villainy: In the original series, Rainbow Dash was a bit of a showoff, but at the same time, cared about her friends and stays loyal with them. Here, she's a bully who enjoys harming and humiliating others (i.e. Fluttershy). She does get better, though.
- Animal Gender-Bender: Rainbow Dash has masculine nipples.
- Ambiguously Gay: Has conjoined Venus symbols for her cutie mark. She's not shown crushing on anybody male or female, though.
- Anti-Hero: She may be a bully and all around abusive jerk, but she is the only one who stands up to save Ponyville from Discord, stating how disgusted she is at all the damage he's caused.
- Asshole Victim: In "SHED.MOV". Later Subverted in that she's Not Quite Dead.
- Back from the Dead: Subverted and averted; Twilight attempts to do resurrect her in "MAGIC.MOV", but to no effect. She only comes back in "SWAG.MOV", two episodes later, to which she reveals she was in a coma.
- Badass Boast: Nobody fucks with Rainbow Dash.
- Broken Angel: Loses her wings during her fight with Discord.
- Butch Lesbian: Her distinctly non-female voice and "conjoined Venus symbols" cutie mark (from "SHED.MOV" onwards) suggest this.
- Catch-Phrase: "Swag!"
- Cool Sword: Gets to wield the Sword of the Holy Titans, a gigantic magical sword that was one of the only things Twilight Prime even considered could work on Appelox, in the Grand Finale and uses it to behead Discord.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: After history resets itself, she manages to defeat Discord. By cutting his head off!
- Disney Death: After being supposedly killed by Fluttershy in SHED.MOV, she reveals she actually just in a coma in SWAG.MOV.
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference: She has her normal cutie mark in APPLE.MOV. In later installments, it's changed to a pair of conjoined Venus symbols.
- Heroic Build: As Dashzilla.
- Heroic Second Wind: After Discord rips off her wings, it seems she's beaten...then Scootaloo cheers for her from on top of a nearby building. She kicks Discord off and keeps fighting.
- Jerkass: At first. Then she is shown to be a...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: This is especially true when she tries to cheer up Twilight while the latter is distraught over the destruction of Ponyville, and when she ends up being the one to protect Ponyville and stop Discord. The ending implies she may have learned from her mistakes since she seems much nicer to her friends at that point.
- Karmic Death: Narrowly subverted. She's only brutally maimed by Fluttershy, a victim of her physical and mental abuse, so it still counts as Laser-Guided Karma.
- No One Should Survive That: She survives getting vertically chainsawed in half, and is let off by saying she was only in a coma.
- Not Quite Dead: Is killed with a chainsaw by Fluttershy in SHED.MOV and yet says she was in a coma in SWAG.MOV.
- Something Else Also Rises: In "SHED.MOV", Rainbow Dash looks at porn and gets a wingboner.
- Took a Level in Kindness: At the end of "SWAG.MOV", she risks her life (and loses her wings) to save Ponyville from Discord and is actually the one who initiates a Group Hug when she realizes the group is finally together again. Considering it seems Fluttershy never snapped in that timeline (judging by the lack of mutilated animals in her shed), she may have eased up on her as well.
Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie
"My daddy makes me put glass in my vagina."A pink party pony who gets a bit too off on parties. Best friends with Rainbow Dash. Voiced by Arin Hanson in her first appearance, and by Max Gilardi in all other appearances.
- Adaptational Jerkass: In the original series, she was a fun-loving party pony who loved to make other ponies smile. Here, she's a jerk who gets drunk and high and even helps Rainbow Dash harm and humiliate Fluttershy.
- Abusive Parents: Pinkie Pie says her dad makes her put broken glass in her vagina, and even publishes an autobiography about it. Subverted when her parents claim it's all lies, and she begrudgingly admits she made it all up because no one was paying attention to her.
- The Alcoholic:Pinkie: You guys aren't my friends! My only friend is 40 ounces of 190 proof straight vodka! *glug* *glug* *glug*
- Attention Whore: She lied to everyone saying her father made her put glass in her vagina, and it was all because she was seeking attention.
- Anything That Moves: She fucked a snail.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She is an alcoholic and obsessed with parties.
- Really Gets Around: Has made love to several people such as Big Mac.
- Vocal Evolution: She had a Eddy-like voice in "APPLE.MOV".
