Yellowjacket: Do I look like a monster?
Cassie: I want my daddy!
Yellowjacket: I want your daddy, too.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a magical place... and a damn terrifying one at that. With criminals, mystical threats... and a Titan that snapped away half the universe, the MCU can be horrifying to live at times.
- Doctor Strange
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Black Panther
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
Post Infinity Saga
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Agent Carter
- Jessica Jones
- Luke Cage
- Iron Fist
- The Defenders
- The Punisher
- Cloak & Dagger
- Just see our page image for Tainted Veins, the unnerving look of a man being poisoned by the metal fueling the experimental reactor in his chest... which unfortunadely he can't turn off because it's keeping him from suffering fatal heart injuries in the first place.
- Hawkeye needs the eye scan of a certain man to open a door that holds a meteorite shard. He gives a hand held scanner to Loki, who proceeds to crash the guy's party, hold him down over a decorative slab in front of the terrified crowd, and - possibly not understanding precisely how the thing works, probably just for kicks - ram the scanner right into the guy's eye. Add the other patrons screaming in horror and the sounds of the process (both the machine whirring and what seems to be the guy's face being squished) and it's enough to make anyone squirm.
- The concept of Project Insight takes real-life modern-day paranoia about government intelligence gathering and use of personal data by social media giants and turns it Up to Eleven. Put simply, HYDRA, having infiltrated SHIELD, plan to use an algorithm created by Armin Zola to collect and collate every piece of personal information they can about everyone on the planet, then use that information to predict who could be a future threat to them and eliminate them all at once using three upgraded helicarriers. That's right, HYDRA weren't just planning to take out their enemies, they were planning to massacre anyone who could ever possibly pose a threat to them. As seen on the targeting screen (before Cap switches the carriers to target each other) this amounts to thousands of people in Washington DC alone.
- As pictured atop this page, Tony Stark's Nightmare Sequence, where another massive alien army moves towards the Earth because all the Avengers stand defeated, with even the Made of Indestructium shield of Captain America split in half. Rewatching the scene while deeming everything as Foreshadowing of what the confrontations with Thanos's forces would be doesn't help.
- At one moment, the Avengers are partying and having fun, the next a shrill whine is heard, coupled by an ominous groan from Ultron, who stumbles up. Imagine you and some friends are having some well deserved down time. You're chilling at one of your buddy's houses, eating takeout and doing a ridiculous dare for shits and giggles. Then some misshapen, insanely creepy thing (the scrap-heap Iron Man body is very deep into the Uncanny Valley, as not only it's so damaged it looks borderline zombie-esque, but it moves with limping and jerky movements) comes out of his basement and tries to kill you. The sheer Mood Whiplash could break your neck before it gets a chance to.