- Actor-Shared Background: Asia Kate Dillon is non-binary. Episode 4 reveals that their character, Valentina, is genderfluid.
- Yaz and Kazu have the same nationality as their actors.
- All-Star Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Dakota Fanning, and David Tennant are all main leads, with Monica Rial and Maisie Williams involved as well. From within Rooster Teeth, Blaine Gibson, Gray Haddock, Chad James, Lindsay Jones, and Miles Luna are all confirmed to star. Even Spike Spiegel himself, Kōichi Yamadera, is part of the cast.
- Casting Gag: Rooster Teeth's CEO Matt Hullum voices the guy who financed the gen:LOCK project.
- Colbert Bump: Battle Tapes, the band that performs gen:LOCK's theme song "Belgrade" (as well as several other songs used as background or end-title music), got a massive boost in exposure because of the fact that their song is being used in the show's opening, which is further augmented by how good the opening is and how well it is synchronized to the song. The cherry on top is that fans of Rooster Teeth's productions have been used to waiting months for the music of the latest season of a show to be released, but since "Belgrade" and the other Battle Tapes songs have been out there for a few years, the fans can just go ahead and listen to these songs. The band even left a comment on Belgrade's page on Spotify noting "gen:LOCK brought you here?"
- Fake Brit: Dr. Weller, as David Tennant is Scottish.
- Fake Nationality: Played with; while Puerto Ricans like Raquel Marin are Americans, Monica Rial doesn't even have the same background, given she's Texan from Spanish descent.
- Fake Russian: Valentina (Ukrainian, to be more specific), played by the American Asia Kate Dillon.
- Fake Scot: Cammie, as Maisie Williams is English.
- Fandom Nickname:
- Sinclair very quickly earned the nickname Simclair among the subreddit. The Sinclair that arrives at the Anvil is a Union plant instead of the real Sinclair.
- Before its official name was released, Nemesis received the nicknames General Nanomachines, the Stalker, and Grievous from the gen:LOCK official Discord, and was dubbed Headsnatcher by Tumblr.
- I Knew It!: After Dr. Weller revealed Leon was Gen:LOCK compatible, most people guessed that Leon would end up using a Holon during the climax.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Scotsman David Tennant is voicing the English Dr. Rufus Weller, while the English Maisie Williams is playing the Scottish Cammie MacCloud.
- No Export for You: Rooster Teeth is not broadcasting the show to Japan via their website, and attempts to access it in Japan lead to an error message. This is particularly egregious considering the casting of Kōichi Yamadera and the existence of Kazu seem to indicate that RT was intending to target Japan as a demographic. Rooster Teeth's explanation is that the show is region-locked in accordance with a distribution agreement reached with the other studio involved.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Belgrade" by Battle Tapes was released in 2016, three years before gen:LOCK hit the airwaves. However, the song was regarded as being as such a good fit for the show that it became the Season 1 theme song.
- Role Association: This isn't David Tennant's first time playing a doctor character. One of his most notable roles is the tenth iteration of the Doctor from the long-running BBC television show, Doctor Who.
- Troubled Production: Season 1 was not pleasant to work on according to multiple anonymous accounts on Glassdoor that came out after production on the season wrapped. The animation crews were never paid overtime, resulting in as much of a third of the season effectively being made for free due to no one getting paid for overtime hours, and multiple contract laborers were promised full positions after production wrapped only for them to be shown the door.
Trivia / gen:LOCK