Flutters H. "Fluttershy" Shydale
"Hey hey hey! Stay outta my shed!"A shy and, for lack of a better word, troubled pony. Stay outta her shed. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Adaptational Villainy: In the original series, she's a nice and shy mare who cares for her friends, as well as wild animals. Here, she's an ax crazy lunatic who lives in a shed and kills ponies and animals.
- Affably Evil: She's a pretty nice gal when she's not, y'know, being a chainsaw-wielding psycho. To drive the point home, she's the only member of the Mane Cast who never swears.
- Ambiguous Gender: Her case file at the mental institution lists her gender as "undefined".
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Fluttershy's shed, before being fixed, had loads of blood, guts, dead and mutilated animals, Derpy's body-turned-into-toaster, and a bunch of porn magazines.
- Ax-Crazy: Though she eventually gets rehabilitated and doesn't seem to have snapped in the post reset timeline.
- Berserk Button: Stay out of her shed.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Will kill you if you enter her shed.
- Brain Food: Threatens to eat Rainbow Dash's brain in her Villain Song.
- Broken Bird: She's put up with a lot of shit from her "friends", particularly Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.
- Catch-Phrase: "Hey hey hey! Stay outta my shed!"
- Chainsaw Good: In SHED.MOV
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: Gets these in "SHED.MOV", and become a staple for her character.
- Disproportionate Retribution: If you don't stay out of her shed, there will be consequences. Very bloody consequences.
- Lipstick Lesbian: If the porn in her shed is any indicator.
- Mad Artist: Her shed's filled with the mutilated corpses of dead animals that are hung up on the walls.Pinkie: Wow, Fluttershy sure has a lot of weird art...
- Seems subverted after Rainbow Dash reset time, where it's completely absent when we see the interior, probably due to events (and Rainbow Dash) changing for the better. In fact, her shed appears to be just a private relaxation place.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: It is unknown what the "H" in her middle name stands for.
- Nightmare Face: "Just sit back, and relax, WHILE I EAT YOUR BRAINS!!"
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Her voice was based off of Fat Albert's voice.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: She murders Rainbow Dash in "SHED.MOV".
- Implied this may happen to Discord (well, his severed head, anyway) at the end of "SWAG.MOV" when his head lands right next to her shed, although her shed was already reformed and she only mildly annoyed says to him, "you're in my shed".
- Room Full of Crazy: Her shed has the bloody skeletons and furs of small animals strung up on the walls, a pile of bunny brains, a human skull floating in a bucket of blood, a toaster covered with Derpy's skin, and a stack of porn magazines in the corner.
- Shout-Out: Her voice is modeled after Fat Albert. Taken up a notch when she sings a variation of the theme song.
- Verbal Tic: "Hey, hey, hey!"
- Who's Laughing Now?: After Rainbow Dash goes into her shed.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Was bullied by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, and embarrassed at the Prom when she got splashed by Rainbow's period.
"Oh, I truly am the most beautiful creature in all of Equestria."A fashion pony who's generous in just about every wrong sense of the word. Runs a sweat shop driven by illegal Mexican immigrants. Voiced by Arin Hanson.
- Adaptational Villainy: In the original series, she was a kindhearted and generous mare who helps out her friends. Here, she's a racist who enslaves Mexicans and forces them to make dresses (and even badly hurts them when they complain).
- Animal Gender-Bender: Rarity, despite being a female equine, has man tits.
- Asshole Victim: In "DRESS.MOV", though she doesn't actually die.
- Art Evolution: She was much skinnier in her first appearance in "APPLE.MOV".
- Bad Boss: To her "family" of illegal Mexican immigrants.
- Bad Samaritan: She takes a number of undocumented immigrants under her wing...only to make them slaves in her sweatshop.
- Characterization Marches On: In her first appearance, she was neither fat nor racist. After that, all of that is thrown out the window.
- Death by Racism: Downplayed; she doesn't die, but Rarity gets quite a "generous beating" from the illegal Mexican immigrants whom she forces to make her dresses.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: Rarity breaks her routine of abusing her workforce to gaze at her reflection, calling herself "the most beautiful creature in all of Equestria".
- Fat Bastard: From "DRESS.MOV" onward.
- Gonk: She thinks she is beautiful, but in reality is really not.
