Louise is called upon to join the floundering soccer team she didn't know she was a part of. While Gene and Linda turn the restaurant into a piano bar.
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: After Louise successfully prevents the Blue Dragons from scoring the winning goal, the whole team, including their coach, gets into an argument with each other. This moment is what allows the Gold Dragons to score their first goal since the goalie of the Blue Dragons leaves her post to stop her teammates from arguing.
- Hidden Depths: Jodie, despite her huge fear of germs, loves soccer and says playing it makes me feel alive.
- Opposing Sports Team: The Blue Dragons are typical, ultra competitive and skilled rivals.
- Sarcasm-Blind: In the flashback to when Bob and Linda signed up Louise for soccer, Louises answers were very sarcastic. Linda took them at face value, and Bob had to point out to her that Louise didnt mean what she says, but eventually both tire of trying to figure out if she was being sarcastic or not and simply signed her up.
- Second Place Is for Winners: Louise and her team lose 21-1. But they scored a goal, and they consider that good enough.
- Shout-Out: The ref passes by a kid modeled after Brendon on his way out of the port-a-potty. In addition, the goalie for the Gold Dragons bears a resemblance to Melissa.
- Take That!: Louise's soccer coach mentions that he listens to a lot of NPR. Louise responds with "NPU".
- The Wildcats: The teams playing are the Gold Dragons and the Blue Dragons. The Blue Dragons coach tells Bob that there are several teams called the Dragons, but with different colors, as well as several Thunders, including Brown.