Originally released in the mid-90s under a different title, this troper gained more recognition with her Updated Re-release in 2012. Since then she's been given at least one Expansion Pack. In late 2014, The Anime of the Game was released via direct-to-video OVA. She was licensed in the end of 2015 and a 12-Episode Anime started production, but due to inconsistent funding, only five of the expected twelve episodes have been produced and since released as OVAs.
She generally pays close attention to favorite manga and anime and watches them.
- Completely create all pages and subpages related to mangaka Mochi Au Lait and all of their various works.
- Create Creator/MochiAuLait - DONE
- Create Manga/YuriSummerKagayaInn and subpages - DONE
- Create Manga/MetMySisterOnADatingSite and subpages - DONE
- Create Webcomic/KasumiAndAcchan and subpages - IN-PROGRESS
- Create Webcomic/TwinSisters and subpages - IN-PROGRESS
- Create Webcomic/VideoRentalShop and subpages - NOT-STARTED
- Create Webcomic/FellInLoveWithAGirl8YearsYounger and subpages - NOT STARTED
- Continue developing Recap/ThePetGirlOfSakurasou
- Expand and improve character images for Characters/LoveChunibyoAndOtherDelusions
- Continue development and add character images for Characters/AestheticaOfARogueHero
- Develop and add character sheet + images for Itazura Na Kiss
- Add character images for Characters/StrawberryPanic
- Continue development and add character images for Characters/ReKan
- Write essay analyzing Yuri Genre on Analysis/YuriGenre
This troper contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Often a constant memer, she's cute and cares.
- Apologizes a Lot: If not because she's very self-conscious and insecure, she internalizes a lot of things around her.
- Cast Full of Gay: Every character she interacts with, save a few, are some type of LGBTQ+ person.
- Casual Kink: Previously shown to be a switchy painslut.
- Cat Girl: Gwen identifies a lot with being a cat girl. She makes a lot of cat vocalizations everyday.
- Devoted to You: Always this way with any serious partner.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": She has a strong aversion to her birth name. She often responds to hearing it as if she didn't hear you at all or, in the case of distant acquaintances or strangers, tell the user they've made a mistake.
- Earthy Barefoot Character: When she goes out for pleasure, you can often find her wandering parks, forests, and other natural places barefoot. She tries to be In Harmony with Nature.
- Easy Sex Change: Inverted - She is still trying very hard to afford her transition-related medical care.
- Eating Lunch Alone: Nearly always portrayed this way in the school arcs.
- Ethical Slut: Makes sure to care for her sexual partners and ensure consent.
- Extreme Doormat: Growing up, less so in later arcs.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Will fuck almost anyone if they trip her trigger.
- False Soulmate: She has been victim of this multiple times.
- Fragile Flower: Easily broken or spooked, Gwen is shyer than she appears.
- The Heart
- Hikikomori: Hides inside a lot because she's an anxious girl.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her entire childhood arc features this in spades.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Gwen's intelligence is shown keeping her from people for a lot of her life.
- Intertwined Fingers: Often shown between Gwen and her lovers.
- LGBT Fanbase
- Love Freak: Goes crazy over love.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Gwen often exhibits this.
- Love Triangle: Has been apart of a few, both turning Type 3 to Type 4 resulting in Gwen becoming a Hopeless Suitor.
- Meaningful Rename : Her name means 'Light of Wisdom and Hope' and came to her early in transition.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: This is especially true when she was younger, as revealed by the prequel arc.
- Oneesama: All types present.
- One Head Taller: Gwen is very tall. Her lovers in the series are usually much shorter.
- Order Versus Chaos: Often present. Gwen believes Chaos to be the origin of everything, including order - Chaos begets Order and Order will decay into Chaos.
- Polyamory: Gwen is polyamorous and has been involved in numerous poly relationships.
- Queer Romance: Lots of it.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Gwen is in at least a few of these. It's not sure if any will be Promoted to Love Interest.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Redhead with a heart of gold.
- Shrinking Violet: In middle and high school.
- Sleep Cute: After falling asleep around friends and lovers, she's informed this trope applies to her.
- Situational Sexuality
- Statuesque Stunner: At 198cm tall, D-cups breasts, and long, orange-red hair, she's a good candidate.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While a bit tomboyish at times, she expresses a good handful of stereotypically-feminine interests.
- Trans Nature: Gwen doesn't feel like she's supposed to be in this universe.
- Transsexual: Was assigned male at birth, identifies as female. Preferred pronouns are she/her/hers.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Occurred during a Coming-Out Story special with her parents in 2014.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Got Gwen in a lot of trouble with her teachers when she was younger.
- "Which Restroom" Dilemma: Subverted While set up, completely disregarded and easily resolved.
- Yuri Fan: A Big One. Check out her favorites here.
- Yuri Genre - In-Universe