Here In My Arms, which can be read here, is a Rosario + Vampire fanfiction story by Plantinumsabr. One faithful day, Tsukune finally takes the plunge and admits his feelings to Moka (both of them). However, Inner Moka turns him down on the account of their different races (he's human, she's vampire), or at least can never be her equal. Tsukune feels alone and rejected, Moka is ashamed of herself, and the other girls are alternating between pity and rage over what has happened. Days later, Tsukune makes a 'do or die' ultimatum, as it's the only way he can make himself Moka's equal; become a Vampire.
The result was unlike anyone had expected, as he gained the unique powers of a Blood Sage; the ability to use the powers of Ayashi through the blood they drink. Tsukune spends the next few days trying to adapt to this change and Moka gives him a chance for reciprocate his feelings; to beat her in battle.
The story is well received of being one of the best Rosario + Vampire stories out there, as many reviewers agree the buildup, character interpretation, and genre elements are strong and amazing. The most noteworthy feat of this is the colorful and emotional romance segments.
See Rosario + Vampire for tropes surrounding the original story, anime, and manga.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: In chapter 2, after getting a What the Hell, Hero? speech from Kurumu about spurning Tsukune's Love Confession, Moka, realizing that Kurumu is right, assumes the Pose of Supplication and begs her for forgiveness.
- All Your Powers Combined: The main kick of being a Chi no Kenja / Blood Sage.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Doubling as a Tear Jerker. When both Inner and Outer Moka turns down Tsukune's confession, saying that he will never be their equal.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Tsukune manages to beat Inner Moka this way; he points out he is the most familiar with how she fights and thus knows exactly how to counter it
- Badass Boast: "You Bitch!" "I'm going to redefine what you think of pain!"- Alexander Valentine
- Too bad, it didn't get him that far though.
- Berserk Button: Just because Tsukune is now a vampire doesn't mean you shouldn't mess with his Nakama. It means you're going to PERSONALLY deal with him.
- Stealing his power is also a big button, the Hyakume found that out the hard way.
- Break the Badass: After delivering a Curb-Stomp Battle and a intense Mind Rape to the Valentine brothers, Tsukune breaks down crying, angry at the fact that they have mocked the pain that he and his True Companions have suffered throughout the years. Also doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Brought Down to Badass: After Tsukune recieves his rosary. Subverted as he can still use his powers, albeit not all of them.
- The Cameo: Vincent Valentine, Isabella "Ivy" Valentine and Evangeline Athanasia Katherine Valentine née McDowell
- Chekhov's Gun: The wyvern that Tsukune sucked blood from during his match with Inner Moka? His 'love bite' was enough to get her hormones jump started and lay eggs again. Rei came from one of those eggs, no less.
- Didn't Think This Through: In the second chapter, Tsukune rips off the Holy Lock and jumps into the ocean in the middle of a thunderstorm in order to become a vampire. The plan works, but he apparently forgot that water is a vampire's Kryptonite; lucky for him, Kurumu, Mizore, and Yukari followed him.
- Dirty Coward: Alexander Valentine. In chapter 13, he goes from smugly gloating over Tsukune and the girls and boasting of his superiority to shamelessly begging for forgiveness and trying to run for his life the second Inner Moka is released from her seal. Inner Moka even lampshades it while she's dishing out her Extreme Mêlée Revenge.Inner Moka: What happened to all that confidence you had, weakling?
- Enemy Mine: Tsukune and his True Companions have an uneasy truce with the Valentines.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He's not really evil, but Vincent Valentine really loves his wife.
- Extreme Mêlée Revenge: In chapter 13, Inner Moka dishes one out to Alexander after he brutalizes Tsukune in a Murder the Hypotenuse attempt. By the time she's through, Alexander is left comatose and battered beyond recognition.
- The Generic Guy: How Tsukune sees himself, and how the opening chapter thoroughly describes of him. Until he Took a Level in Badass, that is.
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: During chapter 11, Tsukune confesses to Mizore and Kurumu that seeing them kiss is "one of the hottest things he's ever seen in his life."
- Heroic BSoD: Tsukune suffers this twice. The first one was when he was rejected by Moka, and the second one has a slight mix of Berserker Tears and Unstoppable Rage, after he learned that Moka and Kokoa are being pulled out from the academy by their father and realizing that he has no money whatsoever to support his new 'family'.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Mizore states that her love for Kurumu and the other girls' in the group is this.
- Moka also seems to be developing this as seen in chapter 29 when she and Mizore kiss after the later removes the former's rosary.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Rei, she doesn't really care what other people think of her.
- Might not be so innocent with the feelings she's been having towards Tsukune.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Male Vampire bites cause pleasure more than anything. In the second chapter, Tsukune's bite gives Mizore an orgasm, and Kurumu compares the experience to losing her virginity, and after sleeping with Moka the amount of pleasure he causes goes through the roof, he's openly called an Incubus for his 'love bite'.
- Luminescent Blush: Rei gets one after realizing that she's getting aroused at the thought of Tsukune becoming a 'suitable partner'. She denies it, leading her to somewhat of a Tsundere status.
- Marry Them All: From chapter 6 onwards, Tsukune is officially dating every member of his harem.
- Mayfly–December Romance: Downplayed in regards to Tsukune's relationship with the girls except Moka; as Moka explains to Tsukune, while the other girls are long-lived and will live for a few hundred years at the very least, they are not immortal like vampires, and will eventually die.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Tsukune's reaction when he almost sucked Mizore's blood dry.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Tsukune recieves one from one of the vampire brothers in their first fight.
- "Not So Different" Remark: After his fight with Tsukune, Vincent realizes that Tsukune's reaction to Alexander trying to take Moka from him is identical to what his own would have been if someone had tried to take his blood-mate Eva from him.
- Oh, Crap!: Inner Moka's reaction during their battle when Tsukune decides to not hold back anymore.
- Older Than They Look: Isabella 'Ivy' Valentine
- Actually she's Really 700 Years Old.
- Also Eva, something that shocks even the above character.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Moka constantly goes on about her vampire pride, which is why it's such a shock to the other girls in chapter 2 when, after getting a What the Hell, Hero? from Kurumu, she literally gets down on her knees and begs for forgiveness.
- Our Dragons Are Different: They have a stronger connection to nature than even Witches. This allows them to do things that others think should be flat out impossible even with magic, such as when Rei creates dozens of foci from her tears. They can also shapeshift. Into dark-skinned lolis.
- Polyamory: Tsukune enters this relationship with his haremettes starting in Chapter 6.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Tsukune gives an awesome one when he was about to get dangerous with the vampire brothers."Now, let me show you why the level one boss never shows up in level two…".
- Teen Pregnancy: In chapter 28, Mizore is revealed to be pregnant.
- A Threesome Is Hot: Chapter 11 features a three-way between Tsukune, Mizore, and Kurumu.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In chapter 2, after Tsukune's transformation, Moka gets a scathing one from Kurumu, since it was Moka's spurning of his Love Confession that drove Tsukune to jump off of that cliff in the first place. Moka even acknowledges that she's right, and literally gets down on her knees and begs for forgiveness.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Rei uses this kind of dialect as a result of accompanying Tsukune to his Language Arts classes.