Jim admits that he is dating Karen. Angela discovers the branch receives money for hiring an ex-convict. Andy tries to find a date in the office, and Jim decides to prank him.
Air date: November 30, 2006
- Dwindling Party: The Stamford employees are quitting or being fired, one by one.
- Luxury Prison Suite: Martin's prison sounds better than Dunder-Mifflin.
- Pink Means Feminine: Hannah brings her son to the office while dressed in pink, leading Pam to think that he is a girl.
- Scare 'em Straight: After Martin makes prison sound better than the office, Michael puts on a presentation as "Prison Mike," trying to scare everyone away from prison. He fails miserably.
- Scary Minority Suspect: Played with. While trying to figure out who served time, Kevin suggests Martin, who happens to be African-American. Michael criticizes Kevin for automatically assuming the Black guy went to jail, then it turns out Kevin was right. However, Martin went to jail for insider trading, and served time in a cushy minimum security facility.
- Shout-Out: To the Six Flags' ads, several prison shows, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Michael's presentation doesn't remind Martin of his time in jail.