Ew.... Hello^^' I am not very confortable with this whole thing, but I guess it won't hurt to try my own page. Hope I'm not doing it wrong.
So, what may I say about myself... I am a french litterature student from Paris, a fanfiction writer, a geek and an actual writer-wannabe with passion for stuff such as comic books, cartoons, some manga and anything related to Fantasy or Science-fiction. I am Catholic, and I used to share my room with a cat who seemed to have an ego as big as Gilgamesh's. Apart from my fanfiction work (which is mostly in french), I'm writing three different stories, though only two of them so far are on their way to be completed. I also used to be part of a fan project named Lyoko 5 that would led to the creation of a 5th fanseason for Code Lyoko (we started it before Code Lyoko: Evolution came out), but left it due to disagreements with the new persons in charge.
ContributionsMy main contributions are in animated series pages, particularly the Ben10 franchise. I also created and completed the pages for Les Légendaires, Series/Ewilan and the Character Sheets for Flanders Company and Reflets D Acide.
This Troper could be described with the following Tropes:
- Adult Child: well, I personnally feel more like a teenager, but considering I'm over 20 I guess I can no longer call myself such. I still have a passion for cartoons and a lot of similar media that are commonly associated with kids.
- Asexual: Possibly. I do not really know for sure, but I am definitely less concerned about sex and romantic relationships than average.
- Asperger Syndrome: Apparently. I have recently been confirmed as such.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: A big problem of mine. I have got a lot of idea, but a hard time organizing myself and finishing them all, so I often have to give up some of them in order to focus on others.
- Berserk Button: Several:
- Don't call me a liar or a pervert;
- People mocking or disrespecting religions as a whole. I have no problem with people being atheist, but I expect them to respect the opinions of those who believe in God. Conversely, I dislike religious fanaticism as well.
- I also hate people meddling with my stuff without asking first. That include looking at my screen when I'm doing something on my computer;
- Do NOT hurt animals.
- People trying to justify a show, movie, book or any similar media being crappy just because it's for kids.
- The idea Genocide is a morally acceptable solution. I don't care if it's fiction, you should never despict a species as deserving to be eradicated.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While a bit asocial, I am overall not such a bad person, and I try to stay courteous as much as I can. Don't try to piss me off, however.
- Big Brother Instinct
- Cloudcuckoolander: My family seems to perceive me as such. In my humble opinion, they aren't exactly better.
- Cross Player: I tend to rather playing female characters in RPG if given the option, though I sometimes pick male ones as well.
- Deadpan Snarker: the only way I can stand living with my father, who seem unable to express himself otherwise, is to act the same.
- Geek: maybe not completely, but I still have shades of this.
- God Is Good: I firmly believe in this one. Seriously, what's wrong with people always portraying him as evil in media?
- Hype Aversion: Not that bad, but I tend to instinctively be distrustful of things that are popular. Doesn't mean I can't try to look pass it and actually enjoy them, however.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: I have to admit, I can be quite a jerk sometimes, and I am sometimes not proud of the way I act. But I have reasons to believe I am an okay guy.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Nightmare Fetishist: I have a fascination for a lot of creepy and monstrous-looking creatures, including but not limited to vampires, werewolves, eldritch abominations and arthropods. Also, I have kind of a love-hate relationship with horror movies.
- Not Good with People: O God, yes! I am a bit more confortable on Internet, but in real life, it's an entire different story.
- Pride: in my own opinion, my biggest flaw.
- The Quiet One: In Real life at least. I am more talkative on the Internet.
My favourite Tropes
- Action Girl: cause we all love stories with female characters who can kick ass.
- Bad Ass: do I really need to explain why?
- Comedic Sociopathy
- The Comically Serious
- Crazy Awesome
- Creepy Good
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Emerald Power
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: because just because you are a good vampire doesn't make you a twilight rip-off.
- Guile Hero
- Horny Devil: even I have to admit this kind of character is fun to use.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!
- Jeanne d'Archétype: Because the Pucelle of Orlean is and remains my favourite historical figure.
- Light Is Good
- Magitek: cause magic plus technology is awesome.
- Magnificent Bastard: cause this is one of the best kind of villain we can get.
Tropes I dislike
- All Men Are Perverts: because we need to get rid of that annoying stereotype.
- Everybody Hates Hades
- Everyone Is Bi: don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Bisexual. I just feel sexuality is more complex than that.
- French Jerk: do I really need to explain why?
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Well, I don't really hate this one, but I just don't understand it appeal. Glad for you if you do, though.
- God Is Evil
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: Because Religion doesn't work that way.
- Humans Are Special: A trope that makes humans both the blandest AND the most important for some reason! And people say elves are a Mary Sue race?!
- Idiot Hero: Is it too much to ask for a protagonist who has some braincells?
- Muggles Do It Better: cause to my opinion, it doesn't make any sense.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: only if it isn't justified though.
- This Loser Is You
- Toilet Humor: just make me sick.
Please feel free to vandalize this page here: