- Anvilicious: The shots of Batman and Robin fastening their seat belts; Robin's "Support Your Police" line, the alcohol speech mentioned above
- Ass Pull:
Batman'sEveryone's "Deductions" sure sound likeare this. See "Bat Deduction" on the main page for the crowning example of this. The fact that he's right about just about everything, no matter how absurd, makes it all the more hilarious.
- Fridge Brilliance: Catwoman has always been shown to be attracted to the Caped Crusader. It's possible that this is why she doesn't fight him during the submarine battle.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- Batman can't get rid of a bomb. Funny then. After The Dark Knight Rises...not so much.... or alternatively it becomes even more hilarious. Especially seeing how in both films Batman makes it out alive off-screen.
- Also, keeping Shark Repellent in a helicopter is going to be very useful in the event of a Sharknado.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The Joker putting explosives in someone's stomach. I'm sure we'll never see that happen again...
- Batman's line about how "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" brings to mind all the fuss surrounding another campy Batman film, and also, for more plot-related reasons, one of the more serious ones...Charlie Brooker: The Dark Knight Rises isn't "bad", but behind all the noir shine, it's no more intellectually nourishing than the 1960's, which was camp, and floopy, and fun, and never once mistook itself for Ingmar Bergman's From the Life of the Marionettes.
Batman: Some days, you just can't rid of a bomb!
Charlie Brooker: Actually, that is almost identical to the end of The Dark Knight Rises!
- To add even more to it; both films has Batman appear to be blown up by said bomb, only show up completely unharmed afterwards.
- The exploding shark. Jaws: The Revenge.
- Fighting sharks in a helicopter eerily foreshadows Sharknado.
- An NSA spy satellite has a logo of an octopus with tentacles reaching around the globe, much like the villains' logo in the movie.
- Ho Yay:
Riddler: Oh, but I must, I must! Outwitting Batman is my sole delight, my heaven on earth, my very paradise!
- Robin seemed less embarrassed about listening in on Bruce and Kitka and more irritated/jealous.
- The Riddler almost sounded like he had a bit of a crush on Batman.
- Memetic Mutation: "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" and "Shark-Repellent Bat Spray", in addition to all the other memes from the show.
- Moment of Awesome: The movie, while for the most part cheesy, has Batman's stunning rebuke, "You. FILTHY. CRIMINALS!" He puts so much hate into that one line it puts Christian Bale to shame.
- What an Idiot!: Batman's reaction upon learning that The Pentagon sold a pre-atomic submarine to a man named "P.N. Guin", who was at least kind enough to leave a P.O. Box address.
- It could also overlap with a subtle case of What the Hell, Hero?. He's polite about the news, but Batman is clearly not happy with the fact Penguin has a submarine.
- Commodore Schmiddlapp takes the cake though. How do you not figure out something's wrong when you're on a boat yet not allowed to leave your own room?
- And the only service is a clown in a purple suit?note
YMMV / Batman: The Movie