What if Moka never ran into Tsukune on her bike? What would happen if he found another reason to stay at Youkai Academy?
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Tsukune revealing that he has been turned into a Snow Boy to his parents comes across as being similar to a Coming-Out Story.
- Domestic Abuse: Since she did not befriend Tsukune right away in this continuity, Moka's first few days at Yokai Academy are played out like that of an abuse victim with Saizou playing the part of the abusive boyfriend.
- For Want of a Nail: The entire plot is written out as a "what-if" scenario on the idea that Tsukune was not hit by Moka on her bike.
- Instead of being hit by Moka's bike and befriending her in the process, he instead misses it and instead befriend Mizore.
- Because they did not officially meet until a few days after the start of school, Moka suffers from Saizo for a few days before Tsukune stands up to him.
- Because they are much closer emotionally here than in-canon, Tsukune and Mizore successfully consummate their relationship among the snow-white flowers.
- Instead of being turned into a ghoul (later transforming into a full-Shinzo vampire) by Moka to save Tsukune after being attacked by Kuyō, here he is turned into a snow boy by Jack Frost and the Snow Priestess.
- Good Feels Good: Downplayed Trope. Hokuto admits that a small part of him wishes that he was as heroic as he pretends to be.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Many of Tsukune's more "humane" traditions and behaviors - like attending the funeral of a student - come across as mildly bizarre to some monster characters. Granted most of the acknowledgement comes from Mizore, who is not exactly what you would call a typical member of the monster community.
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite the differences in circumstances, Tsukune's personality still lands him his Unwanted Harem.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: One day Tsurara shows off her weapon collection. When asked why she had them, she admitted that she wanted to be a spy back when she was younger. It only takes a moment for Tsukune to make the connection.
- Love Is in the Air: Snow Whites are a flower that grows in the cold peaks where Mizore lives. They excuse natural pheromones that act as a minor aphrodisiac and (according to Yukari) are commonly used in Love Potions. When Tsukune finds out about this, he becomes horrified, thinking that Mizore was manipulating him and that his feelings for her were not real.
- Passing the Torch: Jack Frost chose Tsukune to be his new vessel, giving him powers most other snow-people do not have, as well as immortality and authority over the Snow People.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: Referenced by monsters having slasher films about ruthless, seemingly unkillable humans stalking and murdering innocent vampires.