- Late Export for You: The film was not theatrically released in Spain until 1979, 13 years after its premiere.
- The Other Darrin: Lee Meriwether as Catwoman. Julie Newmar had no idea the film was even being made and had signed on to another project. By the time she was informed, she could not get out of the other commitment in time to do this movie.
- Recycled Set: The Penguin's submarine interiors are the Seaview sets from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1964) redressed.
- Stillborn Franchise: A proposed sequel to the film would have pitted Batman against Godzilla. The film would have been released between seasons two and three, and would have been used to introduce Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, and make use of a Batplane. Due to waning interest in the series during season two, which resulted in budget cuts, plans for a second film were scratched.
- Another proposed sequel would have had Batman and Robin battling villains IN SPACE!
- Throw It In!: Penguin's "every one of 'em has a mother" was an ad-libbed line.
- Wag the Director: Adam West agreed to do the film partly with a stipulation to have more screen time as Bruce Wayne.
- What Could Have Been: The script included an unfilmed scene in which the flight of the villains on the Jetpack Umbrellas was picked up on radar by the Air Force, who sent out a squadron to intercept. Sterling Holloway was actually cast as the commanding Air Force officer before it was decided not to film the scenes.
Trivia / Batman: The Movie