- No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—-
Almost, at times, the Fool.The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, TS Eliot
Sabre's Edge is the handle of a longtime lurker-turned-troper-proper, who was moved to register due to The Situation. He customarily wears his Nice Hat while troping the web fantastic and is in the process of tracking down his previously-anonymous Tropers' Tales entries and linking them to this page.
College-aged, male, and Californian. Eagle Scout and Armchair Military, but tries to avoid the nastier aspects of that trope. Not actually a swordsman or a fencer (despite what the hastily-thought-up-name might have you believe); is rather more at home with a .22 bolt-action carbine, although he does not own one and rarely gets to use one. (Occasions where he does get to use one to punch holes in paper targets usually are accompanied by some degree of squeeing.)
List of applicable tropes will be occasionally updated. Was engaged in a detect-localize-acquire exercise, in ASW terms, as a familiarization exercise to TV Tropes for a friend.
For the sake of that friend, let's just say that said friend is playing the role of a carrier with a full deck of antisub helos, with this troper playing the role of the hunted sub. Finally detected, localized, and acquired. Welcome to TV Tropes, C.
Now has a dedicated Twitter account to join the growing number of Tropers with it, here.
- Asian and Nerdy: proudly so.
- Author Catchphrase: tendency to abuse emdashes, parentheses, and ellipses. Working on fixing it.
- British English: despite being an Eaglelander by residence.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: so, who's up for a round of Quiz Bowl?
- Chivalrous Pervert: You said it yourself. :P -Nekoalexa
- Costume Inertia: subverted in the matter of headgear, where he alternates between three Nice Hats. Played straight in terms of clothing and forum paraphernalia.
- Ditzy Genius or Genius Ditz: one of the two. Not sure which.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory ~ betterthanstrawberry
- I Love Nuclear Power ~ betterthanstrawberry
- Military Mashup Machine: A cross between a shipyard and an AWACS would probably require some radical imagining of the topography. ~ betterthanstrawberry
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: Are we not allowed to ship you back? :/ Noaqiyeum
- Pungeon Master: don't get him started on any puns related with shipping.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: occasionally, perhaps.
- Shipper on Deck: You seem rather fond of the Eldritch ships - StolenByFaeries
- Of course, all shipping is done as a matter of Rule of Funny.
- The Ship Yard —Earl of Sandvich
- Don't I wish I'd thought that one up...!
- Talks Like a Simile: has a tendency to slip semi-obscure military/naval-related metaphors and similes into his speech. It's like the Son Tay raid: if I can get away with it, no matter how belated it is...
- Team Mom ~ betterthanstrawberry
- You Are in Command Now: I've been a bit member and part-assistant GM in two RPs so far (Wizards Vs Muggles and Kingdom Hearts Twilight Of The Stars). In both cases I ended up taking overall control, at least for the time being. Reluctant Dragon Ascendant.
FREE-FIRE ZONE STARTS BELOW.
- Vandalism. —a vandal
- I have a ship that you would probably like... -The Ginkei
- The forum doesn't like Troper Tales very much. Just a friendly caveat. -Grain
- You are one of the most hilarious persons in the world - betterthanstrawberry
- Man, I just got these copies of Glenn Beck's family Christmas cards from 2009◊ and 2010◊ from one of his relatives after just asking for them. Now I don't even know what to do with them! —Sean Murray I
- As you already may be beginning to tell, I have some pretty interesting connections to famous people. This one time in California, I parked outside this frozen yogurt parlor that's owned by Melissa Joan Hart while I went out to dinner at a nearby restaurant. No joke! —Sean Murray I
- ... —a vandal
- Godot was Here
- The faeries challenge you for domination of this page. - StolenByFaeries
- Hi... the faeries have some gremlin friends who would like to say hi to your Faireys. - someone who needed somewhere to dump the gremlins
- You must die a horrible death! ;D - Tidal_Wave_17
- OMG YOU'RE SO AWESOME!- I Love Dogs
- Salutations, mate! - Flanker 66
- Now your page has had Science done to it! Noaqiyeum
- A straight-winged angel comes out of the clouds and strafes your page. You run up to the second story window to see the damage and realize she's written a message in bulletholes: "Oh, hai!" - Callsign Echo
- What is a nice hat! -goblet toss- Nothing but a miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU! -SheWhoChewsGum
- Glad to have you with us. Get in your uniform and report to the flightline immediately. — Catfish42
- Just returning yours — it is odd, isn't it? Greenmantle
- I MUST FASTER! — A Crack In Time
- Swear I did this before *wrecks up the place* -Hotel Kilo Seriously though, Eagle Scout, Quiz Bowl.... doppelgangers?
- I demand you wear all three of those hats at once! note — Firock Finion
- You are a pretty interesting fellow. — Augustine
- 'Swat friends are for. — Legionnaire
- Nnoitra/disembodied tentacles. You're welcome. — M'sieur Lapin
- Fiiiiiiiiiire Embleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem. (I haven't visited the FFN section much for the past year, I think.) Hey fellow fan of obscure game series! —Leradny
- Your Collection of knowledge in military and non military areas is nice to have around. Tuefel Hunden IV
- You lost the game. — Dragon573
- From one arms enthusiast to another. — Madass Alex
- You are just all around cool. WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO INADEQUATE? Er. Ahem. That is, good for you. Yes. That's what I meant. ~Al Ciao
- CAUTION! CAUTION! RENA IS ATTACKING! -RenaTheArchmage
- En garde! -desdendelle
- ATTENTION! ATTENTION! THIS PAGE HAS JUST BEEN VANDALIZED!
- AHAH! Due to my recent handle swap, I get to vandalise your page. AGAIN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! - Tools Of Destruction
- Random Fact: I use the Sabre's Edge Standard when judging media. If Sabre mentioned it, it must be awesome. Considering Company Of Heroes and Haruhi Suzumiya, the Standard hasn't let me down yet. -RenaTheArchmage
- Its Rainbow Six meets Harry Potter meets a suspicious amount of John le Carré references mo' like. -Hotel Kilo
- Yo, boss.......that's pretty much all I can think to say. -Tvtropes noob
- Me again. I like guns too! And knives... -Me again
- All we have to lose is our domesticatedness! For Vandalizm! - FF Shinra
- [[redirect: John Le Carre]] Poisson d'avril! ;) - Noaqiyeum
- Just dropping by to say you're awesome and the best GM I've had yet. You're awesome Sabre. As is your hat.
- F28 THIS IS F72, IMMEDIATE SUPPRESSION, GRID NK453215, OVER. - pvtnum11