Victoria Gardella Grantworth is from the Gardella clan of Venators, vampire slayers. She and her aunt Eustacia, current head of the family, are the last direct descendants of the original Gardella vampire slayer. She has to balance having a normal life as a society lady and running around slaying vampires, as well as finding someone to sire the next Gardella heir. The series is well known for its Love Triangle.
The five books in the (completed for now) series are:
- The Rest Falls Away
- Rises the Night
- The Bleeding Dusk
- When Twilight Burns
- As Shadows Fade
- Badass Normal: Max at times. At any rate, he wasn't a born Venator and Took a Level in Badass to become one.
- MacGuffin. Most of the plots revolve around them, including:
- Mentor Occupational Hazard, offed by her favorite student, no less. On her orders.
- Our Vampires Are Different. They're pretty much Always Chaotic Evil. Also, Our Demons Are Different and Our Angels Are Different.
- Grandparental Betrayal
- Red Pill, Blue Pill is what's offered (in the form of a hypnotic amulet) to any Gardella who doesn't want to be a slayer. It also works as Retcon.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Victoria dresses as a man frequently when she's off slaying.