Parker Christian Posey (born November 8, 1968 in Baltimore, Maryland) is an American actress, best known for such movies as Dazed and Confused, Party Girl (1995), The Doom Generation, The House of Yes, Scream 3, Josie and the Pussycats, Blade: Trinity, Superman Returns, and all of Christopher Guest's mockumentaries.
- Coneheads (1993) as Stephanie
- Dazed and Confused (1993) as Darla Marks
- Party Girl (1995) as Mary
- The Doom Generation (1995) as Brandi
- The House of Yes (1997) as "Jackie-O" Pascal
- Waiting for Guffman (1997) as Libby Mae Brown
- You've Got Mail (1998) as Patricia Eden
- Scream 3 (2000) as Jennifer Jolie
- Best in Show (2000) as Meg Swan
- Josie and the Pussycats (2001) as Fiona
- The Sweetest Thing (2002) as Judy Webb
- A Mighty Wind (2003) as Sissy Knox
- Blade: Trinity (2004) as Danica Talos
- Laws of Attraction (2004) as Sarah Jamison
- Superman Returns (2006) as Kitty Kowalski
- The Eye (2008) as Helen Wells
- Spring Breakdown (2009) as Becky St. Germaine
- Mascots (2016) as Cindi Babineaux
- As the World Turns (1993) as Tess Shelby
- Futurama (2000) as Umbriel
- The Simpsons (2000) as Becky
- Will & Grace (2001) as Dorleen
- Boston Legal (2006) as Marlene Stanger
- Parks and Recreation (2011) as Lindsay Carlisle Shay
- The Big C (2011) as Poppy Kowalski
- Louie (2012) as Liz
- New Girl (2012) as Casey
- Inside Amy Schumer (2014) as Parker Posey
- Portlandia (2015) as Herself
- Drunk History (2015) as Mary Phelps Jacob
- Search Party (2016) as "Brick"
- Lost in Space (2018-21) as Dr. Smith / June Harris
- Robot Chicken (2018) as Lenny Busker / Angela / Sphinx
- High Fidelity (2020) as Noreen Parker
- Tales of the Walking Dead (2022) as Blair
- Alliterative Name: Parker Posey.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Her role in Party Girl showed her as a typical 90's slacker who was capable of doing more.
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost every role she's in.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Nearly all of her movies got theatrical releases in Australia, including 1997's Clockwatchers, which premiered in Australia a year before its American release. In 2016, a commemorative film festival titled "In Praise of Parker Posey" occurred in the country.
- Older Than They Look: She does not look like a 54-year-old woman.
- Playing Against Type: She played The Ditz in Superman Returns, going against her usual, intellectual character type. Also, even though that character worked for Lex Luthor, she was actually much nicer than many of her characters... even the law-abiding ones.