- Jerkass: Taken to so many extreme levels in "DRESS.MOV".
- Not in the Face!: Rarity exclaims "Not my generous face!" upon receiving her generous beating.
- The Mean Brit: Has a British accent and abuses her employees.
- Pet the Dog: Is shown to be comforting Sweetie Belle when she is scared in "SWAG.MOV". She may be an evil sweatshop owner and force several dozen Mexicans into slavery, but hey, she at least cares about her sister.
- Put on a Bus: All but disappears from the story at the end of "DRESS.MOV" after her sweatshop workers stage a revolution. Returns in "SWAG.MOV".
- Visual Pun: Selfish, greedy Rarity constantly talks about how generous she is. There are only two generous things about her in this show: her obese figure, and the beating she gets when her Mexican workers start a "revolución".
- Vocal Evolution: She lacked the British accent she normally speaks with in "APPLE.MOV".
- Would Hurt a Child: In "DRESS.MOV" her response to Paco telling her about his aching hands is to break his fingers with telekinesis.
"I am your god now! Bring me your virgins!"The God of Chaos who returns from his stone imprisonment to lay waste to Ponyville. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: This Discord is much bigger, and more monstrous, than his show canon counterpart.
- Big Bad: Of PONY.MOV.
- Catchphrase: Any and all variations of the phrase "BRING ME YOUR VIRGINS!"
- Eldritch Abomination: However, he pretty much doesn't have his reality warping powers anymore. Not that he needs them...
- A God Am I: See the above quote.
- God of Evil: The God Of Chaos.
- The Heavy: The plot doesn't kick in until he starts his rampage in "DRESS.MOV".
- Jerkass Gods: Causes chaos, and vows to destroy Equestria.
- Kaiju: A huge god who destroys Ponyville.
- Kill All Humans: Wants to kill all ponies.
- Off with His Head!: Is beheaded by Rainbow Dash using the Sword of the Holy Titans. His apparently still living head lands in Fluttershy's shed in The Stinger.
- Physical God: Duh.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Or for that matter, Red and Black and Evil All Over.
- Would Hurt a Child: He had no problem with stepping on Apple Bloom.
"Oooh, no! Looks like hard times ahead for Pacooo!"One of over 30 illegal Mexican immigrants who work in Rarity's sweatshop against their will. Also has a Twitter account. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- Artificial Limbs: Once Tweeted that Twilight gave him robotic hands to replace his old ones.
- Break the Cutie: His Twitter emphasizes his sad life under "Meesus Rarity's" servitude."If I were a pony I believe my cutie mark would be broken dreams."
- Butt-Monkey: A number of terrible things happen to Paco for our amusement.
- Fingore: Rarity telekinetically breaks all his fingers when he complains how much they hurt after sewing so many dresses against his will. Considering he made a Twitter account and made Tweets over four-and-a-half months before getting his fingers fixed...
- Funetik Aksent: His Mexican accent seeps through on his Twitter by spelling all "i's" that have long "e" sounds with "ee". Case in point, "Meesus Rarity".
- Funny Foreigner: A lot of funny moments in the series come from him, and he is Mexican.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: "Oooh, no! Looks like (something) ahead for Pacooo!" He says it once in "DRESS.MOV", and several times in his Twitter.
- Made a Slave: Rarity forces him and a number of other Mexican people to make dresses for her.
- Major Injury Underreaction: He responds to getting all his fingers horrifically twisted and bent out of shape by uttering his Catch-Phrase.
- Stalker with a Crush: Sweetie Belle is this to him, if his Twitter is of any indication. She asks him to make out with her and later steals a lock of his hair while he's sleeping.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In "SWAG.MOV", he finds a penny face-up. Sure, he gets struck by a tidal wave of blood moments later, but he later tweets that he got to keep the penny."All's well that ends well! And I got a shiny new penny, to boot! Theengs are finally lookeeng up for Paco."
- Token Human: The only recurring human character.
"Look girls! I finally got my cutie mark!"Applejack's little sister who just can't wait for the happiest day of her life: the day she gets her cutie mark! Also appears in Ask Jappleack, which shows her less-than-healthy relationship with her sister. Voiced by Esther Nho.
