Born to be Wild
SpongeBob and Patrick set out to protect Bikini Bottom from a vicious biking gang.
"Born to be Wild" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Dont judge someone by their appearance alone. Looks can sometimes be deceiving.
- Delayed Reaction: When SpongeBob warns Patrick about the Wild Ones coming, he disregards it, concerned more with the fact that SpongeBob didn't responded to his hello. It's only after SpongeBob says hello does it sink in and Patrick has a Freak Out!.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: SpongeBob decides to take a shortcut to get back to Bikini Bottom. Said shortcut involves riding on one of the bubbles from the scene transitions to immediately arrive at the Krusty Krab. Understandably, Mr. Krabs is confused.
- 6 Is 9: The Wild Ones are actually the Mild Ones.
- Rewatch Bonus: Those who pause at the right moment to see the biker gang can easily tell theyre senior citizens.
Mr. Krabs and Plankton team up in order to find out why a new Kelpshake restaurant chain is taking away their customers.
"Best Frenemies" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Know what's in your food.
- Body Horror: Everybody in Bikini Bottom growing green fur after drinking the Kelpshakes. SpongeBob in particular is especially distressed by this.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Mr. Krabs and Plankton.
- Enemy Mine: Mr. Krabs and Plankton team up for the first time in the series.
- Foreshadowing: Karen warns Mr. Krabs and Plankton not to drink the Kelpshake, the first sign that something is seriously wrong with the beverage; they don't listen until it's too late.
- Ironic Echo: Pearl says she "feels sorry" that her Dad does not get the enjoyment of the Kelpshakes. At the end, after the drink is banned for being toxic, one of the Haz-mat specialists says he feels sorry for everyone who did consume the drink.
- Literal Metaphor: Mr. Krabs believing that Plankton was behind the kelpshake franchise, in that he was lounging behind one of the stores.
- Mercy Lead: In the ending, Mr. Krabs gives Plankton a 10 second head start in escaping with the secret formula.
- Not Me This Time: Mr Krabs suspects that Plankton was behind the kelpshake store when it turns out he wasn't.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: As expected, Mr. Krabs and Plankton bicker while teaming up.
- Toxic Waste Can Do Anything: The secret ingredient that makes the Kelpshakes so addictive happens to be this. It also causes the customers to all grow green hair all over their bodies. Once this happens, the restaurants are forced to shut down.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never learn what happened to the people who made the Kelpshakes after the restaurants are all closed; we can only assume that they are in hot water for what has happened to their customers.