WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS!
open/close all folders
Yuki and Shigure's muggle best friend who's been in a coma ever since he tried to save Yuki from a falling building.
Artificial humans created by EDEN whose powers weren't good enough to become Codes and are used as cannon fodder instead.
The Code:Names' Super Squads
Sakura & Ogami's classmates
- Genki Students: The most chipper class of high schoolers you'd ever hope to meet; they even win Ogami over, and he doesn't even care about innocent bystanders.
- Ordinary High-School Students
- Weirdness Censor: It helps that (as far as we've seen) they've never been directly targeted and also Nenene is the daughter of the Prime Minister, who also happens to be the head of EDEN. They've recently been almost aggressively ignorant of the fact that the New Transfer Student goes by Ai Ueo (AEIOU), lined their school with explosives that turned out to be fireworks, forced Sakura and Ogami to get "Ai's" lunch, and suddenly IM'd them a "joke poll" putting over a dozen captured inmates' lives in their hands ("It is a joke, right?").
- What Measure Is a Non-Super?: They pretty much disappear until they're unknowingly threatened by super-powered people.
Sakura's mother actually her maternal aunt-in-law
Sakura's father actually her maternal uncle.
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister of Japan, who's also the head of EDEN and Toki and Nenene's father.
- Ambiguously Evil: We don't yet know why he wants to nullify the world using Pandora's Box, but it sure looks like he's having fun doing it.
- Dissonant Serenity: See above.
- Government Conspiracy: Is the head of the Japanese government and a secret government agency that uses (and makes) super-powered kids to kill other super-powered kids and non-powered baddies; he may also have some secrets of his own and he's a lousy father.
- Jerk Ass: Was ready to disown Toki for being non-powered until Nenene gave half her powers to him. He was also ready to open Pandora's Box (the contained explosion that killed scores of power-users on December 32 that also contains her memories) just so Nenene could fight, or possibly trick Toki into fighting to protect his sister.
- Mixed Marriage: Assuming he was actually married to Toki and Nenene's mother, and assuming they even have a mother.
- Mood Dissonance / Slasher Smile: He has the gall to smirk at Hitomi as he (Hitomi) is on the verge of death and has a wider one when he's about to "wake up" Nenene.
- Pungeon Master
- Super Empowering: The unknown power-user who altered him:
Former Code:01 and Ogami's mentor.
- Big Bad: The first Big Bad of the series (second, if the PM turns out to be the bigger bad).
- Bishounen: The bishounen-iest bishounen before Saechika.
- Broken Pedestal: Ogami's had some really bad luck when it comes to caring about people.
- Kill It with Fire: Like I said, Ogami's had some really bad luck...
- Lean and Mean: Not terribly mean, but he looks very underfed.
- Man Child: He sleeps most of the time and is rarely very serious.
- Power Tattoo: Has a cross on his neck.
- Serial-Killer Killer: Hitomi thinks the Codes deserve recognition; Ogami points out that, serial-killer-killers or not, they're still killers.
- Shock and Awe: Has lightening/electricity powers.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He just wants recognition for the Codes that sacrificed their lives for their country. The lives of the Prime Minister/head of EDEN and 10,000 muggles ought to do it.
Fujiwara Nenene a.k.a Ex-Code:breaker 04
Toki's elder twin sister who has lost her memories of him for some reason. She attends the same school as Sakura and is in the same year as Heike, working with him in the Student Council.
- Anti-Hero: Type V.
- Big Sister Instinct: Protected Toki at the cost of her power and memory.
- Blood Knight: When her memory briefly returns.
- Daddy's Girl
- Dissonant Serenity: When she was Code:04, she was known as a ruthless killer with the most serene smile.
- The Ditz
- Evil Twin: Though she's less evil than hellbent on accomplishing her tasks, which often require her murdering criminals in cold blood. And even her "twin" status is up to debate now.
- Four Is Death: She was the previous Code:04, and lived up to this trope to boot.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: To be precise, what she actually became to Toki. The original Nenene was neither Toki's twin nor clone and not even related to him by blood; she just belonged to the "Apple of Eden" group of children that Eden raised. In order to make a vessel for Toki's overwhelmingly powerful magnetism, her left brown eye was traded for Toki's blue one in order to imprint Toki's gene into her, thus transforming her into Toki's twin and the bearer of his inborn power.
- Parental Favoritism: Prime Minister Fujiwara used to dote on her because she showed more potential with magnetism power than Toki. Which prompted him to run away from home, and in an effort to bring him back, Nenene shared half her power with him.
- Sleep Mode Size: The current ditzy, amnesiac, loli self of Nenene is actually her Lost form. Her real self is not one to be taken this lightly at all.
- The Mole: Implied to have been one to the Prime Minister by Saechika