— "SHED.MOV", moments before her death
- Back from the Dead: A Cosmic Retcon triggered when Jappleack kills Appelox makes it so Apple Bloom never died due to Rainbow Dash distracting Discord for a few moments, allowing her to escape.
- Break the Cutie: The sheer amount of abuse her sister puts her through in Ask Jappleack borders on "Dude, Not Funny!". Thankfully, Jappleack Took a Level in Kindness during her trip to the canon timeline and is now far nicer to her.
- Cerebus Retcon: Her death is Played for Laughs in PONY.MOV, but Played for Drama in Ask Jappleack.
- Famous Last Words: "Look girls, I finally got my Cutie Mark! I got my Cutie Mark, girls! Girls? Where y'all going?"
- Kill the Cutie: Though it's undone by a Cosmic Retcon.
- Morality Pet: Inverted, her absence humanizes and grounds Jappleack.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Thanks to the Cosmic Retcon caused by her sister, history is changed so that not only does she survive, she also gets to keep her cutie mark. On top of that, Jappleack returns from the canon universe a much nicer pony and has realized how much Apple Bloom means to her.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: She gets squished by Discord moments after earning her cutie mark.
Derpy HoovesA lovable, wall-eyed pony who gets brutally murdered by Fluttershy and turned into a decorative toaster cozy.
- Butt-Monkey: In addition to what already happened to her, she's the only named character who's death isn't undone by the Cosmic Retcon. She may never have been dead at all if her scene in "SWAG.MOV" is anything to go by.
- Companion Cube: She's one of Paco's best friends despite being a toaster cozy.
- Genuine Human Hide: Turned into a toaster cozy by Fluttershy.
- Killed Off for Real: Is notably the only named character who's death isn't undone by the Cosmic Retcon.
- Kill the Cutie: Killed by Fluttershy.
- Posthumous Character: Is dead, and appears as a toaster cozy with Paco or other characters.
- The Voiceless: Has no lines due to being dead before we first come across her.
The ruler of Equestria, who decides to take matters into her own hooves when Discord comes rampaging.
- Back from the Dead: Implied; the same Cosmic Retcon triggered by Applejack that prevents Apple Bloom's death also naturally prevents her own, since she dies after Apple Bloom and Discord's killed before she can try to fight him.
- Off with Her Head!: How she dies. Her head is cut off by Discord.
- Only Sane Woman: She's the first to actually try to do something about Discord. It doesn't work, but hey.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She at least tries to fight Discord.
- The Voiceless: Has no lines in the series. She only appears for just a few seconds, anyway.
The definition of "opposite intended result": a demon Twilight summons while trying to bring Rainbow Dash back from the dead so she can use the Elements of Harmony and stop Discord.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Along with Discord, he is a gigantic demon who destroys Ponyville.
- Eldritch Abomination: A demon.
- The Family That Slays Together: Ask Jappleack reveals he and Discord are brothers.
- Kaiju: See Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever.
- Kill All Humans: Like Discord, he wants to kill all ponies.
- Ret Gone: Due to time being reset to before he was summoned (and Rainbow Dash not dying, giving Twilight no reason to try the spell that did summoned him in the first place).
- The Voiceless: Does not say anything anytime he appears.
her death so they can use the Elements of Harmony. Voiced by Max Gilardi.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Turned against Twilight and causes even more destruction along with Discord and Wolflor.
- Ambiguous Gender: The R-Dash 5000 is modeled after the female (though she doesn't act like it) Rainbow Dash, but in the description for "PARTY.MOV" it's stated that s/he "learned to duplicate himself".
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag."
- Catch-Phrase: "Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag."
- Crush. Kill. Destroy!: Swag.
- Kill All Humans: Wants to crush, kill, destroy, and swag.
- Killer Robot: The fact that its catchphrase is "Crush, kill, destroy, swag," should tell you something.
- Replacement Goldfish: To Rainbow Dash.
- Ret Gone: Since time was reset to before its creation, thus negating the need for its creation by Rainbow Dash not dying, it no longer exists in the revised present.
- Robot Me: To Rainbow Dash.
- Self-Duplication: Somehow finds a way to duplicate itself.
- Trope 2000
- Turned Against Their Masters: Betrayed Twilight.
