Air date: February 19, 2007 ("The Pink Purloiner") / July 24, 2007 ("Squid Wood")
SpongeBob suspects that Patrick has stolen his jellyfishing net. / SpongeBob creates a mini puppet version of Squidward.
"The Pink Purloiner" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Don't accuse someone of stealing something you lost; always gather the information first.
- The Cameo: Mr. Krabs makes a cameo appearance when SpongeBob reveals how much he's willing to pay whoever finds his net, without having any adverse affect on the plot.
- Foreshadowing: SpongeBob doesn't have his net with him when he and Patrick return home, foreshadowing he left it on the bus.
- Happy Ending: SpongeBob and Patrick reconcile in the end.
- Idiot Ball: SpongeBob is usually always lacking in common sense, but he doesn't think twice about double-checking the bus to look for his net.
- Mistaken for Thief: The main point of the plot is SpongeBob believing that Patrick stole his prized jellyifshing net. Turns out he left it on the bus.
- Overly Long Gag: Downplayed as it doesn't go on for that long, but Patrick continuously calls SpongeBob asking if he got his net back each time.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: At one point, SpongeBob disguises himself as a billionaire to deceive Patrick.
- The Reveal/"Shaggy Dog" Story: It turns out that SpongeBob left his net on the bus.
- Rule of Three: The jellyfish migration lasts three days.
- Sarcasm Mode/Spoonerism: "I'm not your best friend. I'm just a no-good jelly netting thief fish!"
- Shout-Out: The title is a reference to The Pink Panther.
- Toilet Humor: Patrick reveals that he once dropped SpongeBob's toothbrush in the toilet.
"Squid Wood" contains examples of:
- Cosmic Plaything: Squidward is put through never-ending hell in this episode. Let's see, at first he is persistently harassed by SpongeBob, then SpongeBob creates a puppet version of Squidward that steals his identity, talents, and to top it all off, results in ignorance of the real Squidward.
- Did You Get a New Haircut?: Patrick mistakes the Squidward puppet for the real Squidward.Patrick: (to Mini Squid) Squidward, you look a little different. Wow, have you been working out?
SpongeBob: Actually, Patrick, this is...
Patrick: Hold it, SpongeBob. Ooh, I know. You shaved your beard. (SpongeBob and Mini Squid look at each other)
- Downer Ending: On Squidward's part.
- Idiot Ball: This is yet another episode where SpongeBob can't get it through his thick skull that Squidward doesn't want to hang out with him. In a way, this doubles as Jerkass Ball, although he annoys him unintentionally.
- Jerkass Ball: SpongeBob just won't leave Squidward alone despite the latter's insistence. Downplayed as his annoyance toward Squidward was unintentional.
- Shake Someone, Objects Fall: Frustraited with SpongeBob repeatedly asking him to play a game, Squidward shakes him, causing several games to fall out of his pants.