- Accidentally Correct Writing: According to an interview with Naito Keisuko, the connection between Ruru ( and how her character development involved turning against Criasu) and the theater play R.U.R. was merely coincidental, as they chose the name Ruru Amour/RUR-9500 just because it sounded impressive.
- Fan Nickname:
- I Knew It!: Episode 25 confirmed fan theories that Harry was once part of Criasu, due to him letting slip a few times that he knew more than he let on, and that he fled after being experimented on.
- Ditto with Hugtan being a baby version of Cure Tomorrow. The fans already knew it as soon as she showed up in Tomorrow With Everyone's first use.
- Still others correctly predicted that George was actually the President of Criasu.
- Fans were proven right again when Episode 49 revealed Hugtan to be Hana's Kid from the Future, due to Hugtan almost always referring to Hana as "Mama".
- Milestone Celebration: As the fifteenth season of Pretty Cure, this season marks the franchise's fifteenth anniversary. To celebrate this, the season's standalone movie is instead a crossover team up with the original duo. Interestingly, this follows the pattern of the later Super Sentai anniversary seasons, with the season number marking the year. The tenth anniversary seasons for both franchises, Happiness Charge Pretty Cure and Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, were the only deviations in this pattern by being considered the eleventhnote seasons and celebrating that ten years had passed.
- Name's the Same: This season's Cure Ange isn't the same Cure Ange that was mentioned in the Heartcatch Pretty Cure movie. Downplayed in Japanese as the spelling of this season's Cure Ange is slightly different from Heartcatch's.note
- Playing Against Type: Yui Ogura, usually typecast as a high-pitched Token Mini-Moe character, plays Homare/Cure Étoile, a deep-voiced Tomboy with a Girly Streak.
- Recycled Script:
- Potential Cure wants to help out, but something is blocking their way from getting their powers? Are we talking about Karen, Erika, Ellen, Alice, Kirara, or Homare?
- A girl with her own insecurities who also idolize the Pretty Cure slowly overcomes her weaknesses, contribute to a villain's HeelFace Turn, and eventually becomes a Pretty Cure herself. Are we talking about Ayumi Sakagami (Cure Echo) or Emiru Aisaki (Cure Ma'Cherie)?
- In a way, the main premise of the season could be seen as an expanded take on the DokiDoki! PreCure movie, Mana is Getting Married!!? The Dress of Hope that Connects to the Future, as that movie also featured a Big Bad who thought the future brings nothing but pain and despair and seeks to stop time from progressing at all cost. Funny enough, Time Travel was also a plot point in that film.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Ruru and Jeros were previously Talim and Hilde in Soulcalibur IV, and in VI, with Talim returning, Ranze Ichijou is Xianghua and not counting crossover movies, and only counting voiced Cures, Akira Kenjou (Nanako Mori) is Taki.
- Homare and Ruru are Chris and Hilda.
- Ruru and Ranze Ichijou are Nui Harime and Mako.
- It's not the first time Ruru has had a relationship with Hana's mom. Bonus points for both Ruru and Sumire and Nanoha and Alph going from strangers to all but family.
- Homare and human Harry are Yuunoha and Jin. Even in another anime, those two are destined to never be together.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Reportedly, certain characters have certain rights to them, thus why Cure Mofurun is partially obscured in episode 37.
- Spoiled by the Merchandise: The PreHeart toy released before the show's premiere has two extra pins to react with Mirai Crystals, spoiling the additions of Cure Ma Cherie and Cure Amour to the team, and doubly spoiling the fact that the team will upgrade to a Five-Man Band.
- Write Who You Know: A minor example. According to this interview, Emiru's "nanodesu" Catchphrase came about when series composition writer Tsubota Fumi muttered it to herself during a meeting with the other scriptwriters and they decided to make that part of Emiru's character.
Trivia / Hugtto! Pretty Cure