Series / B-Fighter Kabuto
is Toei's 15th entry in its Metal Heroes
series, and the second of its B-Fighter
series. Its footage was used to create Beetleborgs Metallix
Ten years after the Jamahl Empire fell, a new threat, the Melzard tribe, emerges. At the revamped Earth Academia called Cosmo Academia, Takuya Kai and Guru work on a new generation of Insect-Powered Powered Armor
suits. When the Melzard launches their first attack, two of the suits are immediately entrusted to Kengo Tachibana and Ran Ayukawa. The third is soon entrusted to Ordinary High-School Student
Kouhei Toba. With the new team in place, the Melzard's schemes for Earth have reached a dead end.
The New Generation B-Fighters:
- Kouhei Toba/B-Fighter Kabuto: The Hero; an Ordinary High-School Student who becomes involved in the fight against evil.
- Kengo Tachibana/B-Fighter Kuwaga: Big Lancer; a student inititally bitter with Kouhei for taking the mantle of B-Fighter Kabuto instead of him. However, he does warm up to our hero.
- Ran Ayukawa/B-Fighter Tentou: Smart Chick; she is so involved with technology that she is naive on natural matters.
Our heroes are soon joined by:
- Mac Windy/B-Fighter Yanma: A Funny Foreigner from New York, very much Sanguine.
- Julio Rivera/B-Fighter Genji: A Peruvian archaeologist, love interest for Ran, who taught her to experience the beauty of nature. Played by legendary suit actor Seiji Takaiwa, in one of his only face roles.
- Li Wen/B-Fighter Min: A Chinese elementary schoolteacher and Technical Pacifist.
- Sophie Villeneuve/B-Fighter Ageha: A French violinist and love interest for Kouhei; responsible for wakening the Astral Saber.
B-Fighter Kabuto provides examples of the following tropes: