Parker Christian Posey (born November 8, 1968) is an American actress, best known for such movies as Dazed and Confused, Party Girl, The Doom Generation, The House of Yes, Scream 3, Josie and the Pussycats, Blade: Trinity, Superman Returns, and all of Christopher Guest's mockumentaries. Has also guest-starred on The Simpsons, Futurama, and Boston Legal.
- Alliterative Name: Parker Posey.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Her role in Party Girl showed her as a typical 90's slacker who was capable of doing more.
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost every role she's in.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Nearly all of her movies got theatrical releases in Australia, including 1997's Clockwatchers, which premiered in Australia a year before it's American release. In 2016, a commemorative film festival titled "In Praise of Parker Posey" occurred in the country.
- Older Than They Look: She does not look like a 50-year-old woman.
- Playing Against Type: She played The Ditz in Superman Returns, going against her usual, intellectual character type. Also, even though that character worked for Lex Luthor, she was actually much nicer than many of her characters... even the law-abiding ones.