- Accidental Innuendo: Take these lyrics from "Fair and Square" out of context and try to see how it doesn't sound like it's referring to a different kind of cheating.Kevin: When you do that thing.Zidgel, Midgel, and Fidgel: Thingy, thingy, thingy, oh!
- Alternate Aesop Interpretation: The moral of Comedy of Errors is "Don't tell anybody your friends' embarrassing secrets." However, one alternate moral can be, "It's funny to hear somebody tell others' embarrassing secrets until one of those secrets is your own."
- Anvilicious: The show can be as anvilicious as VeggieTales.
- Canon Fodder:
- What the Federation Academy consists of.
- The Penguins' backstories.
- Captain Obvious Reveal: The reveal of Bert and Cavitus being one and the same in 12 Angry Hens surprised no one ever.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, even though there aren't many words in it.
- "Fair and Square" is by far the catchiest of the Penguins' songs.
- "Uncle Blobb's Amazing Carnival" is a very catchy song.
- Estrogen Brigade: Check on deviantArt, YouTube, Fanpop, or some other sites for 3-2-1 Penguins! fans. The majority of them will be female. Chances are, some of those fans will be fangirls of one of the Penguins.
- Evil Is Cool: Many fans consider Uncle Blobb cool.
- Evil Is Sexy: The Lizard King, depending on if the viewer has a thing for alien lizards who speak with fast-paced Australian accents and cheat in games.
Bert Bertman: Preposterous! Maybe in my suit of armor, I meet the proportional requirements to be considered handsome, but inside, I'm still only a small pudgy vermin!
- Baron von Cavitus, again, depending on if the viewer has a thing for alien hamsters in robot suits. Hell, he even lampshades it in one episode.
- Fanfic Fuel: What Uncle Blobb did after his escape has already been written in a fanfic.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Zidgel X Midgel seems to be the fan favorite for the time being.
- Genius Bonus: One of Fidgel's inventions (which was an important plot point in the episode "Lazy Daze") is the Harryhausen Ray, which is able to stop motion.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In ''Compassion Crashin", Michelle mentions her friend Claire. Claire Corlett does become friends with someone named Michelle.
- The first episode came out five years before Madagascar, which would introduce us to another quartet of adventurous penguins.
- Two brunette twins reside in a house located in the woods with their elderly relative for the summer and encounter bizarre things in every episode. Hmmm....
- Ho Yay: Yup, not even a Christian T.V. series about the adventures of four anthropomorphic alien penguins is free from this, as this dialogue in Invasion of the Body Swappers shows.Zidgel: Midgel? I think you're beautiful!Midgel: No, Captain, you're beautiful!
- Apparently, in In the Big House, Zidgel likes the smell of Fidgel's ass being burned.
- Idiosyncratic Ship Naming: Zidgel X Midgel has been named "Gay Space Penguins", as homosexuality is observed in penguins often.
- Similarly, Zidgel X Fidgel is referred as "Space Husbands" do to the similarity to Spirk.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Most people watch the show just for the eponymous penguins.
- Most Annoying Sound: When Jason and Michelle argue in their T.V. version voices, you just want to yell at them to shut up!
- Bert Bertman's voice is ear-grating to most fans.
- Periphery Demographic: The older fans of VeggieTales are most likely fans of this show as well. In fact, like VeggieTales, this has some non-Christian fans.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Due to the first three Penguins' names rhyming, fans took some liberties naming some of the pairings, e.g. ZidgMidge, ZidgFidge, and MidgFidge.
- Retroactive Recognition: Claire Corlett, Ellen Kennedy, Lee Tockar, Gary Chalk, Trevor Devall, and Andrea Libman are all voice actors in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic who appeared here.
- The Scrappy: Jason and Michelle. Granted, they're tolerable and even a little likable in the original six, but when the TV version was released, they became your typical bratty seven-year-olds. Of course, it doesn't help that they're the main characters.
YMMV / 3-2-1 Penguins!