Ask Jappleack characters (SPOILERS)
"Faith, Jappleack. You need to have faith."Jappleack's Equestria Prime counterpart. Despite her initial uncertainties surrounding Jappleack's sudden appearance on her farm, Applejack winds up taking Jappleack in as a sister.
— "Ask Jappleack"
- Agree to Disagree: She and Twilight Prime frequently argue due to their opposing beliefs on the history of Equestria. Despite their arguments, the two remain good friends.
- Crisis of Faith: Applejack is a firm believer in the Holy Titans. So learning that one of them actually existed but was ready to eat her entire world sends AJ through one of these.
- Hostile Show Takeover: Briefly takes over Jappleack's Tumblr after she knocks Jappleack out cold in preemptive self-defense, but only until she is able to get Twilight Prime to come over and explain what's going on.
- Other Me Annoys Me: With Jappleack at first.
- Precision F-Strike: Gives Jappleack a friendly "Get the fuck outta here" when the time comes for her to leave Equestria Prime.
- Weapon of Choice: She's got a shovel and she ain't afraid to use it!
Twilight Sparkle Prime
"Take a deep breath friend, we're going down the rabbit hole."Twilight's Equestria Prime counterpart. She surveys the goings on of countless alternate universes, including her own, and is Jappleack's go-to pony for info on the maddening events that sent her to her world.
— "Ask Jappleack"
- Agree to Disagree: She and Applejack Prime frequently argue due to their opposing beliefs on the history of Equestria. Despite their arguments, the two remain good friends.
- Guardian of the Multiverse: Twilight Prime falls under this with her Transuniversal View-O-Scope that allows her to observe the entire pony Tumblrverse.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: She helps Jappleack devour Appelox, only to discover doing so will affect all of reality.
- Science Hero: Twilight Prime is more liable to rely on science rather than magic to solve a problem.
- Straw Atheist: She refuses to believe Equestria was made by the Holy Titans of Harmony, which puts her at odds with Applejack Prime. When Appelox (one of the Titans) attacks Equestria, she's forced to change her attitude fast in order to make a decent plan.
"Do you honestly think you can fare better against me than my brothers and sisters did?"The Holy Titan of Honesty who can be found in the void between the worlds. Consumed by gluttony, he had devoured his fellow Titan siblings and now feasts on the essence of the entire multiverse.
— "Ask Jappleack"
- Badass Boast: Appelox has a relatively delicious one:"I am APPELOX! Glutton of the void! Devourer of the planes! I will not cease until all have been consumed! Across all existence, none are safe from the cavernous damnation of my LEVIATHAN GUT!"
- Big Bad: Of the Ask Jappleack Tumblr.
- Big Eater: He eats planets.
- Cosmic Keystone: Subverted. The other Holy Titans return to maintain reality when he's killed.
- Eldritch Abomination: See Reality Warper.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Of PONY.MOV, since Discord and Wolflor are his sons.
- Karmic Death: He consumes multitudes of realms, but he himself consists of apples. What end could be more fitting for him than getting eaten?
- Knight of Cerebus: Things get deadly serious once he comes into play.
- Last of His Kind: Believed to be the case, but after Jappleack bites his head off to save Equestria Prime, Twilus, the Holy Titan of Magic, is freed from inside him and states her other siblings will reform now that Appelox is dead.
- Multiversal Conqueror: Wants to not just conquer, but eat the multiverse.
- Off with His Head!: His head is devoured by Jappleack.
- Oh, Crap!: Right before getting eaten by Jappleack.
- Planet Eater: He eats planes of existence.
- Reality Warper: An Eldritch Abomination who eats the multiverse.
- Ultimate Evil: Subverted when he reveals his form on the three-dimensional plane.
- Villainous Glutton: He's not called "the Glutton of the void" for nothing.
"My child, you've been through so much pain."The Holy Titan of Magic, and the leader of the six Holy Titans. As the old pony tale goes, it was her actions that kept Equestria Prime safe from Appelox's hunger.
— "Ask Jappleack"
- Back from the Dead: She is released from Appelox's bowels after Jappleack bites his head off.
- Big Good: Of Ask Jappleack.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Before she allows herself to be eaten, Twilus sealed off Equestria Prime from being devoured and created Celestia and Luna to take over for the Holy Titans.
- Eaten Alive: Thanks to Jappleack, however, she survives.
- Eldritch Abomination: A benevolent example.