Grimoire ～Shiritsu Grimoire Mahou Gakuen～ lit. as Grimoire Magic Academy is a free to play mobile game developed by Applibot and available for both Android and IOS.
Set in an alternate world, 300 years since the appearance of demons from mysterious mist. Mankind is forced to withdrawn some living area and the battle between humans and demons are still continuing as of today. Children with magical potential were sent to Grimoire, a Magical Academy to learn and use their magic to fight, as the magic is the most effective weapon against the threat.
You take the role of New Transfer Student who, despite being a magic user, can't use any magic, instead having an ability to amplify and share with others. Going on the quest and defeating demons while enjoy your school life as you pleased. Did we mention that the male:female ratio of the school is 2:8? Sounds like a simple Harem anime-esque genre right? Except it's not, once you learn what is going on behind the scenes.
The gameplay follows a collectible card game with the story cut-scenes play in Visual Novel style. There is also other featured such as Mini-More (A My Room like featured), More@ where you can text and chat with the heroines.
A series of Character Song music video can be listen on the official youtube channel. In which separate into 2 catalogs. Reverse Re:Code Project in which depicts the girls in "Reverse World" and Picture Re:Code Project depicts the girls in Front World. Be warned that Reverse Record music video including a huge amount of spoiler.
The game title was later changed to "Grimoire A" and continued the story after the last arc.
Other 2 spin-off games both developed by GOODROID,Inc. A Kabedon game in which you... well, kabedon the girls. The other game titled, "I'm looking for this girl" is a puzzle game where you have to drawn the line(s) to collected tokens to finish the stage, the story is about Eve who got Ret Gone and you have to discover the mystery behind it.
The page is under heavy construction, any help will be much appreciate.
This game provides examples of:
- Alternate Timeline: The Reverse World. In fact one of the main concept of the story is to have you work with the Reverse World so that your world wouldn't end up like it's counterpart.
- Academy of Adventure: Grimoire is basically a normal school but with Guild and Battle arena throw in.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The Musashi Class Demon are as big as Edo Castle.
- Bad Future: The "Reverse World" is set in Alternate Timeline, Where humanity take a huge lost after 7th and 8th Invasion. Grimoire is now nothing but ruined and most characters are killed. It's safe to say that anything that possibly could go wrong in the Front World 'did' go wrong in Reverse World.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: One of the game criticized is the amount you need to spends on stuff is high and rather expensive. You will unlikely to rank at high place without spending some money on it. While the game do give out a lot of gacha tickets, it's also unlikely to be the specific cards you want. Most importantly the SSR Rate is minimal (0.3%) on normal so unless you spends the money on the banner (Which has higher rate and other kind of bonus) you will unlikely to draw any SSR from the normal gacha ticket.
- Cast From Hit Point: Sort of. Using magic doesn't fatal to the body per see. But using too much will rendered unable to move their body and make them very vulnerable.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Downplayed. Clothes made from Mist Fiber are this. It's provided both magical boost to the wearer as well as the magic resistance.
- Darker and Edgier: Almost anything related to Reverse World come to this.
- Downer Beginning: The story start out as this while showing Tomoka, the main heroine slowly dying before take you back into more happy school life. Turn out that actually happened but in alternate timeline known as Reverse World
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: A good chunk of characters in Reverse World got Killed Offscreen with surviving characters tell the player that they died at some point.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Discover the truth behind The Mist while working alongside with the Reverse World. The Front World managed to get pass the 8h Invasion with little to no lost.
- Eldritch Abomination: While some demons can be quiet cute. Many of them are borderline Nightmare Fuel.
- Everyone is a Super: Averted, Not everyone can "Awaken" their magic power while there are a lot of magic users in the world, it's actually just a small number when compared to normal human. Japan has roughly about 3000 magic users and about 200 is attending Grimoire.
- Guest Fighter: The games has quiet number of collaboration and some characters can only be acquired in limited of time.
- Anime & Manga:
- Video Game:
- Light Novel:
- Kill Em All: The "Reverse World" kills most of the heroines reducing the cast to only mere 1/4.
- La Résistance: The Partisan Resistance in Reverse World.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are more than 60 Heroines you can interacted with and this doesn't even count a supporting cast.
- Magical Girl: Any female students in general.
- Permanently Missable Content: Like any online games some contents like a collaboration card or limited card are permanently gone once their promotion are over.
- Portal Door: There is a "Gate" scatter around the world which can lead to Reverse World (The timeline is 12 years later from the Front World standpoint). Sometimes a new Gates will appeared but these are usually unstable and most likely send you to to another time point of Reverse World. There is also a Fog Storm which is similiar to unstable Gate except it's appeared randomly.
- Superhero School: Their are other Magic Academys across the world not just Grimoire in Japan. The famous magic user from America Magic Academy like Cosmic Shooter is refers as "Hero" in turn they also have higher male student attend than female student.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: The school uniform is made by a material called "Mist Fiber", the student can change their normal uniform to their battle costume in a few seconds by using a smartphone-like thing known as "Device". This is not limit to just the student battle costume. They can also instantly change to gym or swimsuit as well so there are actually no need for a dressing room.
- Sempai/Kohai: Due to how enrolled of the academy's work. The younger characters will simply refers olders characters as their senior despite the younger one had been in Grimoire longer than the older one and vice-versa.