uh... hey there. if by some off chance you found this page then you probably witnessed one of the rare moments where i'm not lurking on this site (likely on the forums).
shameless plug: here's my YouTube channel. for the most part i mash buttons like an asian, pretending to make music. or, at least i used to. i also have a half-baked Neocities website about games i play: Yet Another Free Website (yes, i am that bad at naming shit)
grinding to satisfy elitist pricks is extremely fucking boring sometimes, so if you can feed me funny videos to watch and/or listen to that'd be great. just don't put anything literally illegal in the cue, for god's sake. https://w2g.tv/jqbwo5bee2vit203mi
if you want to s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶r̶u̶n̶s̶ comment on me for any reason click here.
coincidentally, the second time i edited this very page was a day after a catastrophic hard drive failure on TV Tropes's end on July 7, 2020.
Pages I started
Tropes that live in my head rent-free
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: i don't partake in it myself (party because i have standards, but mostly just because i'm broke). i do find the psychological and sociological phenomena driving people who perpetuate the trope really fascinating though (perhaps unsurprisingly, i'm a semi-regular visitor of /r/truegaming as a result).
- The Gambling Addict: oddly, as someone who's spent roughly half my life playing Allegedly Free Games, i miraculously have a healthly lack of this trope.
- Loot Boxes don't do anything for me, i guess i just don't get any dopamine hits from rare shiny yellow things popping out of gaudy metal boxes.
- gearing in Dungeon Fighter Online is essentially a gacha. never felt any joy from getting a full set of epics, or a usable mythic (which reportedly has a 0.05% drop rate). instead, when i get to that point, i'm usually filled with a vague sense of dread that i'm still not good enough for elitists gatekeeping raid because i quite obviously don't have extremely amped gear.
- was once humorously described by a friend as "that one weirdo who doesn't play gacha games for the gacha" (in the context of Girls' Frontline, whose story is more gripping than i expected it to be).
- was once asked by a friend "if you had enough money to look like a whale in DFOnote what would you do with it?". my immediate answer was that since you didn't specify that i needed to use it on ''DFO'', it's going immediately to my student loan debt (and the leftovers to immediate family who needs it for financial hardship). i sure as shit don't care about keeping up with the Joneses.
- Some Dexterity Required: if it wasn't obvious from the opening part of this page, i love games that fit this trope. i grew up playing things like the crappy US version of beatmania and Guilty Gear (from The Missing Link up to most of the X2 series), so i suppose it's not too surprising.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: have been dealing with them for most of my life. as the opening states, i used to play fighting games a lot and have transitioned to pay to win MMOs that i don't personally pay to win in, which generally puts me at odds with people who fit under this trope. apparently i'm not allowed to be good at games without letting them become too Serious Business-y.
- i have, at one point, gotten death threats for teaching someone how to get good at their chosen main in Soulcalibur V.
- i personally like Dungeon Fighter Online for the mere fact it's a Beat 'em Up MMO, and unironically like doing endgame and raids. this has resulted in me becoming a "meme" in the DFO community for the most part, since the very idea of playing DFO seems to be heresy to most endgame players (aside from a handful of people who are about as """""masochistic""""" as i am)
- i have been DDoS'd at least three times over The New '10s merely for being able to take my losses on the nose instead of being salty about it (mostly Grand Theft Auto Online-related incidents, but the Metal Gear Online community was also problematic back before its closure).
- Virtual YouTuber: if it wasn't obvious from the fact that i started the hololive page.