Dwight tries to beat Toby's running time. After the Stamford branch closes, the employees move to Scranton. Dwight tries to get Michael to fire one of the Stamford employees. Jan promotes Jim to Michael's "number two," while Andy and Dwight disagree over who should be "number three." Pam and Jim's reunion doesn't go as well as hoped.
Air date: November 16, 2009
- Adaptation Expansion: While there was a merger in the original series, the US version is a bigger plot point.
- Ambiguously Brown: Karen, to Michael. He asks if her dad was a GI, much to her and Pam's annoyance. ( Rashida Jones is half black, the daughter of Quincy Jones).
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: Dwight and Andy insult each other this way.
- Cringe Comedy: Watching Michael, Andy, and Dwight harass Tony is painful.
- Didn't Think This Through: While Michael and Dwight clearly put a lot of effort into their welcoming video, calling poison control if you're bit by a spider isn't going to do you any good. Spiders are venomous, not poisonous. Poison control is just going to tell you to go to the ER.
- Enemy Mine: Everyone accidentally realizes it's Michael.
- The Glomp: Pam does this to Jim when he returns to Scranton, killing his "Hi, I'm Jim" joke.
- Nipple and Dimed: In-universe. Creed snaps a photo of Hannah's left breast while she's breast-feeding at work. No one comments on her bringing an infant into the workplace, nor is Creed punished.
- Product Placement: In the original broadcast, Kevin has a subplot in which he uses a Staples shredder to destroy company documents. He even uses it to make a salad.
- Shout-Out: To Sun-Tzu's The Art of War, Punk'd , A Night at the Roxbury.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Tony is the first Stamford employee who leaves, as he refused to put up with Michael's antics.