Characters from Beetleborgs.
open/close all folders
Drew McCormick (Blue Stinger Beetleborg, later Gold Beetleborg)
- BFG: Thunder Stinger.
- The Leader
- Mind over Matter
- Super Mode: Mega Blue.
- This Is a Drill: Stinger Drill.
Jo McCormick (Red Striker Beetleborg, later Platinum Purple Beetleborg)
- The Big Girl
- Cute Bruiser
- The Nth Doctor: Via a magical mishap. Replacing the only girl with someone who looks nothing like her? Then do what Beetleborgs did, and say that a spell was placed on Jo which caused her to look and sound different, and then a second spell makes Muggles see her old self, but not the main characters (or viewer.) That's a smooth save right there.
- One of the Boys
- Otaku Surrogate
- The Smurfette Principle: Of the Beetleborgs team.
- Stronger Than They Look
- Super Strength
- Super-Strong Child
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap
Roland Williams (Green Hunter Beetleborg, later Titanium Silver Beetleborg)
- Fingerless Gloves
- Large Ham
- Literal Genie
- The Mentor: Of the Beetleborgs.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Based on Liberace, Elvis Presley, and Jay Leno. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno commented on this. Needless to say, Jay was a bit put out...
- The Social Expert: Capable of preventing other Hillhurst monsters from torturing the Beetleborg kids.
- Token Good Teammate: The only one of the Hillhurst crew who willingly helps the kids.
- The Smart Guy: He specializes in witchcraft.
- Translator Buddy: He is responsible for translating whatever Wolfie is saying.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Jerk Ass: Usually the least sympathetic of the Monsters.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- The Heart
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- The Unintelligible: He express himself with owling and barking, forcing Frangula to translate his language.
- Living Statue
- The Quiet One: Says and does very little compared to his roommates. He is, after all, a statue.
- The Unintelligible: Prefers grunts rather than words.
- The Chick: Of the Hillhurst monsters. Also The Smurfette Principle.
- The Faceless: She is only seen as a Jawa-like pair of eyes under a hood. Whenever she takes it off, she's facing away from the screen, and the person who is seeing her tends to run screaming.
- In the Hood: And for a good reason...
- The Trickster: in her first appearance.
- Sixth Ranger: Introduced in Metallix.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parent: To Aaron.
- Black Boss Lady: Though she's not the true owner of Zoom Comics, she sometimes acts like it.
- Cool Old Lady: Roland's grandmother.
- Never Mess with Granny: She's a skilled martial artist.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Abbie's girly girl.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She's Roland's mom, who takes over Zoom Comics when her husband leaves for business.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Nano's tomboy.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Drew has a crush on her but is too shy to tell her.
- Damsel in Distress: Occasionally, most notably in a daydream where Drew first fantasizes about being a Beetleborg.
Josh Baldwin (White Blaster Beetleborg)
- Fourth Beetleborg
- Good Needs Evil: White Blaster was created as an antithesis to Shadowborg. When Shadowborg is defeated, Josh loses his powers.
- Invisibility: His non-Beetleborg power.
- Einstein Hair
- Mad Artist: A bit eccentric but a rare good example of this trope.
- Meaningful Name: He's the creator of the Beetleborg comics, which makes him an "artist" that made "fortunes."
Dr. Baron Von Frankenbeans
- Herr Doktor: As you can tell from his name.
- Mad Scientist: He created Frankenbeans and considers himself his "father."
Van and Trip
- Put on a Bus: Go to live on their father's country estate
- Sitcom Archnemesis
- Rich Jerks: They're a pair of wealthy brothers who antagonize the main characters.
- Bad Ass: He delivers an especially Curb-Stomp Battle to the Beetle Borgs in their first confrontation, and could still defeat them (if not destroy their powers this time) in their Metallix forms. In fact, they were forced to rely on Roboborg whenever he would show up in person to force him to retreat until they got their Mega Sectra modes.
- Big Bad: Of Metallix.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy
- Manipulative Bastard
- Obviously Evil
- The Starscream: To Vexor. Though a rather competent one.
- Villain Decay: Was basically unstoppable in his first appearances, before ending up failing to fight them again later; then again, the Beetle Borg got new upgraded armors, most likely didn't fall to the same tricks anymore, and he still could handle them pretty well in a fight.