Elvis Duran and the Morning Show is a nationally syndicated radio program hosted by personality Elvis Duran, on the air since 1996. Originally based in New York City (on Z100), the show has since extended itself to a multitude of other markets, and is easily the most popular morning zoo format in the United States.
The show has seen co-hosts come and go in its sixteen years on the air, but the current cast is as follows:
- Elvis Duran
- Danielle Monaro
- Skeery Jones (Executive producer)
- Greg T the Frat Boy
- David Brody (Executive producer)
- Carla Marie
- "Web Girl" Kathleen
- "Coaster Boy" Josh
- Scotty B
- Bethany Watson
- Carolina Bermudez
- John Bell
- TJ the DJ
Elvis Duran and the Morning Show provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight with and averted by Danielle and Carolina, who both love bad boy types, but ended up marrying the opposite.
- Ascended Extra: T.J., Loren, Josh, Carla Marie, and Kathleen were all (initially, at least) supposed to have behind-the-scenes roles, but since became pretty well-integrated into the show in their own right. They even have individual profile pages on the show's website.
- Career Versus Man: Averted, as Danielle, Carolina, and Kathleen are all married, while Loren, Carla Marie, and Bethany are all in stable/committed relationships.
- Catch Phrase:
- "Hello, Lady!"
- Additional ones: "That was my nickname in high school", "Wasn't she a stripper?", "That's STOOPID!" "Didn't (Punny Name phrase someone just said) use to do the weather for us?"
- Clip Show: During holidays, vacation breaks, and on Saturday mornings, a "best of" collection of popular/recent conversations, phone taps, and celebrity interviews will be aired instead of a new episode.
- Convenience Store Gift Shopping: Invoked with Greg T's bit "Walmart Treasure Hunt" where he wanders around a Walmart- blindfolded- guided by a contestant over the phone (go left/right this many paces), and wherever aisle he ends up, the contestant "wins" the item on the shelf in front of him.
- Every Episode Ending: When it's time to go, Elvis will tell his fellow show members "Say peace out, everybody!" and they'll respond "Peace out, everybody!"
- Go-to Alias: For phone taps, most of the morning show cast members have their own character/alias that they often use:
- Skeery has Mr Michael Oppenheimer and Rod Philips
- Danielle has Mrs Moshgalopsis
- T.J.'s were John Jingle and Officer Bradshaw
- Have I Mentioned I Am Gay?: Elvis has to periodically remind listeners that he's gay, due to misconceptions by listeners or however else.
- Iconic Logo: The Morning Show logo.
- Lampshaded the Obscure Reference: Elvis himself will love to do this and joke how he is so old/gay etc. that he is the only one who knows the reference
- Song Parody: "The Panty Man", a popular one based on "The Candy Man", in addition to various others.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Elvis loves his chicken Parmesan and his Tito's Vodka.
- Vacation Episode: The show has broadcast live from the Bahamas, Miami, Las Vegas, the Iowa State Fair, and London.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Whenever Greg T or Skeery agrees with someone during a topic discussion/argument, the other cast members will point it out and joke that person should reconsider their position.