References to Hamilton in other works.
open/close all folders
Film — Live Action
- In Eighth Grade, a Hamilton calendar is one of the many objects in Kayla's room.
- In a flashback in Knives Out, the Thrombeys quote Hamilton and mention seeing it live. These references are ironic, however, since they disparage immigrants in the same conversation. The whole thing makes them come off as wealthy clueless liberals and/or tone deaf conservatives, and the whole family is later portrayed as being very xenophobic.
- A Wrinkle in Time (2018): Mrs. Who quotes "Tomorrow there'll be more of us."
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: In one episode, Gina has tickets to Hamilton and ditches everyone else to go. Creates a Celebrity Paradox later on when Lin-Manuel Miranda guest-stars.
- The Good Place:
- "Have you seen Hamilton?" is one of Michael's examples of "Western Hemisphere Brunch Banter".
- In the second season, Janet begs Michael not to reset her because she's got tickets to Hamilton.Janet: And there's a rumor that Daveed Diggs is coming back!
- Jane the Virgin waxes lyrical to "The Room Where it Happened" in "Chapter Eighty".Petra: Trust me, no one else was in the room where it happened!
Narrator: The room where it happened?
Jane R.: The room where it happened, right...
- One Day at a Time (2017): Alex quotes "Immigrants. We get the job done." from "Yorktown" in the pilot.
- Breaking Cat News' Fourth of July special for 2019 (from July 3 through July 13) is a feline tribute to the show. To quote Puck: "I am not throwing away my shot (at potato salad)!"
- Bernadette Banner brings up Hamilton when discussing how getting silhouettes right is an important way to get across the time period of a piece, even when taking other creative liberties with costuming. She later interviewed the designers and craftspeople behind the costumes of the show when doing a series of videos on the fashion and theater districts of New York and how they've been affected by the downtime during COVID 19, including participating in a fundraiser for the struggling costumers.