This film contains examples of:
- A Minor Kidroduction: The movie's prologue begins in 1969 when Katherine's father dies.
- Knight in Sour Armor: She may be working as a tooth fairy, but she is certainly not up to the task of playing the part.
- One-Word Title: A Pun-Based Title, as it involves dentists and tooth fairies.
- Subbing for Santa: The tooth fairy, actually. One of her old friends was Cupid for a while.
- Tooth Fairy: Kirstie Alley, a dentist, becomes a tooth fairy while she was in limbo.